Valeren
User

Valeren, Resto/Elemental Shaman

Postby Valeren » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:30 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 28, Chicago, IL
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): usually when I'm not working
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days: I can raid on any day as long as work doesn't schedule me.
-- Monday:
-- Tuesday:
-- Wednesday:
-- Thursday:
-- Friday (optional):
-- Saturday (optional):
-- Sunday:
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Vanilla (level 60) - full ZG, AQ20, MC, BWL, AQ40 (twins down), 3 bosses naxx
BC (level 70) - full Kara, ZA, Gruul, Mags, SSC (vashj down, just not on shaman), 3/4 TK (Kael 52%), full Hyjal, full BT, full Sunwell.
WotLK (level 80) - full Naxx with some achieves, Uld 10 FC, Uld 25 almost full, ToGC10 (49 attempts), ToGC25 beasts, 11/12 ICC10, 8/12 ICC25 Heroic (with attempts at LDW, Putri, and Sindi).

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Valeren (currently Calliosa)
- Race & why did you choose it: Draenei cuz my retarded friend convinced me to come help his Ally guild...
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Calliosa
- Can you describe the ruckus?
- Professions and why did you choose them: 450 Mining to fund my JC...450 JC to cut gems (JC only gems are nice too)
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Resto main, Elemental off, though i have experience in all specs.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Resto = haste/int/spirit (haste/sp/mp5). Haste is a wonderful thing for casting heals of any variety, int to make sure those numbers stay big enough to keep the tank and rest of the raid alive, and spirit/mp5 to make sure i can continue to do the above mentioned for a hopefully much longer time. Elemental = haste/crit/int. Haste to keep the burst fast and hard, crit to make sure that more damage is coming out, and int is again to keep the numbers large. Haven't worked with enhance in a while, but AP/haste/crit was how i was build prior.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? flame shock, lava burst, lightning bolts galore, lava burst, earth shock.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? raid healing = chain heals all over the place with earth shield on tank and riptides as needed. Tank heals just depends on the burst the tank is healing, ES, riptide, healing wave usually works pretty good with a GHW or surge as needed for big bursts.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): none
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Night Eternal (Alleria), RL friend needed help with his guild, then proceeded to leave the game shortly thereafter. In a couple guilds on Andorhal (IWC as casual, then joined Synergy/Accelerate when i was able to raid more often).

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Basic WoW UI + CTbar for an extra bar...haven't gotten fancy with a UI since i came back to the game last year.
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: No active reports, haven't raided outside of pugs in about 2 months (still remember all the fights though)
- Alts & their name/level: Have at least 1 of each class, only Andorhal toon is Thadradys (80 mage). Also have Saelylda (80 paladin on Whisperwind - prot/ret), Calliosa (80 priest on Whisperwind - shadow/healer), Siannodel (80 Druid on Suramar - Boomkin/Bear), Kurield (80 Rogue on Suramar - Combat), Kurield (80 Warlock on Elune - Destro/Affliction), Skulkrak (44 Warrior on Whisperwind - Arms/Prot), Reddshot (20 Hunter on Suramar - no spec), and Alersilis (63 DK on Velen - no spec).
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): don't really use any of the chat servers, but email is [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Prior Andorhal raider, have done pugs with some of your members, whether they're still members or not I am not sure. Spoke with a couple of your members at Blizzcon and they referred me to apply.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I am interested in seeing the end game content of WotLK before Cataclysm comes out, as well as have a stable raid guild for when it does arrive.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 4 GB ram, Nvidia 7300 GT 512MB video card, usually pull 20+ FPS in 25 man raids.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:02 am

1) No ms paint picture - fail to follow rules
2) only available if work deosnt schedule you, we need people who are reliable and not people who can miss raids at any time
3) Your experience is lacking, although cata is coming, explain your reasoning for joining into a guild with everything on clear while your experience of 1/5 TOGC 25, 11/12 ICC10(assuming 11 hard modes) and 8/12 HM ICC 25.
4) You left a progressing guild to join a friends guilds, what makes us think you wont do it again?
5) You quit the game shortly after, what makes us think you wont burn out and quit the game again?
6) Why is ur gear all 251-264 and no 277(HM ICC loot)?
7) Mining....Useless, mains arent meant to be poor, thats why you have alts, if you cant manage to generate enough gold to support 1 profession, what makes us think you can generate fundings for enchants, gems, glyphs, etc.
8 ) No screen shot of UI, again fail to follow instruction
9) No WWS, no effort put into making one
10) Does not even describe the ruckus......
11) Spoke to velna at blizzcon, instant deny

Not even gonna go into talents/gemmings/enchants/glyphs. This app has no effort put into it. I believe a deny is appropriate for this candidate unless his next posting really stands out, greyknight does not endorse lol

Velna
User

Postby Velna » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:23 am

He actually mostly talked to Amye. I just did my normal we're low on shamans and if you think you have what it takes then app.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:25 am

You need to get some meters of you dpsing, even in a pug setting, if you want this app to go anywhere unfortunately. I feel there are some other issues here as well but that is the biggest one.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:39 am

didn't finish app. mining. bad gear (why didn't you make the craftable boots?). didn't fill out the app.

things are looking grim, buddy.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

blind
User

Postby blind » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 am

cutie from Chicago, I approve

Isen
User

Re: Valeren, Resto/Elemental Shaman

Postby Isen » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:02 am

Valeren wrote:- Can you attend raids on these days: I can raid on any day as long as work doesn't schedule me.
-- Monday:
-- Tuesday:
-- Wednesday:
-- Thursday:
-- Friday (optional):
-- Saturday (optional):
-- Sunday:

- Can you describe the ruckus?
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Basic WoW UI + CTbar for an extra bar...haven't gotten fancy with a UI since i came back to the game last year.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

I didn't realize we had so many optional areas on the app form. And if we question 11/12 apps' reason for wanting in, 8/12 doesn't look good. A complete app probably would've been the first step to impress.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

not interested.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”