Odintial, Elemental Shaman

Even Baddier Baddies
Torrential
User

Odintial, Elemental Shaman

Postby Torrential » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:08 am

Yes, this app will look familiar.
viewtopic.php?t=12059

Hello again. I’ve updated the parts that have changed. I didn't make a new MS pain picture because I'm still serious about electrocuting dragons.

Player information:
- Age & Location: 26. I live in a town surrounded by Corn in Illinois. Oh, we have some soy beans too. This is exciting shit here, people.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I can be on from 6:30 until 12:30 most week nights and just about any time on a weekend. I can raid later on weekdays from time to time but it’s not something I’d want to do often. For new progression would be fine.
- Number of Testicles: Two.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: 3 months in the fall of ‘04. Roughly 2 months just after Naxx was released. Played in BC form launch until a couple months after Sunwell was released. Played all of Wrath and have been playing Cata.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla: Everything up to but no including C’thun, but none of it mattered. See below
BC: Up to but not including Brut.
Wrath: Up to countless hours of H-Halion and H-LK attempts but no kills
Cata: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/tur ... .tier11_25 with attempts on Al’akir 25 man

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Odintial, Shaman

- Race & why did you choose it: Orc. Blood Fury is a competitive raid racial and honestly, come on; Orc > *

- Link to Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ial/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus?
I couldn’t the last time I apped and I still can’t. I feel like the ruckus is going to jump me in an alley soon.

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Egineering and Leatherworking. Engineering for the hat, glove tinker, and various other nifty things that are less nifty with the nerf to belt tinkers. I also don’t even have the glove tinker due to the lovely bug with how they’re discovered. Leatherworking because I already had it in wrath and the wrist enchant is pretty much on par with any other profession.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Elemental, Resto off spec. I played all of BC as Elemental and all of Wrath as resto. Being a hybrid class I’d have no issue with healing on certain encounters but I do not want to play main spec Resto. I have not healed anything other than one random pug normal dungeon in cata. I’m confident I could be better than terrible at it but to be great I’d have to play it a lot and that’s not really something I’m interested in.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
Thankfully my gear for Ele can be mostly used for Resto. My gear right now is mostly crafted gear. I passed on 3 or 4 drops to get healers geared first. The shoulders I got because I was the only caster shaman in for that kill. I use a excel spreadsheet with its solver function to determine my reforging. I let it use only my crit in an attempt to hit the hit cap on the nose and if it can’t I let it go ahead and remove spirit in places if it can match the number. It looks odd to reforge away spirit but if it means I don’t end up over the cap and I can turn that spirit into haste or mastery I come out ahead.

If I still can’t hit the mark I give a little leeway to go over cap a few points, and if there’s still no good combination I let it take some mastery.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
For elemental I use Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst because if I didn’t I’d be pretty damn stupid. For the thrid glyph I swap between Fire Ele and FT Weapon pretty often depending on fight. Some fights are good for the Ele and are long enough for two uses, some arren’t. I like to use Flameshock on Valiona and therwhoever just to have a little less annoyance with all the movement that’s typically happening.

For resto the choices are pretty limited so I’m just using the only glyphs that really make sense.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Keeping FS up is priority. Even if LS has stacked to 9 if I’ve got less than 5 seconds on FS I hold the stack until I can get the FS off then wait another 5 seconds. That rarely happens because once LS is to 7 I start looking for the first chance to burn the stack. Unleash weapon sees quite a bit of use as I use it every time its up if I’m moving but it has no place in a stand’n’nuke situation.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
2000 something in Season 1 in 5s, 2111 in season 3 in 5s. Both as elemental. PvP was never a focus.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I was in Delusions of Grandeur on Draka starting just about the time Naxx was released. I had played before but only casual/pvp. DoG was run by some people I knew outside of WoW and my intent was to play in BC so my raiding in vanilla was limited to just being a filler for some AQ40 runs.

When BC launched I leveled a space-cow shaman quickly and became a core raider. While Mag was still a big deal the GM decided to step down and I took over. I was GM through the start of Sunwell when I finally decided to let somebody else try and fix the issues DoG had. I stayed as a raider but after three weeks it was decided to just shut down the guild.

A few weeks before Wrath I sent out a mass-PM to roughly 15 people from DoG's BC core to start up DoG again. We started with about 8-10 people. We had 25 in time to chase just behind the guild that leveled fastest on our server. By the time Ulduar was out we were the clear #1 on the server. We remained #1 until the end of Wrath.

A week before Cata released I joined Fusion, after having been denied here, and have been raiding with them until today when the guild shut down raiding.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/965/ I’ll be in any 25 man log. I think the only thing I’ll clarify is that on Maloriak myself and 2 other ranged were assigned to killing adds which meant mobs I spent much of the fight on were missing debuffs.

- Alts & their name/level:
Gobdin 85 DK, Torrentia 80 Warlock, Torrenta 7something Priest plus various low level alts.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
[email protected] or OdinTGE on AIM. I check the email most of the day but the AIM only while at home.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
WoWprogress, and no, not that I know of.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Honest reason: You’re a high quality guild looking for an ele shaman with a schedule I can raid on.

Honest yet ultimately not as important as schedule/quality reasons: You’re web site is tits. You have MS Paint in your app. You mention a loud and offensive vent environment. To be clear I don’t think I’m loud or offensive but it’s an environment I prefer over some of the more stodgy sounding things I’ve read on ‘About’ pages.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit DDR3

My FPS hovers around 50. It’ll drop for massive AoE like Ony whelps but never to a point where I have any issues. I work in IT so if/when I do have issues with hardware they are fixed quickly.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.netLink the results below.
7MB DSL
I’m posting this from work so I can’t do the speed test now. I’ll update the thread with a speed test when I get home.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
Here’s a helpful chart I made a while back before most of the Cata info was out:

Finally, here’s my rendition of how awesome it would be if I joined Simple Math. Image is complete with me as an orc (with Wolverine claws, naturally) wearing my Orange Iguanas jersey casting lightning bolt at a scared shitless Deathwing (complete with adamantium plates holding his insides in). Also note that in the image I have ‘crazy eye’. That’s just how intense I am when it comes to electrocuting dragon aspects.
Yes Please <--Click
"and then i just wtf pwn with my keys" - Xx
"LEARN TO OPERATE THE FUCKING ELEVATOR BUTTONS, SHITCAMEL!!"-David Wong

Torrential
User

Postby Torrential » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net]Image
Yes Please <--Click

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:21 am

Your dps seems to be pretty good from the parses I've seen and I like that you've made the crafted darkmoon card.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Torrential
User

Postby Torrential » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Ninetales wrote:Your dps seems to be pretty good from the parses I've seen and I like that you've made the crafted darkmoon card.

Well I didn't make it but I did pay 30k for it. One of the non-raiders in Fusion did some serious work over the first few days of Cata and cranked out like 7 various darkmoon cards and I bought one.
Yes Please <--Click

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:45 am

Able to get on vent and have a talk with us Monday night around 1130 - 12 est?

Torrential
User

Postby Torrential » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:22 am

Yes I am
Yes Please <--Click

Torrential
User

Postby Torrential » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:52 pm

I appreciate the time taken to review my app (again) but I'm going to withdraw my application.
Yes Please <--Click

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”