User

573Ilvl MW 11/14HM Raid Lead

Postby Sedz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:

19, 20 on August 22nd --- Wisconsin

- Number of Testicles:

2 :P

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?

Of course I do, what idiot doesn't? :D

- How long have you played WoW:

This will be my 10th year, so since the first Beta of Vanilla.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

I mainly started to get serious about raiding end game content around Dragon Soul, but I did do H 25 ICC a bit, and raided Semi-Casual since Vanilla... remember I was also a child. :P lol
Otherwise, I went 11/14HM SoO this content as a Raid Leader for Dread, located on Korgath... Reasons for leaving will be mentioned on a later date(Guild also fell apart shortly after I left).

Sedz, Mistweaver Monk

- Link to Battle.net Armory:

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... edz/simple
WoW-Heroes: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Illidan/Sedz/ (To see some of my parses.)

- Race & why you chose it:

Panda, for one... they looked cool, and second they give some of the best stats for a Mistweaver due to the double food buff.

- Professions and why you choose them:

Currently have Enchanting, which I made to have Ring Enchants... and I'm currently leveling Skinning for the Critical buff. I used to have Jewlcrafting, but decided to change because it'll be horrid next expansion.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Brewmaster, can also go Windwalker... I try to use it as much as I can, but never really get the chance to(primarily so I can stay at the top of my game for my character on all specs).

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

Mainspec: Mistweaver, crit is the highest stat for us, so after I reforge all my spirit/mastery into Haste to the breaking point of 9144(I'm at 9180 :) ) I stick to crit, since it's the most valuable.
Offspec: Brewmaster, I tend to stick with crit because of the damage output, but go into mastery when able... I go that way because of it being my offpsec, and I like to do high amounts of DPS as a Brewmaster.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

My normal rotation, is prior to the fight starting, I make sure I have my rotations of Renewing Mist on the max amount of people I can. When the countdown begins, I use my Thunder Focus Tea, and an additional Renewing Mist(to keep the up-time as close to 100% as possible), and as the fight starts I use Uplift which resets all the Renewing Mists on the players, and allowing me to add an additional 3 Renewing Mists to players, so I have the maximum amount of healing as possible. While the fight goes, I use my Rushing Jade Wind constantly on the raid members, due to the high mana-regen MW have, I'm allowed to. I use Uplift on cooldown, as well as normally keep my Enveloping Mists on the Tank, that's currently holding aggro on the boss. As well as being on top of using those two on CD, I make sure I use one Brew Tea, to gain Mana Tea as much as possible, but keep one stack just in case of emergencies, if there's a burst of damage on the raid, I can pop it to do an additional Uplift. Since MW don't get put into CD Rotations, I usually use my Revival close to the beginning of the fights, to use it again close to the end. Dispel when needed of course, I expel Harm on CD, or if I soak something I use it directly after so healing for others isn't affected. I use Dispel Magic on most fights, but usually no need, unless it's needed for a major fight, like Malkorok 25M Heroic.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Only really prior guild I have, would be with Dread... like I mentioned at the top I would explain it later, due to this question... :P I left due to the environment, I wasn't welcome there... and it wasn't the type of Guild I was hoping to call "Home", like I know your guys Guild would be for me.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

http://imgur.com/qzV1W2R
(I do use "MikScrollingBattleText" now, but my screen-shotting for some reason currently isn't working.)

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bR8 ... g&source=2
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dCt ... g&source=8

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?

I was contacted last year by Simple Math, still confused to today on my I never accepted the invitation, but it's probably due to me taking a break for awhile and getting into the Guild "Dread"... which I regret ever going into... But yeah, better late then never? :) I just hope I get the chance to be apart of your guys wonderful team.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

My Typical FPS is around 50-70 in a 25M Raid, and around 90-100 in a 10M Raid. Outside of raiding it usually sit's around 130-180(Depending).

Intel[R] Core[TM] i7 CPU
@ 9200 @ 2.67GHz
2.67 GHz, 2.98 GB of RAM
(I will be updating my computer soon.)

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

Speedtest .net: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3624578039
Pingtest .net: http://www.pingtest.net/result/101876817.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

I didn't know how to post it on here.. so I did it through imgur.com...
http://imgur.com/VauDWje

Mist
User

Re: 573Ilvl MW 11/14HM Raid Lead

Postby Mist » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:47 pm

My normal rotation, is prior to the fight starting, I make sure I have my rotations of Renewing Mist on the max amount of people I can. When the countdown begins, I use my Thunder Focus Tea, and an additional Renewing Mist(to keep the up-time as close to 100% as possible), and as the fight starts I use Uplift which resets all the Renewing Mists on the players, and allowing me to add an additional 3 Renewing Mists to players, so I have the maximum amount of healing as possible.

So what you're telling me here is that you waste trinket procs and contribute to the plethora of overhealing that we already do by unnecessarily popping things before damage even starts going out? There is something to be said for being prempetive in having your RMs out, but spreading everything before and during the first 5-10s of a fight is absolutely unnecessary.

If you knew that there would be a lot of healing to be done within the first 10-30 seconds of a fight that would warrant popping TFT that early such as say on Malkorok after the initial revival, I could see this being a feasible strategy. Other than that, it seems like a waste of trinket procs and healing. It certainly isn't going to be doing anything meaningful other than making your RM uptime look much prettier than it would otherwise.

as well as normally keep my Enveloping Mists on the Tank, that's currently holding aggro on the boss

This also seems like a waste of resources unless there are very few healers and nobody watching the tank. Generating 3 chi and using the GCDs to place it on the tank on CD seems like it would take up meaningful time that could be spent DPSing or using other, higher throughput spells. Tanks are very rarely in the kind of danger that would require this constantly in 25mans. I'm not saying that this should never be done, but it definitely isn't something to do all of the time in every fight.

Can you explain your glyph choices to me? Why use the roll glyph? Why use detox? When do you switch talents?

Your logs don't really show me a whole lot, do you have other logs? Showing me Malkorok wipes isn't very indicative of anything because that fight is a cheese fight anyways.

Your UI looks extremely cluttered as well. I know you say you use MSBT but it looks like you have your UI scaled up and your raid frames take up half of your screen. Do you use any other mobs at all?

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Also I forgot to ask, could you clarify on your position in Dread? You claim to have been a "raid leader" but iirc it was either Rang or Moon. You were only in Dread for roughly 20 days.

http://gyazo.com/5ffdae291451eba54787e42f5903da06

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Sedz wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

http://imgur.com/qzV1W2R

oh sweet christ... while i believe you when you say it's not your normal UI could you please figure out how to show us a screenshot of what you normally use?

do you click that entire second row of abilities?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:39 pm

My bad. I lied. Dread's RL was Chip.

Sedz
User

Postby Sedz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

I was brought in as one of 2-3 Raid Leaders, so i was in charge of helping form strats, because their previous player had left.

I'm very horrible at explaining through text, and I did the best I could... English isn't my first language, so trying to talk a lot in text format is very hard for me... so I apologize for some confusion, and not thoroughly explaining every single detail... I thought I did a good job for what I was able to do... = /

and I have 12 buttons on my Logitech mouse, so the majority of my spells are between that... #1-4 & Shift + 1-4...

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:29 pm

on your second bar of abilities there are a few that every monk of any spec should have keybound which you do not.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Sedz
User

Postby Sedz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Keybinds have two spots, the 1st, and 2nd... I put all my keybinds in the second isle so I keep the original... sorry for being OCD...

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:37 pm

At this point I am going end this process. We are going to pass on your application. Thank you for taking the time to apply but we do not feel you are fit with our group. Best of luck with your hunt for a new home!
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Sedz
User

Postby Sedz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 pm

It's fine, waste of time... but gave it a shot... sorry English isn't my strong suit for explanation through text...

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”