Eggie - Shaman re-rolling Monk

Even Baddier Baddies
Eggie
User

Eggie - Shaman re-rolling Monk

Postby Eggie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:04 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
I'm 24 years old and currently living in Miami, FL.

- Usual Play Times (Server Time):
I usually play within the hours of 6pm-1am server time

- Number of Testicles:
two

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Sometimes
-- Saturday (optional): Sometimes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account?
Definitely not.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes

- How long have you played WoW:
I started playing WoW around 2-3 months before the release of wrath stopped around Jan 2011

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Unfortunately I havent been able to go up against HM bosses since Heroic Halfus with Simple Math. Have been joining LFR to get back into the game.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Eggie Healer
- Race & why did you choose it:Goblin. Back then the passive racial was too good as Elemental to pass up, and I'm sure it still is for raiding.

- Link to Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... gie/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus?
Breakfast club.. Mess with the bull and you get the horns.

- Professions and why did you choose them:
I was working with JC and Engineering because of their contribution to raiding like chimera gems and tinkers. From what Iv'e seen so far out of MoP it seems I will be heading that direction as well with my Monk

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
With my shaman yes. I was Main spec Ele and offspec healer. I've been playing healer since I got back in the game tho to familiarize myself again with the healing game play since I will be rolling mistweaver next expac.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
Right now since I'm so far behind with gear and content, I've been getting into raid finder and just trying to get in sync with gear. Basically gear with Int, Spirit and Haste. I reforged a few items but not really gotten deep into it. I'm missing a few enchants on some gear but since Iv'e been LFR It doesn't seem worth it to spend the gold for mats or scrolls on this toon since I'm re-rolling. Always have had my gear up to date with enchants and gems before i froze my account so you can expect the same during MoP

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Glyph of Earth Shield, riptide and water shield. Majors I'm using glyph of chain healer, healing wave and Healing stream. Basically I use these glyphs over the rest do to how effective they are compared to the rest. I'm always using Riptide, Chain Heal and healing wave. I have been thinking about changing Riptide to earthliving though just out of curiosity. Seems like I get equal healing output from riptide and earthliving so I'd like to try it out.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Applying as healer.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
So far messing around with the Monk class in beta, rotation seems straight foward to me with the basic "oh Shit" spells. I find it interesting tho how you can cast instant big heals while channeling your main spell like surging mist while channeling soothing mist or Enveloping Mist. Keeping Jade serpent up during boss fights is always necc as well as keeping up with my HoT's. As far as dpsing to heal, I'm not too comfortable with that yet unless its trash then I can happily crane kick. I'm really liking the fact that theres no one way to healing within mop (at least with monk), its my choice and its just as effective as long as I play skillfully.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
No pvp titles

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I have been in many guilds since i started playing the game. Although I can only say I've been in a few that i considered serious raiding Guilds. Just to name a few, I was apart of Blue Garter, Fatted Succession and Crimpson tempest. All three of these guilds fell apart due to end of expansion syndrome. People stopped caring at 11/12 heroic and attendance became an issue in Wotlk. Before entering Simple Math I became a GM of a guild with a few friends on my old server. I went there to help them get their LK titles some time before Catalclysm. After that I applied to this guild and was accepted for my trial run. During cata I raided with Simple math up to Heroic halfus, wasnt here to finish off Al'Akir tho. I had to freeze my account because of some big changes with living and income. I figured if I couldnt commit the time it is required it wasnt fair to the guild to sit stagnant in the Roster so I froze my account. I moved out of Fort Myers to Miami where it took me basically this whole year to find a stable job and be able to settle in my own place, it aint easy in this city I tell you that much. After accomplishing that I bought myself a decent computer and downloaded WoW again.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/2860777

- Alts & their name/level:
I have a few I just mess around with when I'm really bored but when MoP rolls around my shaman will be the only alt I play with

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
no aim, can email me at [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Was in this guild before cata and the first few months so i know a few of the officers and some raiders.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I loved the raiding environment and the friendliness of the raiders. I love the progression. When there's a wipe, the guild learns from it and gets a step closer to victory.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Currently I'm playing on a mx14. Its got a I7-3600, 16gig ram and a 2gig 650 gt run the graphics. I'm using this while my rig gets built. Just waiting for the gtx 690's to become available and that puppy will be ready. With the mx14, I get around 55-70 fps

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
Currently applying at the girls house so speed will be updated tomorrow from home. but just to have this Q answered here it is.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Ninetales
User

Re: Eggie - Shaman re-rolling Monk

Postby Ninetales » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 am

First step man, you gotta have your gear enchanted...
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Eggie
User

Postby Eggie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 am

Ninetales wrote:First step man, you gotta have your gear enchanted...

Agree. I just kind of let it slide for now since MoP is around the corner and my shaman will be my alt. If it helps my chances tho getting back with the group it will be done first thing to the shaman. Like I said I kept my gear fully enchanted before I froze so you guys can expect the same from me on the monk. I've been actually collecting enchants for the heirlooms I will be using on the monk

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:20 am

How quickly do you anticipate having your monk to 90?

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:42 am

do you have a 90 monk on lost isles?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Well atleast you completed LFR.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Eggie
User

Postby Eggie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Isen wrote:How quickly do you anticipate having your monk to 90?

With the help of guild perks and heirlooms I dont see why I can't accomplish it within a week. Last year I was unemployed right when cata came out so I was able to get to 84 within 24 hours I believe. This expac I will be taking my paid vaca from work so I will be doing the same, attempting to get ahead as fast as possible withing 24 hours of launch.

Eggie
User

Postby Eggie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:38 pm

grouch wrote:do you have a 90 monk on lost isles?

On Gilneas. I haven't gotten my own beta key yet but I have the luxury of using my brothers where I made my own monk to level as well as test out early mistweaver gameplay in dungeons.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Have you done any raid testing as mistweaver?

Which stats do you value and why? What style of mistweaver do you think is best, melee or ranged? When healing, what is your priority?

I'd like you to go more into detail than you did in your initial application. Mistweaver is a very intricate spec and I'm not too satisfied with your answer.

Eggie
User

Postby Eggie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Minty wrote:Well atleast you completed LFR.

Yea. It doesn't seem ethically correct to me to join a guild for heroic mode parses to apply elsewhere (here). I attempted to pug even some normal mode raids in server and it was just horrible. I definitely have heroic mode exp from prior expac and early on this expac so I know what it takes to get them done.

vix
User

Postby vix » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Minty wrote:Well atleast you completed LFR.

^___________________________________________________^

Eggie
User

Postby Eggie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Ranixxi wrote:Have you done any raid testing as mistweaver?

Which stats do you value and why? What style of mistweaver do you think is best, melee or ranged? When healing, what is your priority?

I'd like you to go more into detail than you did in your initial application. Mistweaver is a very intricate spec and I'm not too satisfied with your answer.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to raid test with the Monk. I'm hoping I can catch the next testing day so I can test him out in a raid environment.

Sure thing, and I apologize for the vague answer. One reason I'm re-rolling monk other than it being a new class is that its similar to Resto shaman when it comes to stat value. So I don't have to stray away too much to a complete unknown class. Spirit, Haste and Mastery. Even tho I personally believe MW mastery could be a waste on some fights due to limited movement, it can also be a great thing during constant movement fights. A change in the mechanic where "x% chance to generate a sphere that floats to the lowest health raid member" would be amazing. So I'm on the fence with it and Crit, but for now I'm prioritizing Mastery. As far as melee or ranged healing, I feel that I'm leaning towards ranged healing just because it is something I'm used to. Yes I think melee healing is great in some aspects but its limited. I think its great when it comes to conserving mana and when a fight just might need an extra push in dps but that's it. Towards a longer fight the mana to chi generation is less and heals aren't as effective when big heals are needed. Then again its simple to just back away and go to ranged healing if necc. I personally feel there still needs to be some tweaking for melee healing to be viable over ranged healing when end game content rolls around especially with HM's.

The times I've healed with my monk I always make sure the group has Renewing Mist up with uplift. As a monk healer I try to do more group healing than single target healing so I'm not always focusing on the tank unless needed, I play with Zen Sphere so I usually keep that on him. Then depending on how much damage is being taken is where I decide what heals other than Soothing Mist and uplift should be used. I always try to time an uplift right after a AOE hit on the raid so that its more effective instead of just using it to keep up mists. Also making good use of mana tea is a must. Not sure if its me but its seems like mana regen is a little weak on beta atm so I make sure to us mana tea before I fall too low. It takes some getting used to and I completely agree with this spec being very intricate. A few wrong spells in the wrong situation or renewing mists drops off and your looking at going oom quick just to catch up and get on track again.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 pm

can you level a monk on lost isles so we can see how your monk skills are?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Eggie
User

Postby Eggie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 pm

grouch wrote:can you level a monk on lost isles so we can see how your monk skills are?

sure thing

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

That's all pretty funny because the majority of that is wrong. I'll start with the melee vs. mistweaver healing.

After pouring weeks into testing which is better, it's obvious that melee healing comes out far and away the best in terms of output and mana conservation. By not healing in melee, you lose out on a lot of extra sources of healing (extra eminence and serpent's zeal) - All of that incidental healing adds up really, really fast.

There is absolutely no limiting factor to playing melee. If a boss moves too much and you can't effectively do it, it's easy to just roll out until you can. If you want to play monk, you're going to have to be comfortable with every aspect of it, especially the aspects that perform the best.

Additionally, mastery is absolute trash. The second trashiest stat is crit. MW, for all intents and purposes, is a channeling class because the main heal is a channel. So in addition to what haste USUALLY does for healers monks benefit about a million times more from haste than any other class because you will spend a lot of time channeling. There will be situations where mastery can shine, but it's far too RNG and player dependent to be worthwhile.

Your healing is standard 5man healing procedure, aka mash things and don't pay much attention. I'd need to see you in a raid environment to analyze that.

--

There are more issues I have with you than just your monk knowledge, though. Looking at your shaman's armory sends off red alerts everywhere. You don't really seem to know what you're doing. Your spec is all wrong (No TC, biggest isse.) - You're using actual yellow haste gems, which should never be done under any circumstance, half of it is unenchanted. It doesn't seem like you put any effort into your character. I know you're planning on rerolling but I don't appreciate the fact that you don't seem to grasp the class you currently play, let alone the one you want to reroll as. If you could elaborate on why your shaman is all fucked up, I'd appreciate it.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”