Zavri, Arcane Mage Application

Postby Zavri » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:

24, Vermont

- Usual Play Times (Server Time):

Pretty much everyday past 7 pm EST

- Number of Testicles:

At the end of the day, hopefully 2 after my wife has her way with them =)

- Can you attend raids on these days:

-- Monday: Sometimes I work till 9-9:30 EST this day
-- Tuesday: Available past 6 pm EST
-- Wednesday: Available past 6 pm EST
-- Thursday: Available past 6 pm EST
-- Friday (optional): Sometimes I work till 9-9:30 EST this day
-- Saturday (optional): Sometimes I work till 9-9:30 EST this day
-- Sunday: Available past 6 pm EST

- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since launch
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): ICC 10/12 HM25, Tier 11: 8/13 HM25 while it was current, Tier 12: 6/7 HM25

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Zavri, Mage
- Race & why did you choose it: I like wizard type characters
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Zavri/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? The definition of ruckus? I'd guess a commotion of sorts?
- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailoring, the best dps boost of a profession for casters, and alchemy for the longer flask timers and it provides the same 80 stat boost as other professions outside of tailoring.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Main spec is Arcane, Offspec is Fire which is only used on alysrazor
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: There really isn't any options this tier for gearing as arcane besides which wand to use, and obviously the valor wand is the best in slot once upgraded.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Mage armor, Arcane Blast, Arcane missles, no other choice for prime glyphs. The only other glyph which provides any sort of dps increase is the one that changes your mirror images to your spec, which for arcane is a small increase. Besides that its just the arcane power glyph allowing you to pop mirror images without a GCD.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? There is no arcane "rotation", Just a burn and a conserve phase while watching procs.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I never actually pvp on this character
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: <Rapture>, the guild is falling apart and will end up as a 10man guild, and i prefer 25man raiding.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i54.tinypic.com/o9l4ix.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k8w0k4wkhgj992m5/sum/damageDone/?s=9539&e=9879
- Alts & their name/level: Not bringing any alts over at this time
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Just email, [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Wowprogress, looking for 4 day raid guilds
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I like to be social ;)
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 60-89 fps raids, core2duo 3.6 ghz, 4 gigs of ram , gtx 460.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. I live in vermont so....yeah. But here you go anyways: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1498677433.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i56.tinypic.com/33jhliu.jpg

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:15 pm

I like this app alot, your parses are very strong for a guild with low raid dps.

What boss mods do you use?
are you comfortable keeping up your ab stacks while doing the dance in heroic rag?
have you experienced that at all(the above question).
Do you have the mastery and on use resist trinket from tol barad?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:38 pm

I like seeing mages with actual dps races

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Wowprogress, looking for 4 day raid guilds

We're a 5 day guild, but we're flexible around work schedules as long as you can make the majority of raids
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

Zavri
User

Postby Zavri » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 pm

I like this app alot, your parses are very strong for a guild with low raid dps.

What boss mods do you use?
are you comfortable keeping up your ab stacks while doing the dance in heroic rag?
have you experienced that at all(the above question).
Do you have the mastery and on use resist trinket from tol barad?

1. Boss mods: DBM and or Bigwigs, whichever is the more accurate boss mod at the time.

2. Once I learn and get down the heroic rag transitions I am fairly confident I can keep up my AB stacks on heroic rag, because how else am I gonna do "Dem Deeps Son!"

3. I'v only pulled heroic rag about 4-5 times or so, Getting to the seed phase at the farthest.

4. I do not have the tol barad trinket, I stayed away from PVP in this expansion, I just didn't enjoy it. And by the time I learned about the usefulness of that trinker for al'akir and nefarian especially for heroic modes, My guild was just never gonna make it there and I didn't think it would be useful for the next tier.

Zavri
User

Postby Zavri » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:41 pm

Ugh fucked up the quote button, my bad =(

Keoni
User

Postby Keoni » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:55 am

I have some suggestions to help you out and questions. All of these should help you out.

How do you feel about Theralion's Mirror or a Moonwell Chalice? I ask because both sim better than DMC:V for arcane mages. It all comes down to int procs fucking with our mastery for arcane mages. DMC:V is just not a very good trinket for arcane mages considering the ease of access to other trinkets.

Another slight gear issue: You have 4pc T12 with 2pc 378 and 2pc 391. I don't know what gear you've gotten, but you could have replaced those 378 pieces with 391 offset you can get from the easier early bosses. 4pc T12 is only really worth it when you get all the pieces in heroic. You could have gotten the 391 helm from ryolith and the 391 chest from bethilac or some other easy 391 combination. I mention it in case you have some of those pieces saved, because I know here noone wanted them except for mages really, and it would be an immediate upgrade for you. But, again, I don't know what gear you've gotten

What are the relative stat weights for an arcane mage in your opinion? I ask because very little of your gear is reforged to any one stat. I think if you got Rawr, it would really help you in reforging your character if you are worried about doing it wrong.

You may never get a Shard of Woe in this guild. How do you feel about this?

I respect that you have stuck with your guild until they have broken down especially considering they gave you their legendary. How do you feel about sticking with a guild through some of the hardest encounters in this game? Knowing full well that they could take many months to accomplish the sweet taste of victory. I ask because, from what I can tell, you have very little experience with the hardest content in this game, and it can be very grueling sometimes, constantly wiping to what you feel are silly mistakes by others. You must keep your calm and composure and always remember to respect your fellow raider at all times.

You mention that tailoring is the best caster enchant. As I mentioned before, int procs fuck with arcane mage mastery. From my test on your gear, you could get roughly an extra 150dps with jewelcrafting instead of tailoring. Please understand that by no means am I telling you to switch or be denied. I am simply telling you that it isn't the best, but it is a perfectly acceptable profession. Just a simple clarification.

Any problems of wife aggro?

also I am the law.
ImageImage

Zavri
User

Postby Zavri » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 am

How do you feel about Theralion's Mirror or a Moonwell Chalice? I ask because both sim better than DMC:V for arcane mages. It all comes down to int procs fucking with our mastery for arcane mages. DMC:V is just not a very good trinket for arcane mages considering the ease of access to other trinkets.

I'm still working on my MWC, at the beginning of the tier the theorycrafting behind that trinket was that it was going to be slightly behind or on par with DMC Volcano if you had engineering, since you couldn't stack the use effect. And I was planning on going engineering, so I didn't pursue the dailies and I hate dailies with a passion ;D

Another slight gear issue: You have 4pc T12 with 2pc 378 and 2pc 391. I don't know what gear you've gotten, but you could have replaced those 378 pieces with 391 offset you can get from the easier early bosses. 4pc T12 is only really worth it when you get all the pieces in heroic. You could have gotten the 391 helm from ryolith and the 391 chest from bethilac or some other easy 391 combination. I mention it in case you have some of those pieces saved, because I know here noone wanted them except for mages really, and it would be an immediate upgrade for you. But, again, I don't know what gear you've gotten

I know offset 391's is an upgrade over 4pc that is 378. I simply just don't have the gear pieces, and so you know how shitty gear RNG our guild has....our first beth heroic kill dropped 3 tank trinkets. We have had 2 of the 391 helms drop from Rhyolith, I just didn't have the DKP to win one.

What are the relative stat weights for an arcane mage in your opinion? I ask because very little of your gear is reforged to any one stat. I think if you got Rawr, it would really help you in reforging your character if you are worried about doing it wrong.

Stat weights usually are: Int > Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit Haste mastery and crit completely change depending on gear setup, I run Simcraft to see the relative stat weights for my current gear. My reforging is pretty simple actually, I reforge for hit cap or as close as possible by reforging out of crit mainly and If I have too, some haste. Right now I am trying not to destory my haste, I like to keep it around 1500-1580 so I can be somewhat close to the soft cap which is 1748 haste rating. If I had shard of woe I could probably afford to drop down to the 1250-1300 range and stack more mastery, But I can't. Also I have used Rawr and this entire expansion it has been broken as hell, I never use it anymore as I do not trust it. I use simcraft allmost exclusively, I used to use mr. robot in tier 11 for fire and it was spot on, but for arcane it gives weird results.

Basically my reforging goals are this: Get hit cap, Get close to haste soft cap, Stack as much mastery as possible.

How do you feel about sticking with a guild through some of the hardest encounters in this game?

I have wiped on sindragosa heroic [30% buff] for 2 months straight because people can't line of sight behind blocks. I have wiped on NORMAL Ragnaros in 10man for about 110 attempts because people can't kite metoers. I have many more examples, But if i can deal with wiping on stupid easy bosses this much, I believe I'll be fine wiping to a real boss 500 times or more. =)

You mention that tailoring is the best caster enchant. As I mentioned before, int procs fuck with arcane mage mastery. From my test on your gear, you could get roughly an extra 150dps with jewelcrafting instead of tailoring. Please understand that by no means am I telling you to switch or be denied. I am simply telling you that it isn't the best, but it is a perfectly acceptable profession. Just a simple clarification.

Tailoring is the best profession hands down for arcane mages. You may think the proc "fucks" with our mastery, but the int proc combined with our burn phase is simply amazing. The ICD lines up perfectly with power torrent and currently my Volcano trinket as well. Overall tailoring from purely a stat standpoint is still ahead of jewelcrafting by 20 intellect. The only time JC might pull ahead is if you can't take advantage of your procs due to movement, which is probably frequently on heroic ragnaros so I could see your point there. The argument of intellect procs messing with our mastery has been done a million times before and the answer has allways come down to "When is the loss of mastery so great that it outweighs the gain of spellpower and increased regen from mage armor for more free 4 stacked abs?" So I won't get into it with you, But i'll just politely disagree with you =)

Any problems with Wife aggro?

I don't have any aggro issues with her, my only issue with her is when she comes back with my raid sammich without a cold beer.

Zavri
User

Postby Zavri » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:11 am

Forgot to answer a question.

I'd love to have the trinket but It wouldn't make or break joining a guild for me. Next tier it'll probably be replaced anyways, as right now it is only slightly ahead of the buffed 384 VLPC.[/b]

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:58 pm

I threw your gear into a basic reforging tool to see if i could optimize it. What i came out with was maintaining hit cap, gaining a few hundred mastery rating, losing a few hundred crit and reaching your 1580 hit goal that you set in your most recent post. I really think you could be doing more to min max your character in the regards of reforging. Again this is all with the basic idea that after you reach hit cap haste to your number > mastery > crit > haste over your number.

Current reforging

916 Crit
1539 Haste
1764 Mastery
1742 Hit

With the reforging I got through an optimizer

638 Crit
1580 Haste
2001 Mastery
1742 Hit

In response to your lightweave comment. There's really 2 sides to that. If the proc causes you to lose dps, and the argument is that you gain dps from the proc to offset the loss in dps from mastery then you're really seeing a push in dps. While its not a loss in dps to have lightweave, the question here is what is most optimal.

Other than that, your responses were fine. How far off Moonwell chalice are you at this point?

Zavri
User

Postby Zavri » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 pm

What reforging tool are you using? Just curious.

I just finished the 150 marks turnin, so i'm still abit off and I have a feeling i'll end up getting the heroic mirror before then lol.

Zavri
User

Postby Zavri » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Nvm, found out about wowreforge.com I just used that to tweak some reforging. Pretty neat site.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 pm

i used reforgemaster, through in the values i thought you'd want, game them weights of 1-4 and hit optimize

Raistin
User

Postby Raistin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:09 am

Since when are you guys recruiting mages?! lol

Tan
User

Postby Tan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:44 am

can never have enough mages!
grouch wrote:what's wrong with sucking a few dicks?

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:56 pm

You able to have a talk with us on vent tonight around 11:45-Midnight?

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”