Zerizzi
User

Zerizzi - Shadow Priest

Postby Zerizzi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:40 am

Player information:

- Age & Location: 25, Iowa

- Number of Testicles: 2

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: Since late BC, with a break after the start of MoP.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Ulduar hard modes, server first Algalon 25, Heroic Lich King with 10% buff, Heroic Rag, Heroic Deathwing, Heroic Queen Shek'zeer, attempts on Sha of Fear.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Zerizzi, Priest

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... i/advanced

- Race & why you chose it: Goblin, 1% haste and Rocket jump

- Professions and why you choose them: Tailoring and Inscription; picked them for the superior enchants and cheap leg armor. Fairly null now.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Shadow, dual spec Holy. Am familar with Holy in heroics and can learn Disc quickly provided it passes Holy. Play holy often for Heroic queues.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

Shadow has quite different stat values depending on the level 100 talent in use. Currently, Clarity of Power is the far and away best level 100 talent for most encounters, with Auspicious Spirits being a good choice for Council style fights when we can multidot for orb procs.

For CoP spec, our stat priority is Haste > Multistrike > Crit > Mastery > Versatility, with haste and multistrike being nearly equal. For AS spec, Crit > Haste > Multistrike > Versatility > Mastery, with Crit being much better than all others.

Right now I am gearing for Haste, with secondary stats being factored into find the best gear, but not optimized because of the difficulty in finding Haste/Crit gear for the best overall setup. Because of the way haste works with dots now, there is no break point that is significant to reach.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: When using CoP, most fights are starting with Mind blast and mind spike spam, but that changes at 4 orbs. Starting at 3 orbs, our rotation is this: Mind Blast (4 orbs) > Mind Spike > VT > SW:P > Mind Blast (5 Orbs) > DP > Insanity > MB (3 orbs) > DP > Insanity > MB (1 orb) > Mind spike and mind blast spam resumes. This does fluctuate depending on haste values, and during bloodlust we may have to Mind Blast in the middle of an Insanity channel before finishing Insanity.

At sub 20%, Our rotation completely drops the use of dots, and because of the increased Orb generation provided by SW:D, we also drop mind spike. At this point we can completely use Insanity as a filler while using MB and SW:D on CD, and Using DP after MB to start Insanity filler.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Simple Math; after coming back from military training, I was much too busy to make the commitment. Since then, my ability to commit to the hours needed is much better.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0 ... 274&e=9959

Apologise for low dps on spine, I was too busy playing a mini-game and lifegripping people from their own stupidity ;)

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Mist and Drane, and I've heard of that Rude guy.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Laptop with and I5 2.5GHz and 12 GB Ram. The video is onboard video, so not the greatest. In the process of building a new desktop however.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Right now I am trying to work out my schedule so that I am sure I can commit to all the times. I will be available this week, and soon I will be out of school for a month allowing me to free up my evenings by working during the daytime. I plan on speaking with my manager to work out a schedule that will allow me Mon-Wednesday Off, and I am sure I can arrange to work during the day on Sundays.

I understand that this doesn't reflect well, but I am willing to do whatever I can in order to raid with this guild. Raiding with Simple Math has been the most fun I have had in WoW, and I do not wish to go elsewhere.

Ninetales
User

Re: Zerizzi - Shadow Priest

Postby Ninetales » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:19 am

you told us you'd be able to commit to the hours last time when you rerolled and then you disappeared before the first set of heroics was done.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:10 am

That's correct, and I'm not happy that happened. After I came back from AIT, I was not expecting the military to be demanding entire weeks from me and I was overwhelmed with the schedule I had at that time. That's not an excuse for my actions, but simply what happened. Since then, I have adjusted to the scheduling demands and aware of what is required.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:20 am

You've also said multiple times this week alone that you can't make the hours. When is the soonest that can be adjusted (you said you're speaking to your manager, etc) but how likely is that to change?

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:35 am

Pretty likely actually. I need to get the hours changed to something similar to fit in with school as is, so this is just asking for the changes earlier.The proposed hours also fall in line with the availability that I informed them of when I interviewed for the position, so it should not be an issue. It is a retail environment so it won't be perfect, but they have been great with being flexible with my schedule as I am one of only 2 techs in my precinct.

And to clarify, this week I said that I needed to figure out a way to make my schedule work, as in make sure I can still schedule enough hours to pay my bills. I have done that and simply need to speak to my manager to have it entered into the schedule.

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:52 pm

I'd like to add that I completely understand the apprehension that comes with me trying to raid again, and I am perfectly fine with a decision not being made until I can prove that I can be available for the required times.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:28 pm

I am going to leave your application open till we have a definitive answer on your hours and availability.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Spoke with my manager tonight, and he is completely okay with giving me Monday - Wednesday as my off nights (Sunday I work days). This may have some fluctuation depending on the hours requested, but at least now they are cutting hours down and it should not influence my availability for quite awhile. I do have a military situation coming up in mid January that will take me away for a week, but other than that it is just the normal drill things.

tl;dr: I now Sunday night and Monday - Wednesday available.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:09 am

You were in Premonition for Lich King 10%? Or was that 10man?
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Might have the percents wrong on it, it was a long time ago but I thought it was before the full buff that it was downed.

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Did a little more research, as I remember we killed it just AFTER something, and I was thinking it was the buff. Turns out it was the 4.0 patch. So, I'm an idiot, my bad.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:13 pm

While we really like you application we currently do not have room on our roster for another priest. Thanks and best of luck.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”