Even Baddier Baddies
Melisandre
User

Melisandre - Destruction Warlock

Postby Melisandre » Tue May 27, 2014 12:38 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 23, Georgia, US
- Number of Testicles: 0
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?: Yes.
- How long have you played WoW: Account was created in 2007, but I stopped playing for 5 years. So, since August 2011.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I started raiding in Dragon Soul, which is a terrible instance for raiding first impressions. Killed everything in it during current content, normal and heroic. Was a disc priest at the time. Switched to warlock since the guild I was in didn't need healers for MoP. Didn't quite get used to the class until the time Siege came out. Completed ToT normal, and some of the bosses on heroic. Switched from Demonology to Destruction full time for Siege. Now that I'm 14/14H, I'm trying to learn Affliction here and there. But I mostly use Destruction.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Melisandre, Warlock.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... dre/simple
- Race & why you chose it: Worgen, because they're so sassy when they walk. And well 1% crit racial. Darkflight is nice. But in all honesty worgens are just cool.
- Professions and why you choose them: Tailoring and Enchanting. I chose them before I actually raided on this toon. So I only chose them because I was making money off of the professions. Kept them, though, for the enchants that work oh-so-well with this class (cloak, pants, rings). And I'm cheap. I like enchanting my own stuff.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?: Destruction. Learning Affliction so not often. I don't want to use it on a serious fight and risk having lower numbers, because I'm not used to it, yet.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Mastery. All the mastery. It's mine. Just following my BiS list. :P
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Curse of the Elements, Immolate, Conflags, Chaos Bolt with my current only ember (since my bindings usually procs right away. I know, I'm the only caster that can't complain about that trinket), refresh immolate on either toxic power, expanded mind, ember master procs, or multiples, depending on what will give the ticks more power. Incinerate filler, of course. Chaos Bolts during procs, or when my fourth ember is filled and I get the 6 second increase to crit from my tier set. Rain of Fire with two ore more targets. Keep immolate up on all opponents.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Hrm. First real raiding guild was Renovatus@Madoran. Only left because the raid leader met a woman and had no care for the game any longer. I stuck around for two more years but eventually this couple took over and everything fell apart. A lot of good players left and I was ready for real progression. I tried to raid with some people from Renovatus who created their own guild, 10man. Some of the members could no longer commit, raiding died. Moved to Kel'Thuzad, "Severity Gaming." Was fine for a while. Got 11/14Heroic, up from 9/14Heroic. Got stuck on Siegecrafter because I guess this 25man team just couldn't handle mechanics. Belt team was solid, but floor team was lacking. A couple of months ago I switched to Mediocre at Best, of Sargeras. We got 14/14Heroic. But the original gm decided he didn't want to play the game anymore and took a permanent break, passing lead on to the disc priest, who started acting really weird. Apparently, she thinks everyone is talking badly about her behind her back and I can't handle someone pulling me into officer chat on mumble constantly, asking if I or someone else in the guild is talking about her. Drama is bad. So, here I am.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... 3c0729.png
I didn't have a photo of me in combat. So I smacked a training dummy.
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
Some different links. For some reason, the player logging did almost every fight seperately... http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KC12WGLQ9T8MrbYm http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3yj ... amage-done http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/V6Q ... amage-done
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I posted on the WoW recruitment forums that I was looking for a new guild. Saw the reply and decided to answer it.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? :
Argh okay. I can't copy and paste! Silly pc... - AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz, RAM 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system.

I usually stay at least above 40fps in 25man. Last time I checked it was around 60 fps. But I've been raiding 10man for a while, now. So, I guess I'd have to see. One way or another, lfr doesn't effect me. Even on Elegon, it barely changes.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3525232566

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.:

Lol you dicks. All right.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... 00f205.png

Kody
User

Re: Melisandre - Destruction Warlock

Postby Kody » Tue May 27, 2014 12:56 am

Melisandre wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?: Destruction. Learning Affliction so not often. I don't want to use it on a serious fight and risk having lower numbers, because I'm not used to it, yet.

Have you been trying to do flex to get used to it? It's pretty easy to get in just about any flex and if you fuck up then oh well.
Melisandre wrote:- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Curse of the Elements, Immolate, Conflags, Chaos Bolt with my current only ember (since my bindings usually procs right away.

Pre-pot -> Pre-cast Incin -> Dark Soul/Racial -> Immo -> Conflag x2 -> Incin for a 2nd ember, all procs should be up -> 2x fully buffed bolts. Elements isn't that big of a deal in a 25 man unless its on an add you're swapping to.
Melisandre wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ ... 3c0729.png

I see a few things w/o keybinds, do you find that limits you in any way?
Melisandre wrote:logs here

How often are you aware of things being able to be shadowburned(+-havoc)?

drane
User

Postby drane » Tue May 27, 2014 1:05 am

tell me priestess, what has the lord of light shown you this evening
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gonkish wrote:God dammit, Blizzard! Can't you just nerf druids?! WHY MUST YOU NERF THE BEST HAT?!

Melisandre
User

Postby Melisandre » Tue May 27, 2014 1:06 am

1. I haven't really had the chance to try it. Just switched it from Demonology to Affliction a few nights ago. But if I have a friend to laugh at my attempts with me, I'm ready to go.

2. Of course pre-pot, and all that. My curse of the elements is macro'd to dark soul (plus pet attack if I have a pet is being used) so it kind of just goes, anyway, then I hit F when it's needed again. Since I've been raiding 10man, I've had to put up Curse. In the 25man team I was in before, we only had two warlocks. So I still hit it, in case the other forgot.

3. My 5 button is empty because Mannoroth's Fury goes there, when I'm using it. None of my ui limits me. I'm completely used to it and my hands move fluidly. When I spec out of stuff, which I'm sure you know, it eventually disappears from my bars. Everything on the bottom left action bar, above the main numerical one, is bound to these keys:

f g , . ; ' [ ] \

I know it looks stupid, but it's what I'm used to. I don't have a special expensive Naga/whatever mouse. I don't have a special keyboard. I do my business the old-fashioned way.

4. If I have multiple targets, I Havoc on CD and I always try to get a shadowburn out once an add/target is below 20% health. That is, if one of the other dps don't sh-t on it first and I can't get it out in time. >.<

Most of the time, with havoc, I just spread chaos bolts. But on Thok I end up using havoc to quickly put immolate on the jailers and a couple of other spells spread between.

I hope these answers are sufficient.

------
@Drane- At this moment, he has shown me that if I don't find a good home soon, one with goblins, orcs, trolls, blood elves, and the such... Some Alliance heathen may have to be sacrificed to feed his hunger.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue May 27, 2014 1:39 am

drane wrote:tell me priestess, what has the lord of light shown you this evening

nerd
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Melisandre
User

Postby Melisandre » Tue May 27, 2014 2:20 am

^ Out of the loop. Burn him. :)

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Tue May 27, 2014 2:44 am

grouch wrote:
drane wrote:tell me priestess, what has the lord of light shown you this evening

nerd

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Tue May 27, 2014 2:48 am

Melisandre wrote:Burn him.

I like her style.

Also hi again. I swear I wasn't actually creeping. I just so happened to have an alliance monk that I was on when you posted this. >>

Melisandre
User

Postby Melisandre » Tue May 27, 2014 11:41 am

Lol. Well, I like talking, so you can message me any time. I don't mind.

drane
User

Postby drane » Wed May 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Melisandre wrote:^ Out of the loop. Burn him. :)

he's a bigger nerd than i am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gonkish wrote:God dammit, Blizzard! Can't you just nerf druids?! WHY MUST YOU NERF THE BEST HAT?!

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 pm

not interested, best of luck elsewhere.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”