Remistus - MM Hunter (Transfer App)

Even Baddier Baddies
remistus
User

Remistus - MM Hunter (Transfer App)

Postby remistus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 23, Dallas TX
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Anytime after 5 PM CST weekdays, anytime weekends.
- Number of Testicles: 3 1/4
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yup
-- Tuesday: Yup
-- Wednesday: Yup
-- Thursday: Yup
-- Friday (optional): Yup
-- Saturday (optional): Yes, but can I please have friends sometimes, they are nice
-- Sunday: Yup
- Do any others have access to your account? Nope, never have and no one else ever will
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, I use one
- How long have you played WoW: January 2006 till now, but not all on this character.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Vanilla (on my mage)
ZG
MC
AQ20
A couple of bosses in BWL

BC (as a warrior and my hunter)
SSC to Vashj, but never killed her.
TK - Loot Reaver, guild kinda fell apart before we did a lot else.
ZA - no bear, sadly.
Kara - Full Clear

Wrath
Naxx10/25
Uld10 - 14/14
Uld25 - 13/14
Uld10HM - All but Firefighter and Yogg0, I think
Uld25HM - Knockx3, Firefighter, Saronite, Pre-nerf Orbituary
ToC10/25
ToGC10 - Insanity
ToGC25 - Insanity
ICC10/25
ICC10H - 11/12
ICC25H - 11/12 (HLK to 50%)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Remistus. Hunter
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll, because they have the highest theoretical DPS yield with bows (277 Zods), but if I ever get H Fal'inrush I'd racechange to Orc.
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Remistus
-Can you describe the ruckus? A lot of loud noise that is either awesome (eg your sexy time) or annoying (eg someone else's sexy time near you). One of many dumb blogs that use pink text. The name of a couple of bands I probably don't like.
- Professions and why did you choose them: JC/BS, min/max hooray. I didn't level BS to 450 because I just wanted the sockets and don't care about the rest of it. If additional bonuses appear in Cata beyond 450 (assuming BS is still the best prof), I'll powerlevel it.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? 7/57/7, 7/54/10. Only when needed, it's a utility spec for HLK for 41 yd range.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: 5% hit (8% with talents), 100% ArP (1315 + ArP Elixir + Mighty Thoughts), other than that going agi and agi/crit in sockets and picking up the highest theoretical yield on femaledwarf.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: KS/Steady/SrS. SrS for the bonus to CS damage, Steady because SS is a huge chunk of my damage breakdown and adds to Piercing Shots, KS because it's a third glyph that I swap in and out depending on the fight (Hawk arguably has higher theoretical yield, but as haste is undervalued on moving fights it's only good for fights like Fester/Rot). I carry a bunch of glyphs with me to swap around as needed.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? SrS if it's not up, RF > KS > CS > AiS > Readiness > SS if not moving, KS > CS > AiS > ArS if I am moving and can't afford to pause to steady. Typically on most fights you'll get two RF/Readiness rotations, so I try to save the second for KS range for higher burst.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? Mend pet. I mash the fuck out of it at all times. I have a mend pet offset.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I don't PvP too terribly much, but I'm not averse to it. I was a senior sergeant on my warrior.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Well, I was the GM of a raiding guild in BC called Downfall, which mostly consisted of my friends and some other people we just picked up. We weren't terribly good, but we managed to progress pretty fast all things considered. Vashj kinda made us fall apart.

Sleep - Nathrezim: Guild I did some Uld HM's with. The RL was a bit of a dramaqueen and constantly whined about how much he missed his friend Taurik who moved to a Top 100 guild. Eventually he wanted to become GM and ousted a bunch of my friends that were officers, and subsequently didn't have a lot of people left I enjoyed playing with. I left pretty shortly thereafter.

Occams Razor - Nathrezim: ToC/ToGC guild. They were a fairly casual guild, but I was promoted to ranged lead and tried to push them into being more hardcore. I was somewhat successful, the guild moved up in server rank from about 7th to 3rd, but I met a lot of resistance from the more casual players (including the raid leader). Eventually I got fed up with trying to build a better guild out of people who didn't want it, so I moved on to...

Intrepid - Darkspear: My ICC guild. I loved this guild and would have stayed here as longer if it had lasted. The RL and the GM decided that they were tired of the game a couple of days ago and decided to call it quits. It snowballed into the other officers leaving, which then caused the guild to collapse. We were pushing HLK to about 50% before we started having major burnout and attendance problems.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2315/jrw2.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jupi ... =535&e=831
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jupi ... 932&e=4373
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jupi ... 220&e=5437
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jupi ... 667&e=5872

I probably have better damage records for some of the other fights in other logs, but I don't have a problem with anyone looking through them if you want to look at some more.

- Alts & their name/level: Gorkek, 74 Fury War, Olethros, 74 Resto Druid, Vedaine, 73 Disc Priest
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): ontheroad417 - AIM
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I was referred here on the recruitment forums by Nehraxus.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Because I am looking for a guild that has fun (and judging by the app format, I can see you do) but also understand when business time is business time. I want a guild that will be long-term, a guild that isn't afraid to die for 8 weeks to kill a difficult boss. I want a guild that will be competitive in world ranking. I want to be in a guild where I can compete and become a better player amongst my peers and rival world guilds. I want to be among other players who theorycraft and strive for higher levels of efficiency like I constantly do. I want to be in a place where I can be criticized and imrove. I believe I can find all of that in Simple Math.

I do not make many mistakes, I always come prepared and early, I always try to make myself better and to contribute more than I did the day before. I take criticism well, and even welcome it. If I do make mistakes, I own up to them and do not repeat them. I know I would be a tremendous asset to Simple Math.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

Intel i7 x980 6-Core @ 3.33 GHz
GeForce GTX470
12 GB of PC1600 RAM
I average 40-60 FPS in 25 mans.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. 6 Mbit DSL (best my apartment complex offers).
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

remistus
User

Postby remistus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:51 pm

On the glyph section, I meant to say that haste is overvalued, sorry.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Solid app.

And I'll just say this now. I hate you. You lucky bastard. Fist time in Tempest Keep and you win the mount?! This game is just not fair. :P

remistus
User

Postby remistus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Nisay wrote:Solid app.

And I'll just say this now. I hate you. You lucky bastard. Fist time in Tempest Keep and you win the mount?! This game is just not fair. :P

Funny story. I actually didn't win it, my gf did. I sweet talked her into giving it to me as long as I got her a puppy. I was gonna get a dog anyway, so win-win for me I guess haha.

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm

remistus wrote:

Funny story. I actually didn't win it, my gf did. I sweet talked her into giving it to me as long as I got her a puppy. I was gonna get a dog anyway, so win-win for me I guess haha.
OH sneaky! Sooooo telling your gf, somehow. . .

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:25 pm

very nice app, would you be able to speak with us on vent thursday night around 12 est?

remistus
User

Postby remistus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Nehraxus wrote:very nice app, would you be able to speak with us on vent thursday night around 12 est?

Sounds good. Talk to you guys then.

PS I'm sure you could find a way to figure out who she is, but I'm hoping you don't because it'd effectively kill my sex life for a few weeks.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Nisay wrote:
remistus wrote:

detective grouch on the case
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

vix
User

Postby vix » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:55 pm

my gf would have my dick in a blender if i took the phoenix from her

lucky

remistus
User

Postby remistus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 pm

grouch wrote:
Nisay wrote:
remistus wrote:[quote="Nisay"]Solid app.

detective grouch on the case[/quote]

son of a bitch.

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Hmmm, usually our hunter apps are pretty good. a dime a dozen lol

Toorup
User

Postby Toorup » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 pm

I miss ebri's story time.
Do you remember a terrible rogue named belais?
Or kiarah?
But anyways what ive heard from my friends on darkspear is this guy knows his shit and has a good attitude. BUT are you willing to do 3v3s?!?! beast cleave go!

Goratha
User

Postby Goratha » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 pm

surprisingly good app!

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:34 pm

App looks good but your dps seems kind of low for the amount of gear you have (could be rng though). Also I hate that tauren hunter you guys have, all that gear and hes a god damn useless tauren.
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

remistus
User

Postby remistus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Toorup wrote:I miss ebri's story time.
Do you remember a terrible rogue named belais?
Or kiarah?
But anyways what ive heard from my friends on darkspear is this guy knows his shit and has a good attitude. BUT are you willing to do 3v3s?!?! beast cleave go!

Are you talking about Ebris? He retired right before I joined, so I didn't know him that well. He was a good guy from what I've heard from him. I don't know the others, I just xferred to Darkspear a few months ago.

As far as PvP goes, I'd be up for it but I've never been on a serious arena team, I'd have to do some research. My arena teams consist of me and other hunter friends trying to annihilate people with raw burst. It didnt go that well. Paladins can fuck off.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”