sway
User

Sway_ Shadow Priest

Postby sway » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location:
23, Mississippi

- Number of Testicles:

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Yes

- How long have you played WoW:
I think 6 to 7 years, not entirely sure

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
3/7 Mythic Highmaul: Kargath, Twin Ogron, and Brackenspore.
3/10 Mythic Blackrock: Beastlord Darmac, Oregorger, and Flamebender ka'graz

Character Information:

- Name, & Class:
Sway, Priest

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/Sway/advanced

- Race & why you chose it:
Bloodelf, passive crit, and they're so cuuute!

- Professions and why you choose them:
Inscription and Tailoring. Mainly for gold making

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Shadow. Off spec Disc, rarely do I play other specs. However, I'm beginning to level other classes and such.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
There are 2 different play styles to Shadow - AS and CoP. AS favors heavily upon Crit while CoP favors Mastery. Generally speaking, you want two different sets of gear depending on the encounter if you want to fully maximize your dps/potential. CoP encounters would be: Gruul, Oregorger, Flamebender, Operator, Kromog, and Blackhand as these are generally single-target encounters. So mastery would probably be your best bet which CoP favors. Encounters such as: Hans'gar and Franzok, Beastlord, Blast Furnace, Maiden, Oregorger and Flamebender are AS encounters which favors crit. The reasoning I listed Oregorger and Flamebender in both AS and CoP encounters is due to tactics. During Oregorger's second phase, one could spam Shadow Word: pain on the boxes, thus granting more Shadow orbs - in terms results in a dps increase. Recent top parsing Shadow Priest's such as Hanno have ran AS on Flamebender with results better than others that have used CoP.

These talent choices will vary depending on the encounter or how one approach the encounter. Shadow's stat weights aren't clear cut per say. There is no "Go Mastery" or "Go Crit" or purely spec/gem one particular secondary stat. Single target encounters favors Mastery, mainly why most priest's were going with a full Mastery build in Highmaul is due to Highmaul being mostly a single target instance/raid. Before the release of BRF, priest's ONLY played CoP - as it was the only viable style to play at the time. With the changes to AS however, and the access to more gear with different stats, AS has become viable as a talent choice and playstyle. To sum this up, single target encounters such as Gruul, Mastery while specced into CoP is best. Encounters such as Maidens, Crit while specced into AS will yield better results. Because of these encounters and how our level 100 talent works, our stats will vary. Crit>Haste=Multistrike>Mastery=Versatility

Auspicious Spirits (AS)
Requires Priest (Shadow)
Requires level 100
Your Shadowy Apparitions now deal 100% increased damage and grant you 1 Shadow Orb.

Shadowy Apparitions (SA)
Requires Priest (Shadow)
Requires level 42
When your Shadow Word: Pain damage over time critically strikes, you also create a shadowy version of yourself that floats towards the target and deals (45% of Spell power) Shadow damage.

Clarity of Power (CoP)
Requires Priest (Shadow)
Requires level 100
Your Mind Spike, Mind Sear, and Shadow Word: Death deal 40% additional damage to targets not affected by your Shadow Word: Pain or Vampiric Touch. Also reduces the cooldown on Mind Blast by 3 sec and makes it instant cast.

Mastery: Mental Anguish
Requires Priest (Shadow)
Requires level 80
Increases the damage of Mind Blast, Mind Spike, and Mind Flay 25% (increases base on Mastery)

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Well, there are two different ways you can play shadow at the moment. You can either go Clarity of Power (CoP) or Auspicious Spirits (AS). CoP rotation is as followed: MS > MB to 4 orbs. MS> MS>SW:P>MB>VT>DP>Insanity>MB *when off cd* DP> Insanity. Back to build up phase. MS>MB. Although there are different methods of "dot-weaving". AS is basically Shadow's MoP style of play. Maintain dots, mindflay as filler.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Although, I wasn't a core raider or anything, OR had a major impact on my WoW career. OR was mainly a guild that transferred to Zuluhed to acquire server 1st. At the time, I didn't know much about WoW, and I only wanted to be in "The best guild". Shortly after the GM of OR made a comment regarding Zuluhed "I'll never recruit any scrub from this pitful server" or something along those lines. Being a player from Zuluhed, I felt royally offended, so I left. Shortly afterwards, I joined another guild that transferred over to Zuluhed <From the Internet> . Although I enjoyed raiding with FTI and getting into the raid environment - wiping endlessly on 10 man normal Amber-Shaper - I wanted to better myself some where else. I know progression takes time - but I could not handle it anymore. Again, being from Zuluhed, there weren't many guilds to choose from, so I was left with one alternative - find another guild on another server. Shortly afterwards, I joined a guild called <Infinity>. As skilled and as wonderful as they were/are, I started to miss Zuluhed and my friends that I left behind - I left Infinity and returned back to Zuluhed to help other guilds progress and at the very least - put Zuluhed on the map.

This is when I joined the guild <Last Chapter>. Somehow we manage to survive on Zuluhed and become the #1 guild on Zuluhed. That's not saying much, but it has been a long time since a guild on Zuluhed cleared content while it's current. There is a lot to say why I left - but I'll just make it short, the GM stepped down from a lot of stuff and allowed the "new officer" to handle things. I didn't agree with his choice, so I left. Any further questions regarding this - I have no problem explaining.

My current guild <Vex> accepted me and I thought it would be a great start, but as of 3/18/2015... I am still a recruit and I've yet to even get in for progression. I joined the guild on January 28, 2015 under the impression that I would be raiding or trialing but as it seems, I'm still a recruit (if I can even say that). I don't mind being sat or benched for bosses that guilds are trying to kill (I.E Mythic Imp) but I've rarely gotten any raid time - mainly Heroic clears. Up to this point, I've only killed 3 Mythic bosses with them, while the guild is 7/10 Mythic. I've talked to the GM and I've talked to my friend, basically what was said was: "You came in at a weird time" or " Your dps is a bit low, or you die a lot" It's one excuse after another. You can't really judge me by dps if we're wiping while the boss or bosses is at 70%+ health. Shadow's damage starts to really ramp up sub 35% and sub 20%. Along with that being said, I'm tired of waiting outside of raids every night wondering if I'm going to get in or not. I want to have fun or at least raid, not stare at my computer screen all night.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://imgur.com/CbbP2ix http://imgur.com/e02IKtr

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...219397/latest/. BRF log with Vex
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/6219397/6/. HM log with Vex
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...cter/100968/6/. Hm log with LC

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I rather be back on my server/servers. I hate having toons across different realms. Also, I know quite a few people in Simple Math. Such as: Pitlord (use to raid with him back in LC) Rude (yes, the troll shaman) and Copia - I've spoken to him a few times back when we were merged. Also sold him a rooster :)

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Ugh, I'm not computer wiz, but I'm currently using an Alienware x51. With everything on ultra, I think I get around 35-40fps.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4223558329

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

sway
User

Re: Sway_ Shadow Priest

Postby sway » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks for applying. I am sure there will be some questions soon.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:06 pm

10/10 ms paint

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:19 pm

While I understand the dislike of being benched, no one really wants to sit on the sidelines during a raid, it's an important part of raiding at a higher end, mind you we try our best to make sure even our trials see progression time, case in point both our warlock and hunter trials have had a chance to work with us on Iron Maidens.

Even with that said though, these next three fights we're facing are the hardest in the instance by far, and there's little doubt there will be nights where you're riding the bench for a while, whether it's just because your class isn't as strong on a fight, or that we're trying to keep the comp consistent to secure a kill. This isn't anything special, I've spent progression nights riding the pine so we can keep our comp consistent, and I have little doubt there will be more like that in the future.

My worry is that you'll be unsatisfied with bench time here, are you willing to put up with being on the bench if it's for the good of the raid?
#thestruggle

sway
User

Postby sway » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Yes, I can fully understand that. Before I joined my previous guild "Vex" they had informed me that I would most likely be benched for Mythic Imperator, which I was ok with. I can fully understand willing to bring competent players or players you're secure with for a kill. I'm not a selfish person, and I rather see my guild progress, however, I also want to raid and have fun. I don't mind being benched for things like this, being benched for bosses that are on farm, when I've wasted $25 for a transfer is what really annoys me. If that make any sense!

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:47 pm

We are working to get back to you this weekend.

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 pm

would you be available Sunday at 6:30 est for a mumble interview?, i will pm you the info

sway
User

Postby sway » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Sure!

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Sway thanks for applying. At this time we are going to pass on your application. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

sway
User

Postby sway » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:08 pm

No problem :D

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”