Scøøby, Fire Mage

Even Baddier Baddies
Renthemage
User

Scøøby, Fire Mage

Postby Renthemage » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 18, Delaware, est
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I play anytime of the day depending on when raid is or what I am doing that day. Very very active though
- Number of Testicles: 6
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: yes
-- Sunday: yes
- Do any others have access to your account? nope
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I did but I stopped because one time my phone broke and I was locked out of my account for 2 days and I was heated lol
- How long have you played WoW: I have played since Cata (I am a Cata baby yes laugh it up)
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Dragon soul full clear. 16/16 1/16H 5.1, 7/12 ToT

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Scøøoby
- Race & why did you choose it: Worgen for the 1% crit racial. For horde I would go Troll for the haste racial<3
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... 8by/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? Ruckus?
- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailoring for the pants and back enchant and Enchanting for the ring enchant and to DE stuff for raid.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I play all of my specs. Which ever is the most OP that patch lol
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Straight crit gear for fire, Mastery for Arcane and Haste for Frsot
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Fire- Glyph of combustion (situational), Glyph of evocation, and Glyph of Blink/counterspell
Arcane - Glyph of arcane power, Gluph of slow, glyph of mana gem
Frost - Glyph of ice lane, glyph of evocation, and glyph of icy veins
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? pre pot, start pyroblast at 3secpull, mage bomb,mirror images, see how many procs of hotstreak I get,Alter time, presence of mind, get all the hotreaks I can and than combustion, Than just hit hotstreaks/heatig up on que and keep bomb up and fireball as a filller
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? no
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): 0
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Last major guild was Pretentious on area 52. I went 16/169 with them mostly. It fell apart after 5.1 though.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/gttmxNX
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r ... amageDone/ (I was ballistix the mage back when I was 504)
- Alts & their name/level: Røbinhewd lvl 90 Hunter
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: One of your recruiters posted on my Free agent thread and I was interested right away.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? You guys seem very serious about your raiding and I like that! I want a good core group to hit 5.4 and onward with!
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Ibuypower- AMD FX 4100 quad core processor, 6.60 Ghz, 8GB, Radeon 7770 HD (upgrading to i7 and gtx 660 Ti soon) I get about 40FPS in raid (25-30 on huge AOE fights)
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ Im not sure if that is bad or good lol. I play fine though.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://imgur.com/eT9uXvq LOL

Nachthymnen
User

Re: Scøøby, Fire Mage

Postby Nachthymnen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello and thanks for the application.

We're a guild that has already downed Heroic Lei Shen this tier, which is one of the most difficult fights ever put into the game. Do you have any experience with any truly challenging fights that take even the highest caliber of guild over 100 attempts to defeat? If no, do you think you have the experience to be competitive in a top 50 US guild like us?

You'll need to get an authenticator if accepted, and to not have any special characters (ø) in your name. Is that a problem?

Coldark
User

Postby Coldark » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:44 pm

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Straight crit gear for fire, Mastery for Arcane and Haste for Frsot

I don't play a mage, but I do not believe stat reforging is as simple as this. What haste breakpoints should you aim for?

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Fire- Glyph of combustion (situational), Glyph of evocation, and Glyph of Blink/counterspell

Don't assume anything is common knowledge. If something is situational then go into detail as to why and in what scenarios it would be beneficial in.

Is this a joke?

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ Im not sure if that is bad or good lol. I play fine though.

Please use http://www.speedtest.net. This link tells us nothing.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? You guys seem very serious about your raiding and I like that! I want a good core group to hit 5.4 and onward with!

We are looking for members who will directly contribute to progression, not dead weight. So far I do not believe you have differentiated yourself enough from the common mage. As I said before, do not assume anything and go into detail about everything.

I encourage you to try again.

P.S. Spell Check goes a long way.

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Probably the least amount of effort in an app I've seen in a long time.
And you have 2 heroic kills ever on your mage.
And your enchanting is in BC levels.
And you're reforging out of crit, and into crit, and out of hit, and into hit, and into a butt ton of haste, but out of haste. Make up your mind.
I stopped caring about making a list.

But man you have such a pro keyboard and mouse. Sadly those are probably the highest quality portions of this app.

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Why did you link logs to a raid you were not a part of?

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Frozensoup wrote:Why did you link logs to a raid you were not a part of?

LOL

Yeah, I'm just going to deny this app. I don't think there is anything you can say to convince us that you'd be a good fit. I wish you the best of luck in your guild search.

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Never mind, I can't read. I still don't know why you'd post older logs under a different name when there are newer logs with your current name.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fqtm9audrjqtlyji/sum/damageDone/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r4l09h1cio6veclg/sum/damageDone/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9d7y0xam5735pnto/sum/damageDone/

Or maybe I do.

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:17 am

I don't even.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:41 am

Why does everyone use elvui? Is it the new standard ui for blizzard?

Renthemage
User

Postby Renthemage » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:14 pm

I am sorry for putting in an app. Did not realize i was applying to Blood legion or Method lol. My exp is low yes and when I asked your recruiter if was even worth putting an app in with my low exp they told me yes. Guess that was a lie lol. My reforging is from trying to hit my haste soft cap of 5036 that is why I kept reforging weird because I messed it up the first time. My enchanting is low because I am still working on maxing it. Don't be such dicks to someone just because they aren't a player since beta WoW came out.

Renthemage
User

Postby Renthemage » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Oh and my logs? DUMBASS I SAID IN THE APP I WAS BALLISTIX THE MAGE IN THE LOG.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:42 pm

If you're going to apply somewhere you need to give it your all, especially if you're lacking experience. We'd rather hire someone inexperianced who cares about their character and performance as opposed someone experienced who doesn't care at all.

This application would have gone differently if you cared, but it seems like you do not.

Best of luck elsewhere.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Are you real or something? Last time I checked we aren't blood legion. We take our recruitment pretty seriously but your app is so blatantly half-assed, you shouldn't be surprised that we didnt take it seriously. Lets start from the top as to why your app was shit and why we didnt even half consider it.

1. No authenticator. So you liked being hacked? What would we do when your account gets compromised or hacked?

2. Your stat priorities. Just writing x y z for spec a b c is a terrible way to show your knowledge of your class. You didn't list any breakpoints, reasoning for certain reforge gems, using different offpieces, etc that may appear out of the ordinary, and in general just didnt show any knowledge on the Mage class. It's like if a warrior apped and was like DERP CRIT LOL CUZ BT YKNOW? AND STAM AS PROT BECAUSE DYING IS BAD. See where you look silly to us?

3. Glyphs. Refer to #2 and apply same logic.

4. Lack of experience in raids. Apping to a 12/13H guild when you haven't finished normal mode ToT is a huge jump. Not to say you aren't a bad player, but 99.99999999% of heroic guilds who have killed lei Shen wouldn't even bat an eye to your app, you'd be brushed under the rug. No offense, your just attempting to make a huge jump which isn't realistic unless you have references or connections. You need to work your way up and don't expect to get to the top without working for it. It took me over a year and 2 tiers to go from barely clearing t11 on normal, to getting into sm.

5. That ui screenshot. Does this need to be explained? I use my camera phone for taking pictures of my dogs, and my dong. Not my pc monitor. If you can't follow a simple task of hitting print screen, posting to ms paint, and uploading to imgur, I can gaurentee you will have trouble on every app anywhere.

Tl;dr: your app was bad and you should feel bad. I outlined what you did horribly on, and how to improve so you won't become a laughing stock on every other guild you've apped to (im assuming you copy pasted this to multiple guilds, considering your lack of effort). Now, instead of throwing an angsty teenage fit, and reapped with a good app that was well written and showed your skill of the game, we PROBABLY wouldve reconsidered it, but youre the reason 90% of guilds hesitate to recruit younger individuals, you're not a mature person. We point out your app is bad and you automatically assume we are all turbo nerds.

So good luck on your journey.

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Renthemage wrote:I am sorry for putting in an app.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Renthemage wrote:Oh and my logs? DUMBASS I SAID IN THE APP I WAS BALLISTIX THE MAGE IN THE LOG.

I acknowledged my mistake. I'm unable to edit my posts, or I would have done so.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”