Rxqueenie-Prot Pally

Even Baddier Baddies
cur1ous
User

Rxqueenie-Prot Pally

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 am

Player information:
- 22yrs and live in Louisiana

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): CST, generally every night after work.

- Number of Testicles: None =/

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday:Yes
-- Wednesday:Yes
-- Thursday:Yes
-- Friday (optional):I'd prefer not to
-- Saturday (optional):I'd prefer not to
-- Sunday:Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? Yes, I have the app on my phone.

- How long have you played WoW: Since wrath.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I am currently 12/12 in cata. In wrath I was 10/12 heroic and 12/12 nomral icc 25m. 11/12 heroic icc and 12/12 normal icc10m. 4/4 in toc and togc. 1/1 Halion 25m. Fully cleared Ulduar on 10 and 25 including algalon. Only did a sprinkling of hard modes. Not my choice, just because of ability of guild as a whole.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Rxqueenie Paladin

- Race & why did you choose it: Human, every man for himself

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... nie/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus?

- Professions and why did you choose them: enchanting and jewel-crafting. (both of which are max'd) I have every cata enchant including intellect, strength, agility to bracer as well as landslide, powertorrent, and windwalk. My jewel-crafting also has agility and strength meta cuts. I chose them for the extra enchants on rings and the better gems, I also make quite a bit of gold with them.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Prot/Prot Pvp. I havent played ret since prior to 4.0 and I have never played holy. And I play prot pvp weekly to get points for pvp gear to disenchant for my weapon enchants.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I go for gear with stam and damage mitigation as well as avoidance. Most of my gemming has to do with stam or mastery. Since mastery increases my block I find this a very useful tool.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: As prime I use Seal of Truth (expertise), Word of Glory (extra self heals), Hammer of the Right (better aoe). For Major I use Focused shield (better threat), Aescitic Crusader (my most hit spell using less mana), Lay on Hands (so I can LOH myself, or even the other tank on chimaeron at 22% so that he can be full health going into the final phase)

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I just recently got into PvP so none worth mentioning.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I tanked everything throughout wrath in the appropriate patch without being over geared. I am currently 12/12. I have been maintank for all 12 fights in cata along with all throughout wrath. I have not been with riot very long. I joined them in january. My guild faction changed to ally right before cata came out and we were top on our server under damage networks. They then decided they had no interest in raiding, 10 or 25 man. My favorite aspect to the game is raiding. This devastated me, so I appd to riot and on my first day of trial helped them down chimaeron and in my first week helped them down ascendants council and chogall. The rate of progression is slow because they tend to take two locks that pull 10k consistently, and take them only because they have been in the guild for so long and are officers. I had problems with them taking older people regardless of the fact they werent on par with anyone else but I kept my mouth shut because its not my place to bring this sort of thing up. I then watched them turn down an applicant who out-dps'd people because a girl in the guild didn't like him who is conveniently one of the coordinators live-in gf. Everything in this guild is based on who you know or are friends with as opposed to skill and I am just not a fan of it.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img843.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsh ... 30031.jpg/

My UI is tuckui elv edit. On the right hand side you see trade/loot. That is minimized at the beginning of a fight to show omen (threat meter). Over on top of my horizontal bars on the right you see 3 names including myself. This is where tanks for the fight are listed. That side bar also includes my food, flasks, mounts, blessing of kings, and my enchanting and jewel-crafting. (both of which are max'd) I have every cata enchant including intellect, strength, agility to bracer as well as landslide, powertorrent, and windwalk. My jewel-crafting also has agility and strength meta cuts. I have bound to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 the following in this order: avenger shield, crusader strike, judgement, shield of the right, holy wrath, hammer of the right, and consecrate. I use wog after i establish initial threat. I make my inital pull by popping divine plea (3x holy power) avenging wrath inquisition hand of reckoning and then i start my rotation. I find this gives me the best snap threat possible for a pally tank. I also have my trinkets and earthen pots on my bar along with health stone and everyman for himself.

I browse websites such as elitist jerks and maintankadin to keep up to date with my class and gemming/enchanting and reforging.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
This is a mass list of our reports: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1278/reports/

- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j ... etails/14/

- Alts & their name/level: Minerva (fury warrior lvl 83)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):skype? verysillyheather

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: No, I do not know anyone in simple math. A friend of mine suggested I post on the guild recruitment and I did. One of your recruiting officers posted that I should check you out and so I did.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I can promise that I will make raid times promptly every night and be ready with flasks food etc. I will also come prepared by watching videos of content I have not seen and reading up strats for them as well. I am not one for guild drama and have no interest in becoming romantic with any guy online. I just want a guild that progresses and puts forth 110% when it comes to raiding and a friendly environment outside of raids. I can handle criticism as long as it is constructive. I cannot stand to listen people call each other dumbass mother fuckers and then have nothing to say on how they can improve or change what they did wrong.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? As far as my computer goes, some have described it as a spaceship crashed in my bedroom. I have never dc'd during a fight. Only time I have internet problems is during hurricanes. (corei7, 465gtx, 8 gigs of ram) 35-60 fps.

- http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a ... 3_1702.jpg

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. This was on my laptop via wifi, and my pc is hardwired to the modem so.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1177737910.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). I fail at ms paint. Especially on Laptop.

http://img121.imageshack.us/i/nefarian.gif/

Videos?

I have the following videos (not shot by me or in my p.o.v. but in our gm's-he is a rogue)

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLKatQImcIU (nefarian)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbuaWvxfDY (chogall)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnA66EH2 ... re=related (chimaeron)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKw-lGV-zxA (ascendants council)

- Yes I have a mic and I use it when its necessary, for instance if you watch the nefarian video, its my job to call out the availability of divine guardian from myself and noila (ms ret...but he went prot to tank onyxia). Trying to time crackles and telling others to use a cd etc. I also use it for calling out pulls. And any other miscellaneous things that need to be called out while tanking.

AND MORE RANDOM INFORMATION THAT I DIDNT KNOW WHERE TO STICK :

I have a bachelors of science in nursing with a minor in math, however I currently work for my father selling liquified petroleum gas from plant to plant.

I joined Gorefiend back in June of 2010 due to friends transferring. They decided shortly after to stop playing wow, and that pretty much left me on a server full of 12yr olds and 45yr old men with their pants on too tight. I am wanting to join for end game content. I know I am not as geared because I have not seen heroics, and I am set to get my helm or shoulder token this week which will enable me to put on my 4pc. (We use epgp so now that everyone ahead of me has theirs, I can get mine) I am a solid tank. I know how to effectively use cooldowns and I am great at calling things out. My spec might need to be changed. It caters to riot who has 1-2 good healers and a lot of mediocre. I only use sotr in the first 30 seconds when building threat is important.The rest of the time I use my holy power for wog. Yes this will be sad for me come next patch when they give it a cd, however I will be able to adjust accordingly.

Thanks for taking the time to review my app. :)

Here is a flow chart that sums up my rotation, as far as maximizing threat. I do swap out sotr for wog though.
- http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5548 ... wchart.jpg

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Do you find you have issues with threat? Why didn't you spec for seals of the pure? In an ideal world with your gear, where would your dodge and parry be at relative to your gear? If you were to join, which race would you choose and why?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

cur1ous
User

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:33 pm

I had issues in wrath with threat from time to time. I think I have great single target threat. However my aoe threat is lackluster at times while others its phenomenal. I know that doesnt sound good a tanks aoe threat being essentially rng, but Paladins, in my opinion arent great at aoe threat at the moment.

In my guild, we have subpar heals. Which leaves me using word of glory, A LOT. I felt the need to stay alive as opposed to build more threat. As I stated, I felt my threat is good (single target) and didnt see any problem with it.

Dodge has been helping along with other buffs thrown on me during chimaeron. We were able to get full of sound and fury because I didnt die until 2-3% left on the boss. I went on a very long and nice dodge streak. Needless to say my guild was pleased.

I am choosing stam/mastery/dodge because its best for paladins, in my opinion and in many other theorycrafters as well. However I do try to keep an even amount or near even amount of dodge and parry. Not always possible though.

I would probably roll belf for their arcane resistance and arcane torrent.

Carbon
User

Postby Carbon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:50 pm

I like your choice of Gear, and it's good to know you know how to reforge properly, just a few questions for you:

Have you obtained or plan to obtain the Mastery-Resist Trinket from Tol Borad?

Why are you using Stamina JC gems instead of Mastery?

There are some fights which only 1 tank is needed, have you thought about getting a ret/Holy offspec to still contribute in those fights? Which of the two would you rather spec?

In regards to your spec, have you considered only putting 1/2 in Grand Crusader and getting a point in reckoning?

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Parry / Mastery is a much better gem choice for some of your sockets as well mastery to gloves out weighs 44 stam.

also geming pure stam isn't really ideal until you surpass around 55% block more mastery = less damage more stam = mana sponge

cur1ous
User

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:04 pm

No I have not obtained that trinket, I wanted the drake first :P. But I believe I could get that trinket within another week or so of tolbarad dailies.

I have always gone for socket-bonus, and have been given shit by guilds when I hadn't. I am not opposed to the idea of it, I would need to research it a little before I make that decision.

My offtank Eija (warrior) and I have been swapping. He will take atramedes and I take valiona/theralion and vice versa. We would sit so that others may come in since we generally have people in group 6,7 and sometimes in 8. Its also nice to have a break. Tanks dont get too much of a break while raiding. With heals there are generally 6 or more and there is a mess of dps so if one of them goes afk during trash no big deal. I definitely wouldnt mind picking up a ret set. I played ret a little during wrath, to enable new tanks trials etc. I have not played since 4.0 but wouldnt mind reading up on it a bit and playing around with it as far as offspecs go. I have never healed. Odd yes. Not even in pvp. I also have 10 valnyr shards and have never healed. Even worse.

I used to have points in reckoning. I just switched my spec last night. I stacked hit as a prot pally and i know you are like ummm? They needed me hit capped for interrupts on blast novas because people that were designated kicks during phase 2 had a problem dcing. So my job during p2 was to avengershield first blast nova and rebuke second and hit divine guardian when it was time. I definitely could see having a point in reckoning. But I rather like having 2/2 in grand crusader. I would almost rather take a point out of the ret tree, for instance, pursuit of justice over taking grand crusader.

cur1ous
User

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 pm

I guess I could throw in Fractured Chimera's Eye in my yellow sockets on my chest now that I look more into it.

cur1ous
User

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Its something I'll look into (parry/mastery). I am not doubting you. I just rather look into myself before making decision. And I can agree on the mastery to gloves part. Raidleader had that heavy leather armory in bag and said to throw it on, so I honestly just did it and forgot about it. I can definitely fix the mastery to gloves and I will look into the parry/mastery gems and get back with you :)

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:08 pm

just looking at your keybinds are u a WASD for movement or a ESDF also are u using a mouse for 1-7 or the keyboard.

cur1ous
User

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes I am along with a little mouse turning when needed. Word of Glory is shft-4 and my vent key is my mouse button 5. I know you are probably thinking why so little keybound. I grew up playing fps games. And I still do. I find I have fast enough reaction time to click when needed. I also have my divine plea, avenging wrath, inquisition, and hand of reckoning bound to g keys on my keyboard.

Everything I have keybound I use the keys for. Things that I don't, i click.

cur1ous
User

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:42 pm

and as a reference, defile...glaciate...i mouse turn to get the hell away and mouse run as well. but for normal boss positioning and etc. I like to think I am rather smooth with my keyboard compared to most.

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 pm

You had me until admitting you click, but you don't NOT have me either.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm

hey whered the good parts go, dang it.

and playing an offspec as a tank is pretty important, our tanks are pretty lovely and generally are around unless you're CARBON then you're too busy doing this school nonsense. and if a healer or dps are missing a raid its nice to have tanks who can do things like dps and healing well. saying you've never healed and don't know ret is quite disheartening.

Enjun
User

Postby Enjun » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm

besides clicking another thing i dont like is that you turn w/ your mouse then run... while it might be better then keyboarding the strafe buttons exist for a reason.

cur1ous
User

Postby cur1ous » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:30 pm

My guild uses epgp, while its fine and all, I joined in january which means the gear they game me for ms, gave me low pr etc. I have received one piece of ret gear as os. They generally attempt to have me tank everything and let our warrior go fury since he is tired of tanking.

Yes i alternate between strafing asdf and mouse turning. I cant tell you what I do when because most of the times I just move and get what needs to be done done. I am not saying that changing that wouldnt up my game. I am just saying that it has worked well for me so far. If these things are too much for you to handle then I guess I understand *sniff sniff*.

No I tease. I understand you expect a certain level from people in your guild and I can appreciate that. However if I am not what you are looking for, I appreciate you taking the time to look at my app. :)

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”