Bazos - Retribution Paladin

Even Baddier Baddies
Bazos
User

Bazos - Retribution Paladin

Postby Bazos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:26 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: I turn 23 Years old this friday and living in Ontario Canada
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I am usually on from 5pmish till around 1am or later EST time
- Number of Testicles: I have 2 testicles
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes 5-1am
-- Tuesday: Yes 5-1am
-- Wednesday: Yes 5-1am
-- Thursday: Yes 5-1am
-- Friday (optional): Yes 5-1am or later
-- Saturday (optional): 5-3am
-- Sunday: Yes 5-1am

- Do any others have access to your account? No one has access to my account. Im the only one that uses this account

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes I have an authenticator attached to my account

- How long have you played WoW: I have been playing WoW since the release of WOTLK

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I have cleared NAXX 10/25, OS 10/25 3D, EOE 10/25, ONY 10/25, Ulduar 10/25 excluding algalon, ICC 10/25 --12/12 HC 10 man -- 11/12 HC 25man, Halion 25 HC

Current Cata content
BWD 25 Norm ---- Full clear on HC 6/6
BOT 25 Norm ----- 5/5 HC
TOT4W 25 Norm ---- 2/2 HC

FL 25 Norm ---- 7/7 HC

DS 25 Norm ---- 6/8 HC

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Bazos / Ret Paladin

- Race & why did you choose it: Currently right know I am a draenei and I choosed this over Human/Dwarf as I get the extra 1% hit with the buff and can push out more mastery in reforging as well...If I get accepted into the guild I will be a blood elf

- Link to Battle.net Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/baelgun/Bazos/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? What Ruckus....the one in my pants ><

- Professions and why did you choose them: I choosed Enchanting and Engineering and I went with these professions as I get the extra Ring enchants and with Engineering I get the Nitro boots for faster moving speed if I am ever in danger of something to get out of there in a hurry and also the tinker on the hands as well for the extra strength bonus every minute

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My main spec is Ret and my offspec is Holy. I play holy the odd time when it is needed for a healer filler in raids and am comfortable with the spec as well... I have never tanked in the years I have been playing WoW

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My main spec gear I go for the obvious stats of Strength on it followed by Mastery>Crit>Haste>Expertise>Hit....I try to avoid as much haste as I can as it is not a viable stat to ret paladins anymore when they changed the mastery
For offspec I go with Haste>Spirit>Crit>Mastery on the pieces of the gear

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
For Ret glyphs i choosed to go with
Prime:
Crusader Strike- gives me an additional 5% chance to crit with the spell since it is our most commonly used spell as ret
Templars Verdict - gives me an additional 15% damage conus when I use the ability as it is our main finishing move
Seal of Truth- gives me 10 expertise when the seal is active

Major:
Hammer of Wrath/Holy Wrath- I swap these glyphs out for spine progression and stunning the bloods when needed and the hammer glyph reduces the mana cost as well by 100%
Ascwtic Crusader- reduces the mana cost of crusdaer strike by 30%
Divine Protection- fpr reducking magic damage taken on a lot of fights by 20%

Minor
Sealof truth/kings/might - all them reduce mana cost by 50% good for re buffing on a battle rez or something

Holy Glyphs
Prime
Word of Glory - which gives 10% increased healing when using the spell
Seal of Insight - Healing is increased by 5% when the seal is active
Dvinie Favor - increases the duration by 10 seconds

Major
Divine Plea - gives me an additional 6% mana back when the spell is used
Light of Dawn - increased healing when the spell is used but hits 2 fewer targets as well
Divine Protection - magic damage reduction by 20%

Minor
Insight/Kings/Might - all them reduce mana cost by 50% good for re buffing on a battle rez or something

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? My normal Rotation for Ret is CS - Judgement - CS - Apply Inquisition - continue on with normal rotation and using Holy Wrath/Concecration/Exorcism when art of war procs as a filler - this rotation is excluding the Engineer hand Tinker/Wings/Zealotry and on use trinkets as well -- When I am looking for the maxium busrt on a boss fight I will use guardian at the start of the fight followed by CS-Judgement-CS-Wings/Zealotry/On Use Trinket and get the maxium burst out of that and using the Hand Tinker off cooldown as well

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I havny been focusing a lot of arenas this expansion as I am more focused on the raiding aspect of the game but the highest rating I have gotten to was 1900 in 2v2 and that was back in WOTLK

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Majestas on Ravenholdt was first guild back in WOTLK - I left the guild early in ICC as we were not progressing very well in Hardmodes. Still am friends with people that were in the guild as well

Ambition/Call of Dusk on Area 52 - the guild merged near the end of ICC and with them I cleared out ICC on 10 man heroic as well as Halion 25 HC... guild was very crappy when Cataclysm launched and were doing terrible on HC progression as well as farm bosses on the last raid night of the week as well

Bad on Dragonmaw - Cleared out the Cata content and went 13/13 HC with the guild and the guild decided to quit raiding 25mans when Star wars was coming out mid way threw FL- I did end up going 6/8 Pre nerf with the guild as well

Current Guild Crisp on Baelgun - killed H rag when they nerfed him big time which really sucked as I wanted to get a kill when it was harder- Currently 6/8 HC in DS and am looking for a new guild as some people have no clue what they are doing on Spine progress when we get to the 3rd plate.. Like people not breaking out grips at the right time or people think its cool to AOE bloods and blow up the raid as well

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://tinypic.com/r/ra2jxz/5
Basic mods as well
Big Wigs
Omen
Power Auras

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1w0b3rz7bn0wbegm/ (02/14/2012)
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ulieteqv4f8777kr/ (02/15/2012)
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b221xw0ov4zijaej/ (02/07/2012)
Some recent Spine attempts
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-smvrkhqpoidx4xr9/
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-elppn95qrtzqnnv8/

- Alts & their name/level:
Bazzyjr lvl 85 Resto Shaman
Bazlos lvl 85 Warlock
Bazzyqt lvl 85 Feral DPS
Critzos lvl 85 Mage
Bazzos lvl 85 Shadow Priest
Badzos lvl 85 Huner

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
msn [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I was looking threw wowprogress.com and was looking for guilds that were recruiting Ret Paladins and I saw your guys guild was there and there is nothing I know about the guild either

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Simple Math has great raiding times for me and I like to do weekly alt runs as well. I feel my self to be a excelent raider and have what it takes to become number one. I am always raid ready and be focused day in and day out wether it being on a main or even an alt for that fact. Obviously mains come first over alts. I am very active outside of raiding as well as I like to farm old achievements and help out guild members as well

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I am using a HP pavillion PC and am trying to get a new computer as well so I can start streaming
Computer Specs: Intel Core2 Quad CPU
2.40GHz
NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card
4GB Ram

Typical FPS during a raid is on avg above 20 FPS

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
this is canadian internet we are talking about...the internet is ok and i rarely dc in raids as well

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

best drawing in my life IMO.

Velathiana
User

Re: Bazos - Retribution Paladin

Postby Velathiana » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 am

Ohhey a Ret!

Crusader Strike- gives me an additional 5% chance to crit with the spell since it is our most commonly used spell as ret

EJ and all the other guides I've seen place Glyph of Exo above Glyph of CS. Did you have a specific reason behind using it?

I notice you're using a Gurthalak. How do you feel it compares to Heroic Slicer/Heroic Atraxis?

My normal Rotation for Ret is CS - Judgement - CS - Apply Inquisition - continue on with normal rotation and using Holy Wrath/Concecration/Exorcism when art of war procs as a filler - this rotation is excluding the Engineer hand Tinker/Wings/Zealotry and on use trinkets as well -- When I am looking for the maxium busrt on a boss fight I will use guardian at the start of the fight followed by CS-Judgement-CS-Wings/Zealotry/On Use Trinket and get the maxium burst out of that and using the Hand Tinker off cooldown as well

In your rotation you only list one filler between CS. Do you find it to be a bigger dps boost than two?

As I'm sure you know, Ret doesn't use a "rotation", but a priority list. How do you prioritize your abilities? I notice you don't list Hammer of Wrath anywhere, do you leave it out of your rotation?

This may seem like a silly question, but I notice that your rotation for "maximum burst" doesn't include a pre-pot. Do you pre-pot/doublepot on progression content? How about farm content?

In your opinion, are there any fights in DS that require a slight change in our priority list? If so, which ones and for what reason(s)?

How do you manage your cooldowns for tendon burst on Heroic Spine? Does the lockout between your Apparatus/Skull/Tinker affect how/when you use them?

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
this is canadian internet we are talking about...the internet is ok and i rarely dc in raids as well

Do run anything in game that helps you cope with your connection (Leatrix, etc)?

I know a couple of people who used to be in Bad, I'll chat with them when time permits to try and get a better idea about who you are/how you raid//etc.

I like your app overall, you have good knowledge of how to play Ret. I eagerly await your responses :)

"It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die."

Bazos
User

Postby Bazos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 am

I have been switching out of exo/cs glyph from time to time and used the exo glyph during progression on the first few boss fights in DS. I do feel I have been performing well with the CS glyph over exo glyph on most fights

I currently mostly use Heroic Slicer on alot of the fights and switch in and out between gurth...sonce the nerf for ret pallies and gurth I have used Heroic Slicer on a lot of the fights... Dont have Heroic Ataraxis as I feel it is not better then Slicer/Gurth...Haste is not a viable stat to be used as a ret pally but can aalways still reforge out of it as well...Not many have dropped in our raids so i dont get a cahance to try it out and see what it is like

recently the CLCret shows using Holy Wrath right after judgement which I will use if there is no hero/lust up at the time at the start of a fight...Mostly on a fight I will get a cs judge cs off without a 1 second delay between them if I do get lucky and get a Exo proc I will use that...I do find it being a little big better of a dps use as well

Priority lists I follow are
Hammer>Exorcism>TV(3 Holy Power)>Crusader Strike>Judgement>Holy Wrath>Consecrate
No I dont leave hammer out of my rotation I just totally forgot to add that in there when Wings is active and when boss is below 20% health

I do pre pot every fight in DS the only fight I feel isnt useful for pre potting on is Spine of Deathwing as your only killing Corruptions when you first fall down onto the spine... I do pot later on in the fight usually on the second plate 1st pop up

I havnt really noticed much of a change in the priority on a lot of the fights in DS at this time...The only that may factor into that is Yorshaj with the Black phases where Divine storm/Consecrate goes over CS/Holy Wrath

My cooldowns on tendon pop ups for spine is I always use my wings/zealotry/apparatus all together right before the amal is about to die and start spamming my /tar Burning Tendon macro so when it does become targetable I can ppush a lot more damage onto the tendons... after wings/zealotry/apparatus fall off I use the Engineer Tinker to push a little more damage out as well... I will save Rotting Skull for the second pop up and have the tinker up as well for that final pop up on the plates

I do run Leatrix Latency addon during raids which has helped out a lot once I found out about the addon as well

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 am

WHY BELF, JUST WHY!

On a serious note, your connection speed gets a grade D. Are you worried about connection issues at all? You say you dont often DC? Its understandable to DC once in a blue moon, but there are differences between DC'ing once a month and DC'ing several times a week. Having someone constantly DC is quite irratating.

Bazos
User

Postby Bazos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:32 pm

The connection my say D but even on intensive fights like Ultraxion with the constant AOE pulsing I have never dcd on that fight...I may DC or get a crit error but that rarely happens multiple times in 1 month maybe once these past 2 months I have gotten a crit error and thats been all ive getting

and I prefer blood elf over tauren imo....taurens just dont fit threw doors very well and Belfs look sexier as well ><

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Bazos wrote:The connection my say D but even on intensive fights like Ultraxion with the constant AOE pulsing I have never dcd on that fight...I may DC or get a crit error but that rarely happens multiple times in 1 month maybe once these past 2 months I have gotten a crit error and thats been all ive getting

and I prefer blood elf over tauren imo....taurens just dont fit threw doors very well and Belfs look sexier as well ><

Sounds good in regards to your poor connection grade.

For choosing Belf, I was hoping that maybe it would be the utility that it would bring to your MS (extra interrupt) as well as your OS (free mana), since Arcance Torrent is one of the best healer racials, not just that Belf's are sexy.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 pm

regarding his connection, what matters is latency and stability, which we can't test here. it's fine.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Bazos
User

Postby Bazos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

its been a while since ive actually played horde I totally forgot about the Arcane Torrent as our extra interrupt as well as some mana every 2 minutes when healing

Velathiana
User

Postby Velathiana » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 pm

I have been switching out of exo/cs glyph from time to time and used the exo glyph during progression on the first few boss fights in DS. I do feel I have been performing well with the CS glyph over exo glyph on most fights

I remember talking to a couple of Rets (Exemplar and Butosai, specifically) before DS came out about how weapon scaling might allow the CS glyph to pull ahead, but that's definitely not the case as it is. I tried both at the start of this tier and found Exo on the whole to be more beneficial. I like how you're trying both though, shows initiative and willingness to try new things.

I currently mostly use Heroic Slicer on alot of the fights and switch in and out between gurth...sonce the nerf for ret pallies and gurth I have used Heroic Slicer on a lot of the fights... Dont have Heroic Ataraxis as I feel it is not better then Slicer/Gurth...Haste is not a viable stat to be used as a ret pally but can aalways still reforge out of it as well...Not many have dropped in our raids so i dont get a cahance to try it out and see what it is like

Word. H Slicer pulls ahead of Normal Gurth about ~75% of the time, but that's entirely dependent on tentacle procs (since Gurth has no ICD). I find myself switching between HSlicer and NGurth as well, just to see if RNG will give me a shit ton of procs.

recently the CLCret shows using Holy Wrath right after judgement which I will use if there is no hero/lust up at the time at the start of a fight...Mostly on a fight I will get a cs judge cs off without a 1 second delay between them if I do get lucky and get a Exo proc I will use that...I do find it being a little big better of a dps use as well

I agree with only using one filler if (and only if) Bloodlust is up.I'd really recommend using two fillers in between CS in every case except the aforementioned. True, you can clip the cooldown on it, but at that point its only by a GCD and gives you a chance to proc AoW, DP, and tentacles (Gurthalak). Every milisecond of uptime is more dps and with how RNG our spec is, we need every bit of damage we can get.

Priority lists I follow are
Hammer>Exorcism>TV(3 Holy Power)>Crusader Strike>Judgement>Holy Wrath>Consecrate
No I dont leave hammer out of my rotation I just totally forgot to add that in there when Wings is active and when boss is below 20% health

I figured, just wanted to be sure.

I havnt really noticed much of a change in the priority on a lot of the fights in DS at this time...The only that may factor into that is Yorshaj with the Black phases where Divine storm/Consecrate goes over CS/Holy Wrath

Sorry, I kind of posed this question the wrong way. Depending on how much static haste we have, it can be a dps gain on Heroic Madness to use CS > Melee Filler > Spell filler when Bloodlust is not up. Looking at your armory, you don't have enough Haste for that to be a dps buff, so no worries there.

My cooldowns on tendon pop ups for spine is I always use my wings/zealotry/apparatus all together right before the amal is about to die and start spamming my /tar Burning Tendon macro so when it does become targetable I can ppush a lot more damage onto the tendons... after wings/zealotry/apparatus fall off I use the Engineer Tinker to push a little more damage out as well... I will save Rotting Skull for the second pop up and have the tinker up as well for that final pop up on the plates

I never had an Apparatus, so I can only imagine how finicky it can be.

Given a choice, would you first replace your Apparatus or Rotting Skull? Which trinket would you switch to (let's say for the purpose of H Spine)?

You didn't put it down, but I figure you pop Guardian sometime on Spine while bursting tendons. Do you pop Guardian on the first half of the first plate with Apparatus/Zeal/Wings or do you wait to use it?

As for general bursting on tendons, I'd recommend pooling 3HP and waiting until the Amalgamation dies to pop Apparatus/Zeal/Wings. If you do it correctly, you can pop all three right before the tendons are targetable and have even more uptime on your cds. You even have time for a GCD in there to refresh Inquisition without it affecting your Zealotry rotation.(should you need to rebuff it). The only cd I pop somewhat pre-emptively is Guardian, and that's only so I can build up stacks asap.

its been a while since ive actually played horde I totally forgot about the Arcane Torrent as our extra interrupt as well as some mana every 2 minutes when healing

Eh, it's only better to be Tauren by an extremely small amount, so if you wanna be a Belf, go for it!

Lastly, do you use the Prot T11 Guardian trick (where applicable)? It's not as big of a deal in DS because you usually have to save your Guardian for specific points during the fights (only exception off the top of my head is Ultraxion). I was looking over your Tyranny app and saw that was brought up, just wanted to know your thoughts on it now that you know about it.

Edit: Happy upcoming birthday!

Bazos
User

Postby Bazos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Ya apparatus is stuipd at sometimes during a encounter i can get to 4 stacks and not get a single crit to get to that 5 stacks and the buff falls off

I would replace apparatus over the rotting skull with either Bone Link Fetish which I have never seen drop once only in LFR and either Creche which I only seen once as well...Probably for H spine I would go with Rotting Skull and Creche

Yes I do pop guardian on Spine usually on the 2nd plate first pop up...Current guild im in for some reason uses hero/lust on the first tendon which I dont know why So its not really benifical on there...I pop guardian when the Amal is around 5% health and getting ready to eat up the bloods so I can gain stacks and get to my 3 HP and when the Amal blows up is when I use wings/zealotry/apparatus

never used the prot T11 4 piece guardian trick...I have never tanked in all the years I have been playing wow just healing/dpsing and never really farmed the prot pieces as well and I pretty much gave up on tyranny as well

Velathiana
User

Postby Velathiana » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:56 pm

I would replace apparatus over the rotting skull with either Bone Link Fetish which I have never seen drop once only in LFR and either Creche which I only seen once as well...Probably for H spine I would go with Rotting Skull and Creche

Bone Link Fetish is an amazing trinket, but its iffy on Spine because it procs quite a bit, meaning you might be killing too many bloods too quickly or worse, inevitably pull some off your tank in the final phase. The issue again with Creche is that you can't control the proc, so can't be sure if it'll be up for tendon burn :/

Eye of Unmaking is seriously awesome if you can get your hand on it, 880 str and it builds stacks very quickly. You can easily keep up the 10 stacks by the time you need to switch to tendon, which is a nice boost.

Yes I do pop guardian on Spine usually on the 2nd plate first pop up...Current guild im in for some reason uses hero/lust on the first tendon which I dont know why So its not really benifical on there...I pop guardian when the Amal is around 5% health and getting ready to eat up the bloods so I can gain stacks and get to my 3 HP and when the Amal blows up is when I use wings/zealotry/apparatus

Ohhh, I see. That's unfortunate because if you pop Guardian at the start then it would be up again for 3rd plate but yeah, if your guild is lusting on the second plate then you dont have much of a choice.

I'm sure I'll have a question or two more for you later, just about to head out now and I can't think of anything else to really add. If you have any questions yourself, feel free to post em in your app and we'll try to get an answer to ya

Bazos
User

Postby Bazos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:02 pm

I do have the stacking strength trinket and I use it for every other fight in the instance except for spine heroic I just never logged off last night with my primary trinkets I do use

Bazos
User

Postby Bazos » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 am

here is some more spine attempts plus the kill in there as well

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-syt2ddps3dxfw6zw/

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:22 am

I think this is a really good app, that being said, we finished our raid week kind of early this week. Give us a day or two to talk it over and we'll get you on vent soon.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Bazos
User

Postby Bazos » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:41 am

Ya I saw that from you recent logs and if everything does go well my raid ID will be reset as well from going alliance to horde...that doesn't bother me at all just some extra valor points I don't really need

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”