Iwuvkittens - Holy|Disc Priest.

Even Baddier Baddies
Sunrype
User

Iwuvkittens - Holy|Disc Priest.

Postby Sunrype » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20 | Canada
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Anywhere from 4 to stupid hours of the night.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Sometimes
-- Saturday (optional): Sometimes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? No, never been hacked so I've never really got around to it, though it probably wouldn't hurt to get one.
- How long have you played WoW: 4 Years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
TBC:
Kara: Cleared
Gruul's Lair: Cleared
Mags: Cleared
Tempest Keep: 3/4
SSC: 5/6
BT: 3/a lot.
Mt. Hyjal: 1/5
Sunwell: Some great trash wipes
World boss: The one outside of black temple... I can't recall the name.
Wrath of the Lich King:
Naxx: 10 - Full clear with Undying
Naxx: 25 - Full clear and an extremely close Immortal.
EoE : 10+25 - Full clear with a poke in the eye in 10 I believe.
Sarth : 10+25 - Full clear with 2 drakes up before nerf.
Ulduar : 10+25 - Hardly managed to kill Yogg, I think we actually killed him the night before ToC came out on normal, needless to say I did not kill any hardmodes.
TotC: 10+25 Full clears of both, easy stuff
TotGC: 10+25 4/5 on both 10 and 25.
ICC: 10+25 Full clears on heroic modes plus drakes. Heroic LK 25 was the first fight that I actually got to be in on that took more than 100 attempts, we wiped for months after months before w
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Iwuvkittens, Priest
- Race & why did you choose it: Currently Dwarf, no specific reason would be blood elf if I were horde.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... s/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus?
- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering and Jewel Crafting, I took jewel crafting back when it was the best profession and engineering for the int boost with shadow fiend.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I switch specs constantly from Holy to Disc, I can play both well but have a preference for holy.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My gear the same for both disc and holy besides a trinket swap, I try to sit at around 12% outside of raid buffs.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Flash Heal, Prayer of Healing, and Guardian Spirit as Holy, I swap in renew once in a while for constant tank healing fights.
Power Word: Shield, Prayer of Healing, Power Word: Barrier for Disc, I swap in Penance for some fights.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
As holy I keep Prayer of Mending out at all times the raid is taking damage, Holy Word: Sanctuary while the raid is clumped up together, Circle of Healing when 5 or more people have lost any health at all but using it in a priority under keeping the tank up. PoH while there's constant raid damage and just roll it between groups to get the glyph effect out.
As disc I Power Word: Shield on tanks to keep rapture up, while using the haste proc between reapplying it on people taking damage, using it to "preemptively" to minimize damage to the raid the most mana efficient way. Raid healing is the same with the exception of throwing up PW:S to keep up Rapture and borrowed time procs for PoH.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
Never really done a lot of arena, I think I've been to 1950 in 3s.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Suramar | Who Is John Galt| Raider. Raided here in WotLK, killed H LK with them pre 4.0 and after 4.0 left at the end of wrath to find a better progressed guild.

Greymane | Phoenix | Raider. Joined shortly before the guild had stopped raiding, full clearing normal modes and getting top 50 US kills on some.

Malfurion | Disenchanted | Raider. This was the most fun I'd had in this game at any point raiding, it was a tight knit 10 man where everyone knew eachother well and no one was afraid to call someone out when they fucked up, we had an amazing time raiding and killing bosses seemed like it just flew by, but all good things come to an end and two of the officers had a lot of disagreements over a short period of time and the guild quickly fell apart from there, I still keep in touch with some of them just because of how much fun the old days were.

Apathy | Turalyon | Raider. I currently raid on both my priest and my warrior (Sunrype) I raid Tuesday - Wednesday - Monday on my priest and Friday - Saturday on my warrior. The group I currently run with on my priest is falling apart, people are quitting for star wars even though I don't fully understand why you would need to quit WoW to play a game with hardly any endgame and PvP that is as fluid as playing WoW on an etchy sketch but whatever, people are quitting and I'm not ready to stop raiding on my priest.
Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i.imgur.com/f76u2.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zewzhurthc65ckef/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-66ibnak8cp2y5o4k/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-miqp0rkjxs8d6esu/
(I was in for Madness and Spine on the last log, tanked on my warrior for the first 6.)
- Alts & their name/level:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Found the guild recruitment post on the WoW recruitment forums, I do not know anyone currently.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I'm looking for a competitive raiding guild that raids enough to stay progressed while having enough time to do things in real life. I know it might not look like it based on my armory, you probably think "why take someone that hasn't even killed a hardmode this content patch?" Given the chance I can perform well and mesh in with the raid, I'm always learning more about my class and the game, from better times to use CDs to a better more effective HPS rotation. By accepting me for a trail you'll be giving me the chance to prove that I can play at a top 50 US level and perform well while doing it.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
GeForce GTX 570, 8 GB of ram. My frames usually sit at 45~ at graphic intense moments.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1695321400.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i.imgur.com/J7BPa.png

Minty
User

Re: Iwuvkittens - Holy|Disc Priest.

Postby Minty » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:16 am

Which character did you raid with in the guild <Who Is John Galt>?

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:46 am

I approve of your name
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

Sunrype
User

Postby Sunrype » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:39 am

I played a feral druid, Deceived here the armory.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... r/advanced
I played from the start of ICC into early Cata.

Psychotron
User

Postby Psychotron » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Iwuvkittens
- Number of Testicles: 2

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Sunrype wrote:I played a feral druid, Deceived here the armory.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... r/advanced
I played from the start of ICC into early Cata.

Suramar | Who Is John Galt| Raider. Raided here in WotLK, killed H LK with them pre 4.0 and after 4.0 left at the end of wrath to find a better progressed guild.

I don't want to be that nit picky guy and I'm just a raider, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but it says you didn't down lk until 10/28/10 which is after patch 4.0. Also no one in the guild <Who Is John Galt> really fits your description unless you are referring to Tamaopanda who joined after they got the light of dawn kill. Also it shows that the people in <Who Is John Galt> got the kill before your feral druid, perhaps that sat you that day or you just couldn't raid for whatever reason? Like I said, unless told otherwise take what I said with a grain of salt, wowprogress or the wow website could be wrong and maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I'm a fan of consistency.

Sunrype
User

Postby Sunrype » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:43 pm

The night of the first kill my OS crashed, I was DLing WoW and in vent when they killed it, it sucked that I wasn't in for the first kill but that's just shitty luck. I played my feral druid with them and my name was Deceived, I'm not sure why you're unable to find it but I was in the guild, on that character I still have a ton of them on real ID and talk to them often. I can go into more detail about other things if something seems out of place or incorrect.

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm

No it's fine, I can't find it on wowprogress, but it doesn't mean you were there, it's not a huge issue, I was just looking for clarification, thank you.

Demise
User

Postby Demise » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Minty wrote:No it's fine, I can't find it on wowprogress, but it doesn't mean you were there, it's not a huge issue, I was just looking for clarification, thank you.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/110118754

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:04 am

Please post screenshot of your ui in a raid; make sure people have varying health and debuffs on some.

I try to sit at around 12% outside of raid buffs.

12% what? The only thing you have around 12 of on your gear is crit. Did you mean crit, if not what did you mean and why is [this other thing] not at 12%? What significance does 12 hold for you?

Even on your holy log renew is only 1.5% (+0.1 !) of your healing. Why do you have 5 points invested in it? What are your reasons for not selecting the various other talents in the holy tree? [sol; sor; b&s]

Explain your choices in your disc spec. (To get you started - explain ToT)

How do you use pi?

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 am

And as a very minor, but unambiguous, nitpick - glyph of shadow[form] may not have been the best choice for your disc spec ...

Sunrype
User

Postby Sunrype » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 am

merk wrote:Please post screenshot of your ui in a raid; make sure people have varying health and debuffs on some.

I try to sit at around 12% outside of raid buffs.

12% what? The only thing you have around 12 of on your gear is crit. Did you mean crit, if not what did you mean and why is [this other thing] not at 12%? What significance does 12 hold for you?

Even on your holy log renew is only 1.5% (+0.1 !) of your healing. Why do you have 5 points invested in it? What are your reasons for not selecting the various other talents in the holy tree? [sol; sor; b&s]

Explain your choices in your disc spec. (To get you started - explain ToT)

How do you use pi?

I try to sit at 12.5% as holy not 12% why, not sure why I put 12 but I try to stay around there to get an extra tic of Divine Hymn.
I switch my holy specs often from a spec with 1|2 B&S; 1|2 SoL; and 1 in SoR. I renew more on some fights then others, ones with high movement fights like if I were to be with a group of people on Zon'ozz to run to the other side and kill those last two tentacles or heroic morchok if I weren't playing disc I'd reoll renew while moving on as many as I could while CoH is on CD.

I healed 10 mans, I did a lot of the tank healing while healing with a resto druid I found myself single target healing rather than just mindlessly AoE spamming. I don't know what other spells that I've picked up would be unique if anything I'd take the 2 points from Veiled Shadows and put them in Darkness, but this spec seems to work right now for me, but then again I've never seen anything past heroic morchok.

As for PI, I ask every night who wants it and I make sure they're actually doing decent, I ask them when they want it (time it with CDs etc) but they just tell me to use it on CD so I do, I know there's a more effective gain from it. As for PI on myself, near the end of madness I use PI on myself to keep up with the damage, along with a couple other fights.

I'll get a picture of my UI sometime tonight in LFR.

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:48 am

12.5 ... haste? Your gear on armory is sitting at 9.96%. 12.5% haste is a significant number, but it's not for an extra tick on Divine Hymn. Divine Hymn being the spell that literally says "Maximum of 20 heals." on it.

I'll fill you in. 12.5% *raid buffed* haste is the number that gets an extra renew tick.

Don't have time for more at the moment.

Sunrype
User

Postby Sunrype » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 am

The old bench mark for an extra renew doesn't really cut it anymore, renew is a weak ability and I don't really know any priests that use it enough to aim for an extra tick, there's no bad amount of haste or good amount of mastery it's all based on how you play and what you're doing.
As a channeled spell, Divine Hymn is treated as a Heal over time, allowing haste to accelerate the rate at which its ticks occur. With sufficient haste, extra ticks are added to a HoT, improving not only its HPS but also its mana efficiency and total amount healed. Divine Hymn should be an exception to this, as its tooltip specifically.
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-94jcj ... 524&e=8889
This is a log of a disc priest on heroic Ultraxion using Divine Hymn once ticking 40 times.
My haste is showing up as 9.96 on the armory but I have 3 points in darkness, making my haste 12.96%

Sunrype
User

Postby Sunrype » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:07 am

I can't edit my post but I'd be reforging into a heavy amount of haste from mastery to get these extra ticks.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”