-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: yes
-- Friday (optional): 80%
-- Saturday (optional): 30%
-- Sunday: yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I run 3 different Firewalls to keep unwanted programs from running.
- How long have you played WoW: 4½ years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): All of WotLK minus one/no light

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Andia (possibly Raffiki due to name availability), Enhancement shaman
- Race & why did you choose it: Draenai, It is the only available race that a shaman can be on the alliance
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... m&cn=Andia
- Can you describe the ruckus? New age jazz meets early 2000 rock. Always wanted to find a band with jazz trumpet.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing: They give me flexibility with my Stats for when my main stat changes and it offers the maximum amount of stats.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Resto, Our first heroic DW "kill" involved me healing up DW
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: As far as my enhancement gear, most of it is simply what would optimize my Dps. I figure this using gains and losses while weighing it with my EP value atm, as well as real world testing. As for my resto set, it is currently any gear i can get my hands on atm.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: (Glyph of Flame Shock/ Glyph of Windfury)
Glyph of Feral Spirit
Glyph of Stormstrike

I change out GoFS and GoWF depending on if my FS will be able to Fully tick down. If they can't, then I use GoWF. Ex. heroic DW, LDW, Boat event or Princes.

(Glyph of Chain Heal/ES)
(Glyph of Healing Wave/Water mastery)
(Glyph of Riptide/LHW)

As of now, I am only a DW healer if needed. So I switch between CH and ES for DW. Depending on what other boss they have me heal, I change accordingly. Ex. For heroic Sindragosa it would be CH, ES, Riptide just to keep heals on a tank when I would have to LoS while still being able to be an effective raid healer.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

1) Maelstrom Weapon x 5 stacks - Chain Lighting (Some bosses)/ Lightning Bolt
2) Flame Shock
3) Stormstrike if debuff not active
4) Lightning Shield if not active
5) Fire Elemental
6) Magma Totem if not active
7) Spirit Wolves
8) Shamanistic Rage
9) Earthshock
10) Stormstrike
11) Lava Lash
12) Fire Nova
13) Magma Totem
14) Lightning Shield

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Knight/none
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Myriad: most members were immature assholes as well as crap players. Guild ran with 3 Enh shamans so i decided to go somewhere a little less crowded.

Vanquish: Due to a greediness of the current officers, our core has disappeared only to be replaced with Crap players. (Ret pallies doing more healing then Resto druids) I don't play this game to carry people

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nich ... 974&e=5198
- Alts & their name/level: Ameliane 80 pally (Currently acquiring a shadowmourne)/ Darkenergy 80 Dk
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Shadyninja (he had a name change)
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Im just tired of people in my guild constantly fucking up over and over again on the same shit. I got hit once on an attempt of LDW the first time on heroic. I apologized to the raid and said, "I'm sorry everyone one that I got hit, It will never happen agian" And I never did. But of course there are 3-5 people who are getting multiple hits per attempt. Thats not me. If I fuck up, It is only once.

1. Research: I have scoured the net for any information regarding my class as possible as well as doing my own theory crafting and simulations to pick the best spec, glyph, rotation, macros, positioning for each boss to maximize dps.

2. Gear: If there is some piece of gear that is available to me from gold, instancing, rep, etc. I am the first to get it. I will literally sit for 8-9 hours a day grinding for one piece of gear for the sole purpose of being able to top charts and not hold back my raid.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Phentom II 3.1ghz Quad core, 8gb, Geforce GTX 260, ~ 45fps
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional. Image[/img]

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Mon May 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Wrong UI

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Mon May 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Also just downloaded an authenticator for the itouch

Toorup
User

Postby Toorup » Tue May 18, 2010 8:54 am

Hai Andia, just as a note i am only a trial myself and you dont have to answer any of these questions. Or you could answer just 1-2 its just things i was wondering.

Overall seems like a solid app but i have a few major questions. (Please answer in detail)

A) You are currently a Draenai if you faction change what class do you plan on rolling and why?

B) Though Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing are some of our best professions and make a solid combo Engineering is almost twice the dps gain of either. If what you say is true about farming up and getting gear is true would you be willing to change one of your proffesions to Engineering?

C)
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: As far as my enhancement gear, most of it is simply what would optimize my Dps. I figure this using gains and losses while weighing it with my EP value atm, as well as real world testing.

Enhance shamans are a very difficult class to gear perfectly at this last tier due to the increasing amounts of haste available to us with current itemization. Can you please go a little more in debth on why you chose your stats and the amounts that you have of each for your crit/hit ratio and also maximizing dps by knowing what haste will optimize dps from Windfurry and the corrolation of haste and its icd.

D)

2) Flame Shock
5) Fire Elemental
7) Spirit Wolves
8) Shamanistic Rage
9) Earthshock
10) Stormstrike
11) Lava Lash
12) Fire Nova
13) Magma Totem
14) Lightning Shield

This is in fact the best priority for most situations but is not 100% fact nothing beats player intuition in some situations where you have to make a desicion on if something is a better ability to use. can you please go in to what your reaction would be in a situation where 2 adds or more are involved and also maybe go into a situation of your own devise where you would chang your priorities based on that situation.

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 am

Overall seems like a solid app but i have a few major questions. (Please answer in detail)

A) You are currently a Draenai if you faction change what class do you plan on rolling and why?

I plan to become an Orc which right now is the best class for Enh due to a static 10 expertise, an AP CD (not sure on amount) as well as improve dmg done by pets (magma totem, Fire elemental totem, spirit wolves)

B) Though Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing are some of our best professions and make a solid combo Engineering is almost twice the dps gain of either. If what you say is true about farming up and getting gear is true would you be willing to change one of your professions to Engineering?

Yes

Enhance shamans are a very difficult class to gear perfectly at this last tier due to the increasing amounts of haste available to us with current itemization. Can you please go a little more in depth on why you chose your stats and the amounts that you have of each for your crit/hit ratio and also maximizing dps by knowing what haste will optimize dps from Windfury and the correlation of haste and its icd.

Actually, haste for T10 is meant to trigger the 4pc more often rather then for the Windfury procs and its ICD (although it does do that). ATM since I am a draenai, I have a static + 1% to hit allowing me to gem for expertise rather then gemming for hit and gearing for EXP due to the fact that I can hit the 142 cap exactly. But if I were to switch I would be switching out expertise gems for hit to compensate for the lack of the buff and to optimize my hit/crit ratio as well as regem for more haste.

And as far as haste being available to us, thats a lie, it's all crit. crit crit crit and more crit. hence why the BiS setup has about 4-6 hit gems in it.

D)

2) Flame Shock
5) Fire Elemental
7) Spirit Wolves
8 ) Shamanistic Rage
9) Earthshock
10) Stormstrike
11) Lava Lash
12) Fire Nova
13) Magma Totem
14) Lightning Shield

This is in fact the best priority for most situations but is not 100% fact nothing beats player intuition in some situations where you have to make a desicion on if something is a better ability to use. can you please go in to what your reaction would be in a situation where 2 adds or more are involved and also maybe go into a situation of your own devise where you would chang your priorities based on that situation.

For a two add fight like Anub, fire nova would be ahead of Lava lash. FN actually does more dps then LL but since LL can proc maelstrom overall using LL on a single target would yield a slightly higher overall dps. When a second add comes into play that priority changes simply because it would yield about 185% more dmg then a LL overall. When Anub's adds are dead I revert back to my previously stated rotation, and for the most part it is pretty much static.

Toorup
User

Postby Toorup » Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 am

Man its been a while since ive seen answers that good. VERY nice app.

But my one thing i will say is yes haste is meant to proc the 4pc but having to little or to much can still fluxuate your dps and it is something to watch. Haste is almost always an up in dps but having you weapons at a speed that coinsides with the wf icd is also a boost so being able to work around this and still maintain stats where you want them is always a plus ;]

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 9:41 am

Toorup wrote:Man its been a while since ive seen answers that good. VERY nice app.

But my one thing i will say is yes haste is meant to proc the 4pc but having to little or to much can still fluxuate your dps and it is something to watch. Haste is almost always an up in dps but having you weapons at a speed that coinsides with the wf icd is also a boost so being able to work around this and still maintain stats where you want them is always a plus ;]

Never really thought about that but I will keep that in the back of my head now when I run my tests ty

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 9:55 am

Now when you talk about engineering I suppose your are also talking about saronite bombs?

Toorup
User

Postby Toorup » Tue May 18, 2010 9:59 am

Saronite bombs are nice and the frag belt gives us a form of dps while moving out of ranged and in between shocks and after a lb if mws is stacked. But the biggest thing is you want the haste to gloves. You macro the 1 min cd haste on use with sham rage wich gives 12% more dmg. This calculates to a huge gain in dps over the course of a fight. And is greater than one of the other proffs.

;]

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

Toorup wrote:Saronite bombs are nice and the frag belt gives us a form of dps while moving out of ranged and in between shocks and after a lb if mws is stacked. But the biggest thing is you want the haste to gloves. You macro the 1 min cd haste on use with sham rage wich gives 12% more dmg. This calculates to a huge gain in dps over the course of a fight. And is greater than one of the other proffs.

;]

well naturally

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 1:53 pm

I am eagerly awaiting any other questions or feedback regarding approval.I

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Toorup wrote:Man its been a while since ive seen answers that good. VERY nice app.

Ive Sim'd this out and it is very inconsistent as far as procing goes. if we were auto attacking that's one thing but when you throw in an instant strike, the numbers get funky and change ~ every 2.7 seconds making it impossible to actually be of significant use. since no matter how close we get the weapon speed to 1.0 or 1.5 (both of which are stupid to have due to 1.0 being to small that it would neglect other stats and 1.5 being too slow) there will always be that instant strike.

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Tue May 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Since we are on HM LK on our progression at this time, what would you bring to the table in terms of another melee dps'er to our roster. a DK/warrior does cleaves, etc, we're on Lich King, adds needs to be cleaved and killed. Where would you fit in in that picture? Why should we recruit you over another DK, warrior, rogue, etc.

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Greyknight wrote:Since we are on HM LK on our progression at this time, what would you bring to the table in terms of another melee dps'er to our roster. a DK/warrior does cleaves, etc, we're on Lich King, adds needs to be cleaved and killed. Where would you fit in in that picture? Why should we recruit you over another DK, warrior, rogue, etc.

So just some simple Math as far as cleaves go

(900MTmin + 1700 MTmax)
----------------------------------- = 1300 AvgMTdmg per 2 sec

(2200FNmin + 4400FNmax)
---------------------------------- = 3300 AvgFNdmg per 3 sec

now that i have the dp3/2s we make it dp6s

1300 x 3 = 3900

3300 x 2 = 6600

now add them

3900 + 6600 = 10500 damage every 6 seconds or 1750 dps to all creatures within a 20 yrd radius

That is not taking into account my fire elemental totem which would be popped during P1.

from what I can tell, Dk diseases as well as blood boil would sim out to be

this counts for both diseases

(1200dsmin + 2000ds max)
---------------------------------- = 1600 avgDS dps per 2 sec

(1500bbmin + 2800bb max)
----------------------------------- = 2150 avgBB dps per 10 sec / 5 = 430 avgBB dps per 2 sec

now to compare it with my aoe lets change this to a 6 second interval

1600 x 3 = 4800

430 x 3 = 1290

add them

4800 + 1290 = 6090 damage to mobs within 20 yards every 6 seconds or 1015 dps.

grullnor
User

Postby grullnor » Tue May 18, 2010 8:49 pm

forgot about CH but you get my point

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”