-- Wednesday: Y
-- Thursday: Y
-- Friday (optional): Y during progression
-- Saturday (optional): Y during progression
-- Sunday: Y during progression
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? yes

- How long have you played WoW:
Since Vanilla, started the hardcore raiding scene back in the end of Wotlk and got more into it with the release of Cataclysm

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Every single boss you can imagine on heroic or normal, except for Heroic Spine and Heroic Madness
Never did lvl 60 40 man raids however when lvl 60.
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Walajanilu 85 Hunter 401 ilvl

- Race & why did you choose it: Orc. In many test it has proven to have a higher dps increase by almost 100 dps in a long boss fight (not amazing, but every thing counts!), and aside from that, it fits my play-style better because if i can time Blood Fury correctly, i can get an edge on those high dps fiends. Also, at this moment, BM is looking to be raid-worthy in MoP, and with the Orc racial of pet damage, it seems like Orc will be the best choice come MoP.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... u/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? A commotion, a noisy disturbance, a rumpus, a distraction of noise

- Professions and why did you choose them: LW and JC
I chose LW because when i was lvling up to 85, it seemed to be a cheap and very effective way to lvl as fast as possible as well as being a great way to make gold when end game content is released. I know LW isn't the best profession, and i am willing to change it to engineering (which is one of the best choices for hunter) come MoP, but at the moment, Andorhal's AH is pretty slow and prices are way too inflated. When MoP is released, and a month into it or so, there will be lots of mats from mining and skinning from people lvling monks that the prices will be so cheap that THEN would be the best time to switch. I chose JC because it is one of the higher/best choices to choose for a hunter based on an overall agility increase (others being Ench or BS). Also, if coordinated correctly, each JC in the guild can get different cuts for gems which when raiding, will eliminate the choce of having to buy over priced, cut gems on AH.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
As of now, i only switched to MM during a 10 HC ultraxian kill to see how it fares up against survival since i had been playing that for a few months. Otherwise, survival is clearly ahead of any other spec at the moment, and i believe it will stay like this throughout MoP. I will be going Surv/BM spec for MoP however depending on whether or not i have the time to test out all of the specs when the MoP beta is stable and polished.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
As of now, crit is our most important stat, and as long as you can keep your cobra shot at about 1.6 seconds with no haste buffs from a raid, then your haste numbers are pretty much set, if not i can tweak. If i am under 1 second cast on cobra when in a raid with haste buffs and lust up, then i will most likely have to reforge some haste out to make it as close to 1 second as possible with those buffs active.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Prime: Explosive shot (no brainer), Kill Shot (essential come execute/burn phase at 20%), Arcane shot (survival spec forces you to focus dump a lot on arcane shot)

Major: Raptor Strike (reduced dmg taken during heavy dmg fights, right now i have MD because i havent been raiding in the past month or so), Disengage (more chances to get LoS of boss, or correct positioning, or to avoid disaters within close quarters of the enemy), Trap Launcher (essential for AoE fights and kiting adds during fights)

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
MD to tank, Prepot, (if lust, i wont use rapid fire at pull, other wise i will pop Rapid fire so long as it and lust do not overlap), blood fury, any on use trinkets once a few of my procs go off, save Call of the Wild for when all of my procs are up,
I pull with Cobra shot, black arrow, explosive shot, cobra x 2-3, arcane, explosive shot

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I think i have an 1800 rating in arena with my brother for 2's or 3's

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Assent - Dunemaul: high ranked 25 man raiding guild. Guild leader got burnt out early in Cata and bounced
Principality of Zeon - Dunemaul: not hardcore/focused enough
Simple Math: After staying with Simple Math for about half a year i believe, i was forced to take a break from the hardcore scene. As a senior in a private highschool, I believed that i would have been able to continue to raid with the schedule, but i was not able to keep up with the work and stress as much as i wanted to. However, i am glad to say that after leaving SM for a few months to get back on track in school, i was able to get solid grades and a high enough ACT/SAT to allow me to get a full ride to the college i wanted to go to, so all of this wasn't a total loss. The school i will be going to will most likely be easy for me to keep my grades up to keep the scholarships for the first year, so i don't expect it to get into the way of raiding.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/97124/
Simple Math probably still has a few of my parses from Tier 1 heroic content and Firelands.
As of Dragon Soul 10 heroic with Fosho (most have expired by now:)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3s3uvq3mnc6ac70m/ ranked 27th believe.
Also got a 144 ranked Ultrax kill, think i pulled abut 43k or so.
I am sure i have screenshots of logs from when i was with you guys also if you really want to see them

- Alts & their name/level:
Walagreens Rogue 85 ilvl 395 Combat/Sub (pvp)
Walamart Warlock 85 Full Cataclysmic (pvp)
Walajanilu DK (other server Dunemaul) shitty gear lvl 85

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I happened to stumble upon it.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I know what you guys are capable of, and everyone's personality is unique and respectable. Really interested to see how SM works in MoP and would be happy to be part of it again.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I actually am playing on a laptop right now since it seems to function better than my desktop since it was faily old. I play on an Asus K53Sv notebook, Nvidia Geforce GT540M, Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz, 8192MB RAM

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1873737671.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Ninetales
User

Re: Walajanilu - Surv/MM Hunter

Postby Ninetales » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:20 pm

what assurance do we have of your desire to raid when you go to college?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Walajanilu
User

Postby Walajanilu » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Well the problems that i can think of that are possible to prevent me from raiding are: money, college will be basically free for me, and i have worked long enough since i was about 14 in some way so i am not rich, but i will be able to hold off on extra work for quite a while. Another big wall could be partying and/or building connections with people so i will actually be able to rage as often as i would want to. I dont know how this will play out to be honest, but people probably will prefer to party later than our raid ends, which might be nice after a stressful raid, and if i need sleep, i could take naps during the day after classes, or i could just not rage a few days after the raids =P
I dont know how to prove the "assurance of my desire to raid" except to say that i am giving up precious time during college to raid in a hardcore fasion and giving it to the players within the guild.

Walajanilu
User

Postby Walajanilu » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 pm

If you still dont trust me, i am fine with going to college in like september, and testing out the time i have and how i can manage it before stepping into the raid with all of you, in case there is a slim chance of something like last time happening. I will however be 95+% active during the summer which is when MoP will most likely launch.

Velathiana
User

Postby Velathiana » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 am

Another big wall could be partying and/or building connections with people so i will actually be able to rage as often as i would want to. I dont know how this will play out to be honest, but people probably will prefer to party later than our raid ends, which might be nice after a stressful raid, and if i need sleep

It's really not that bad. When I lived in Vancouver I was able to attend raid, end at 9pm, and then head out to the club/bar/party afterwards. However, I had to be careful about scheduling my classes; you'd be surprised how difficult it can be to make it to raid by 4pm on a university schedule.

That's really my only issue. Partying isn't necessarily difficult because you have free time after raids and weekends. Your classes are a little different because I imagine you haven't scheduled them yet, and as such you have no idea when they're going to be at during the day. Also, meeting people is a little more difficult when you have to raid for a good majority of your free time.

I'm not hating, I'm just letting you know how it went down for me.

"It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die."

Walajanilu
User

Postby Walajanilu » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 am

Aight, yea that's good to know Vel, i was hoping someone who had gone through the same process as i will was going to post =D When it comes to classes however, i will try to figure it all out as soon as i can.

Goratha
User

Postby Goratha » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:30 am

I have no issues with wala, hes a good hunter.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 pm

@Wala: Protip - Meeting people during college is pretty dull. Make best friends with your favorite professors, it's what I do.

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Professors make the best friends in college, and they are awesome referrences in the future.

My C++ Professor still chats with me about stuff even though I'm not doing programming anymore, but has given awesome referrals for me for people looking for web design work.

Walajanilu
User

Postby Walajanilu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:03 am

K awesome, thanks guys, this really helps a lot since i will have a better idea of how to manage my time and what to do.

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:21 am

I played this game all throughout my four years in college. My advice? It's not worth it. 20+ hours a week is a lot to spend playing. These college years are once in a lifetime. I scheduled my classes around my raid schedule and it was hard, I got stressed, my grades did suffer and I didn't socialize as much as I should have.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:37 am

Nordiah wrote:I played this game all throughout my four years in college. My advice? It's not worth it. 20+ hours a week is a lot to spend playing. These college years are once in a lifetime. I scheduled my classes around my raid schedule and it was hard, I got stressed, my grades did suffer and I didn't socialize as much as I should have.

but then you discovered k-pop and everything changed!
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Nordiah wrote:I played this game all throughout my four years in college. My advice? It's not worth it. 20+ hours a week is a lot to spend playing. These college years are once in a lifetime. I scheduled my classes around my raid schedule and it was hard, I got stressed, my grades did suffer and I didn't socialize as much as I should have.

See, I disagree. I've been playing WoW since around middle-school.

If anything, it's taught me how to manage my time VERY well, it's provided a low-cost form of entertainment that's kept me out of trouble (I mean, face it. When you're in college, you're probably broke as the fuck. $15 a month so endless hours of entertainment is as good as it gets), and the people I've met have been more than useful when I needed to do homework and stuff.

Raiding 20 hours a week really isn't too difficult if you learn how to set priorities, and if you don't blow off your work like a moron.
Last edited by Mist on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Ranixxi wrote:

See, I disagree. I've been playing WoW since around middle-school.

If anything, it's taught me how to manage my time VERY well, it's provided a low-cost form of entertainment that's kept me out of trouble (I mean, face it. When you're in college, you're probably broke as the fuck. $15 a month so endless hours of entertainment is as good as it gets), and the people I've met have been more than useful when I needed to do homework and stuff.

Raiding 20 hours a week really isn't too difficult if you learn how to set priorities, and if you don't blow off your work like a morong.

morong.

morong.

morong.

if I may throw in my 2 cents, from what I remember of you, I'd say you should enjoy your freshman year, you'll meet hundreds of people. I'm not really sociable, but I still have dozens of people I still talk to occasionally from my time living on campus. If anything, give it your first semester, after that, if you feel WoW still tugging on your heartstrings, then come on back.

also I hate you grouch, wally would've understood my first message
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:37 pm

I DIDN'T TYPO ANYTHING. SHUT UP.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”