Silence7
User

Kastrelia - Priest Healer

Postby Silence7 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:15 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
22. Orlando, Florida.

- Number of Testicles:
I pick things up AND put them down. You need at least 1 testicle for each activity. I have nine.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Sure do.

- How long have you played WoW:
Started in BC, quit after killing Vashj, came back for Firelands, left when Dragon Soul came out. Back again for SoO and have been here since.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
6/7 pre nerf Firelands, Ahead of the Curve on SoO and HM, currently 9/10N 5/10H BRF.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
I pick things up and put them in the title of the post because it's informative.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... lia/simple
If for some reason my model doesn't have a weapon, it's because I just pounded out some deadlifts.

- Race & why you chose it:
Belf, I like aesthetically pleasing characters and the horde doesn't have many. Also dat free manas gives me more room to pick things up and put them down.

- Professions and why you choose them:
Herb/Alch. Thought protein shakes would be worth selling. People hate door to door salesman.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Holy/Disc. I know them both equally well and switch when needed. I would strongly prefer disc though because I feel I put out better numbers and keep more people alive with it.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
So I'm pretty much in holy gear(and optimizations) exclusively because that's what I was until last week and that prioritizes multistrike and haste for faster renew/coh's, but if I could be supported for disc gear I feel like I could pick things up and put them down much more efficiently.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Disc- bubblebeam everything. I didn't train this Dewgong for nothin! Penance/cascade/PoM on cd. bubble some more things. Pain Sup on the turtles.
Holy - refurbish the broken stuff, CoH/cascade/PoM/Puddle on cd. When you the only healer in a 30 man BIG MAN UPSTAIRS on the small turtle cuz he getting chunked. When they don't know not to stand in bad you hit em with the LONG SONG if you can't Pick em up cuz they bout to be put down.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
My friend drags me into guilds and then gets drunk and gets kicked out. I've been in this new guild for a week and they don't have the will to do what I'd like to do. Their raid schedule also keeps me up until 3am.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i.imgur.com/ZqhHNiY.jpg

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
Holy log: http://goo.gl/xb30Xv
The one fight I got to go Disc log: http://goo.gl/911IUt

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
and also Merkal. I've known Meeps since Firelands...It's basically his fault I didn't go 7/7 pre nerf. I just want to continue with my vow to "Keep Meeps Alive." However, I am willing to blame him for any and all wipes. Once a huntard, always a huntard.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
http://imgur.com/8kodE8C

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4136645362
http://www.pingtest.net/result/116991591.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://imgur.com/6CSlKsg
Literally the second best art I've ever made...I spent a solid 30-45 mins drawing this. Ask Meeps. He was there.

Silence7
User

Re: Kastrelia - Priest Healer

Postby Silence7 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:25 am

As a note, I will be unable to make the Tuesday raids for the duration of February as I have class from 5pm-1am EST. After this month I will be beginning my final project for my degree and there is a chance that I may need to take 1 day out of the raid schedule off just to keep up with my work.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Silence7 wrote:As a note, I will be unable to make the Tuesday raids for the duration of February as I have class from 5pm-1am EST. After this month I will be beginning my final project for my degree and there is a chance that I may need to take 1 day out of the raid schedule off just to keep up with my work.

Great another meepsfriend, just what we need.

On a serious note, do you see your schedule changing to allow you to make all raids after your final project is through, and can you give us an ETA for when that would be? Missing out on 25% of our raids is a big deal pushing into Mythic mode now.
#thestruggle

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Since no one has posted it yet. How do you feel about shadow? How do you feel about bench time? Although we do rotate healers we do have a full roster of them.
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

Silence7
User

Postby Silence7 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Dance wrote:
Silence7 wrote:As a note, I will be unable to make the Tuesday raids for the duration of February as I have class from 5pm-1am EST. After this month I will be beginning my final project for my degree and there is a chance that I may need to take 1 day out of the raid schedule off just to keep up with my work.

Great another meepsfriend, just what we need.

On a serious note, do you see your schedule changing to allow you to make all raids after your final project is through, and can you give us an ETA for when that would be? Missing out on 25% of our raids is a big deal pushing into Mythic mode now.

Unfortunately, my final project is 5 months in duration and after that, unless I have a job offer out the door, I would be able to raid. I'm assuming however, that you're not too concerned with something 5 months down the road. With that being said, I will be working 5-6 days a week for 8 hours a day and depending on how well my team's progress is will determine if I am able to make raids or not. I would be much better able to tell you folks the likelihood of me having to take a day off after the first week or so of March, as that is when I will find out who my team is.

Silence7
User

Postby Silence7 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Darenia wrote:Since no one has posted it yet. How do you feel about shadow? How do you feel about bench time? Although we do rotate healers we do have a full roster of them.

I haven't played shadow other than leveling and I really don't enjoy it. I have a survival hunter and i feel like spriests are a less mobile version of that. I don't know much about the intricacies of the spec but I'm sure I'd be good at it within a day or so.

Silence7
User

Postby Silence7 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Forgot to comment on bench time! I suppose I'm fine with it, I have some alts to play(and probably homework to do) and I know my gear is worse than your average, so I know I won't be in the front of the line for mythic. I am confident that I can earn a starting position once my gear does catch up though.

merk
User

Postby merk » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:45 pm

The scheduling part is pretty concerning. To miss one raid night a week would be to miss 25% of our raid nights. I expect you will have to sit a lot, besides just normal healer rotation its kinda like this: if your gear is behind and we are working on mythic content we will want to bring healers who have the throughput to keep up with the latest content, but we cant bring you in on farm content either ... because that's Tuesday, the day you are missing. Cycle repeat.

Honestly though it just strikes me as a bad idea. Its questionable for us given the scheduling questions but worse for you. At the risk of offering some unsolicited life advice if you are in the final semester of school you really should focus on that. Make sure you do a good job on your project, work hard on the job hunt, and get the best job you can get without worrying about fitting it into a raid schedule. But you are the one who knows whats possible, and its your mistake to make.

Silence7
User

Postby Silence7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:23 am

Thanks for the advice. With that being said, I will not be working on my project during play/relaxation time, and I will only be missing Tuesdays guaranteed until March. I will have ~50 hours a week to devote to my project. I will also almost walk into a job simply by completing my program. However, if you're against it then I imagine you're not the only one. Thank you for the healing advice you gave me before and I appreciate everyone who's taken the time to consider me.

merk
User

Postby merk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:43 am

No prolbem, the only thing I want to make clear is that is that I dont really do recruiting too much. So if you feel confident in your schedule and really do think this is what you want feel free to keep going. Only know that you will probably be sitting *more* then your fair share at least until you get geared up. It doesn't really hurt *us* much to have a bigger roster that sits, in fact in general its pretty good. But historically a lot of people can say they are good with a slow start but then quit when they are not in every (/ enough?) raid.

That and I have something of a bad experience with collage group projects. I once was in a group for whom peer review at the end of the semester went something like this. "Adam's biggest group contribution was to buy us tea on one of the meetings; this eclipsed Bob who didn't even do that much." I spent most of that semester disillusioning myself of incoming work promises & then doing it all with the fourth partner. Twas not a good semester. I think I'm a bit scared due to it.

Silence7
User

Postby Silence7 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Well I'm a game development student and we get grades after each month of our project, which would be to make a video game. If you do not have a visual representation of what you've done for the team you simply get kicked out and sent back to the first month of the project where you get put on a new team. I'm not the kind of person to let someone get by with doing shit work, which could explain why I want to raid with you folks. There are measures in place to make sure the thing you (and I) dread don't occur and I've seen them in action, so that will not be an issue. If it comes down to me sitting a ton, I'll be in no different of a spot than I am now, which is to say I will simply pug up to the content you've completed for the week. Since you're doing mythic, I'll likely never be able to pug that far so I'll just be gearing up via heroic content.

Darenia
User

Postby Darenia » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:40 pm

I had someone ask an officer to look over this app. They said they would post something by the weekend.
Eon: well... I was insinuating your other bunny >.> you know... sexual innuendo?
Darenia: OHH...i got a Hitachi. DONT NEED THE RABBIT ANYMORE.
Eon: arent those the really old virtual pets from the 90s?

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”