ORC Warlock pve demo / pvp afflic

Even Baddier Baddies
Soldursoul
User

ORC Warlock pve demo / pvp afflic

Postby Soldursoul » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 28 San Diego Califonia

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): took this quarter off from school dont go back till march so usually on from bout 2 server to 3-4am server just chillin since i had a foot surgery not to long ago. Im also military reserve did my first 4 years active duty marine corps 2 deployments, have been in the army national guard the last 5 years with 1 deployment and if all goes right i will be medically retired later this year

- Number of Testicles: 2 last I checked....yep still got em both

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: 99% of the time yes really depends on my drill
-- Friday (optional): 99% of the time yes really depends on my drill or unless i go out
-- Saturday (optional): 99% of the time yes really depends on my drill or unless i go out
-- Sunday: 99% of the time yes really depends on my drill

- Do any others have access to your account? hell no!

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes and because I have almost 1 mil gold!!

- How long have you played WoW: Since jan 07 but had to take a break for almost 2 years to a deployment i did
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): came back to wow right before ICC came out but I am an ach whore and have every uld ach except for he feeds on your tears 25m cause not atainable anymore, dont have heroic anub down did toc as all pugs but i do have 10m dedicated, 12/12 10m heroic icc, 11/12 25m heroic with 2 13% wipes on LK

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Soldursoul demo lock!

- Race & why did you choose it: Pve first Bloodfury, Command. PVP Hardiness

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... l/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? At this time i cannot but can get back if needed

- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailor for lightweave to back with procs A LOT and cheap enchant to pants, also have engineer cause pre cata was the best its still nice with the int to gloves, when rocket boots dont fail, jeeves, mail box, and head piece pre heroic head

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Main spec demo, off spec PVP afflic and i love ganking allies and getting into arean so quite a bit!

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Pre 4.0.6 priority was int>haste>mast now with the patch my priority has changed to int>mastery>haste so i hever reforged eveeything i could to accommodate that

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: prime = incin, immolate, meta, major
Prime:
incin more damage when MC procs and depending on how often MC procs its a great DPS boost

immolate cause on msot fights my immolate does the most damage so why not do more!

meta cause with impending doom talent you hit meta everytime its iff cd 90% of the time so meta 6 more secs of 59% more damage with my current mastery

Major:
Life Tap reduces the GCD of my LT so more DPS!

Shadow Bolt less mana per cast of shadow bolt means less life tapping which means more DPS

Soul Link 25% damage reduction makes the healers happy when im hell firing

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
demo is really a rotation as it is a priority and it goes as follows
CoE if there is no afflic lock
Doom
Corruption
Immolate
HaG on CD
Shadow Bolt until MC procs or until decimate
Incin when MC has proc'd
Soul Fire when in execute and because of current haste back to incin when MC procs during decimate
Shadow Flame when i can stack on the boss
Meta/Blood Fury/Trinket/Demon soul when usable
hellfire for AoE fights

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
none yet but that will change this season!

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Currently in Departed leaving want to raid in a hard core enviroment they dont want to and after 50 wipes for the same reason RL refuses to listen to ideads to help with it, Ten Nerd Points: was a founder in the guild created at the beginning of cata left cause i rfused to buy all thebank tabs with out ppl chipping in and was bitched at for it, Midian: fell apart at the end of wrath so a few of us made TNP

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/64282/

- Alts & their name/level: none that matter atm

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): email = [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Friend of mine in my current guild that will be apping here as well hunter by the name of rumbie says he knows ppl in simple math

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Heard god things about you from my friend and you guys are hard core which is what im looking for

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Built my PC
AMD phenom II 6 core
AMD MOBO so had to go with 16gb of ram
EVGA 480 1.5gb DDR3
I normally do about 60-80 FPS but the patch the other day has lowered it only time i usually ever drop below 60 FPS is 2nd phase cho'gall and maybe halfus

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). Image

Soldursoul
User

Screen shot

Postby Soldursoul » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:34 am

Just realized you cant zoom in on my screen shot here is a direct link

http://tinypic.com/m/e5r669/3

and i play on an east coast server atm usually anywhere between 100-175 MS

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:09 am

Why are you still using Felguard for single target fights? Do you feel these parses are an accurate representation of your dps? What do you feel you can improve on? And do you regularly sim your dps? I don't feel like going all mastery really works out until you start getting 372 gear for demo spec.

Soldursoul
User

Mastery

Postby Soldursoul » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 am

The Felguard the DPS change to the imp is minimal IMO as well as demon soul felgaurd 15% haste + 10% damage done and i have my trink from elementium monstrosity so almost 30% haste every 2 min plus blood fury. and yes I do sim's all the time. I re did my Sim yesterday before I re-gemmed / re-forged and the mastery was a better benefit vs haste I dont disagree with you that it would be better with heroic gear but stats from last week vs stats from tonight i could see the change. WoL wasnt recorded tonight and didnt realize it till it was to late that BoT wasnt parsed. but according to my sims and what i saw on the meters tonight mastery was deff better

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 am

The point is that even though the demon soul from the felguard is better in most cases the mana feed return from the succubus/imp usually a greater dps increase due to less globals spent on lifetap and more on shadowbolt to get impeding doom procs.
Last edited by Velna on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soldursoul
User

Postby Soldursoul » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 am

Talked to Velna in game not ignoring the replies on the forum

Soldursoul
User

Postby Soldursoul » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 pm

After reading the new demo threads while I am at Drill today my reserve weekend and simming it out on my laptop i will be switching to the succubus with the glyph replacing incin for single target fights. will be doing this when i make it home late tonight or tomorrow morning this weekend is going to be hectic

Raelorn
User

Postby Raelorn » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 am

Thursday and Sunday are progression nights for us usually, how often do you think you would miss these days?

Soldursoul
User

Postby Soldursoul » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:01 am

Once a month IF that. Sundays i usually get off early so may be late but wouldnt miss a whole night I could post on the forums r text someone to update info for sundays. and i dont have a thursday drill day for another 4 months thats if im still in and not retired or medically separated by then

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 am

We're not looking for a warlock that only plays demo, each class we recruit, ranged/melee/healer/tank are all expected to be capable of playing whichever spec nets them the most raid benefit. In this particular case, we would expect you to be able to play destro and aff if viable. Can you post any parses of these specs or a talent build with glyphs and rotation?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Soldursoul
User

Postby Soldursoul » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Yes I can when I get home later tonight I'm at work right now posting from my phone. With my current guild I have been raiding strictly demo due to the lack of an ele sham but I do know how to play destro would have to relearn pve afflic it has been a while but would be no problem. Will post spec/glyphs for each when I'm at home on my pc later tonight

Soldursoul
User

Postby Soldursoul » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:04 pm

ok destro spec/glyphs are
http://wowtal.com/#k=eAxYbgT9.aei.warlock.qEnGTV

Rotation for destro is:

Soul burn / soul harvest on pull count down for Improved Soul Fire Which is always up
Immo
Conflag
Doom
Corruption
Shadowflame if in melee range
Demon Soul
Chaos Bolt
Soul Fire with empowered im buff
Shadowburn 20% and below
Incin
Fel Flame to renew immo
infernal for single target and AoE fights

Afflic spec/glyphs are
http://wowtal.com/#k=vwHn2B7G.aei.warlock.qHVSC1

Rotation for afflic is:

Haunt
Agony
Corr
UA
Soul Swap on CD even on single target fights for damage it causes
Shadowflame when in melee range
Demon Soul
Drain Life or Shadow bolt.
Drain Soul 25% and below
Fel Flame to renew UA
infernal for single target and AoE fights

Both of these specs that i gave are single target specs would differ by 1-2 points in each spec for AoE based fights .

I dont have any parses for either spec cause once again have been raiding strictly demo. I know how to play destro quite well would have to re-itemize/gem/reforge to play it I do have the points to get my 4 piece. It has been quite a a while since i played afflic and would have to play it again to get back in the habit of doing it cata style

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:39 am

Check out "error hide" to remove that "this spell is not ready yet" annoying text.
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Soldursoul
User

Postby Soldursoul » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Hmm I did have /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear() in my SB macro but had a space before the / and didnt even notice the erros on the screen till you said something. Thanks

Soldursoul
User

Postby Soldursoul » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 pm

my roommate was downloading shit the other night when i did that speed test he and i have an agreement that when im not raiding he can pretty much do what ever he wants with the internet here is a better speed test which is usually my avg

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”