Dazêy - Ret Pally

Even Baddier Baddies
mikejh
User

Dazêy - Ret Pally

Postby mikejh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location: 20, Toronto Ontario (Est).

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): My playtimes are very flexible. I usually play anywhere between 12pm - 2am server time (Est).

- Number of Testicles: 2.

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes.
-- Tuesday: Yes.
-- Wednesday: Yes.
-- Thursday: Yes.
-- Friday (optional): Yes.
-- Saturday (optional): Yes.
-- Sunday: Yes.

- Do any others have access to your account? No, I never share my account information.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes I do. I use the mobile version on my Ipod since Blackberry doesn't have on in there app store QQ.

- How long have you played WoW: I've been playing WoW for a little over 2 years now. I wasn't around during vanilla and picked up the game during the BC.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla: Wasn't currently playing.
BC: Illidan / Archimonde (post nerf)
Wotlk:
Glory of the Raider 10 + 25
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 + 25
ToGC Insanity 10 + 25
Death's Demise + Celestial Defender
12/12 ICC 10 + 8/12 HM

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Dazêy, Paladin

- Race & why did you choose it: I'm guessing this question doesn't pertain to me now considering Blood-elf's are currently the only horde class that can roll Paladins. But "arcane torrent" has become useful on several fights such as Heroic A'nub for interrupting shadow strikes.

- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Daz%C3%AAy

- Professions and why did you choose them:
450 Jewel Crafting: I had picked this up while Prismatic gems were able to match any color gem slot. However +34 Strength gems are used as a stat increase from +20 strength gems (+42 Strength from this Prof).
450 Inscription: I leveled this up for the improved shoulder enchant over the Sons of Hodir enchant. In the end it's another +80 Attack power.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My main spec is Retribution (5/11/55). I'm currently using my off-spec for Protection and instant dungeon Queues. My protection gear is nothing to brag about just a mix off ToGC 10 / 232 gear. I'm normally Holy off-spec in which my gear is a range between 232 - 264. I play these specs farely often when needed to tank or off-heal on different encounters.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I'm currently wearing 4pc T10 for the set bonuses as divine storm & judgement have a high priority in the retribution rotation. I currently have the badge leather belt in my inventory ready to go as it's better then it's plate counterpart. However I'm waiting on a expertise ring so I can remain at 26 expertise before using the belt. I have the plate Gunship wrists but I am currently not using them as I am already hit capped. I've been working on getting Death's Choice / Whispering Fanged Skull with no luck as they are both better then the badge trinket that I have. Lastly I am using Bryntoll as it's one of the best weapons pre-heroic for a retribution Paladin.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Glyph seal of Vengeance: I use this glyph first and for most to put myself at the 26 expertise. Secondly for the obvious reason that seal of vengeance is primary choice for retribution dps.
Glyph of Judgement: 10% increased judgement dps as retribution is amazing as judgment is one of our top damaging attacks and has a high high priority in our rotation.
Glyph of Consecration: The 2 extra seconds from this glyph give you some extra free time before having to refresh consecration if need be which is very useful.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Exorcism > Consecrate > Holy Wrath

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): 2300's in 3v3 bracket. Arena Master title also.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: <CUTIES ONLY> I was with cuties only for an extended period of time and was one of there core raiders. I ended up going through some real issue which have all been sorted out thankfully and during this time I moved down to casual status. I was replaced by Bluedeep who took over the main retribution spot which is understandable. They eventually server transferred as a guild to Kalecgos from Kil'jaeden. I ended up not following over as my raid spot had been filled in while I was away from the game.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: This is were I run into some complications. Cuties Only logs aren't available anymore from when they were on Kil'jaeden. If need be I can post some logs from a pug raid next coming week.

- Alts & their name/level: I have no significant alts worth mentioning just 2 level 60's.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I was referred to your site in my post in the Horde Recruitment forums by Grouch. Unfortunately I do not know anyone in <Simple Math> though.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? First of all your raid times fit my schedule perfectly since I'm on the east coast. Simple Math seems be a well established progression oriented guild something I want to help contribute towards. Lastly I hard you were looking for a full time retadin.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Amd Dual Core X2 (3.5 Ghz)
2x Nvidia 250 GT's SLI (40-60 FPS settings on Max)
4 GB Ram
32 Inch Monitor

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:32 pm

speed test to boston.

you would remove the ê from your name if you were to transfer, right?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

mikejh
User

Postby mikejh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 pm

grouch wrote:speed test to boston.

you would remove the ê from your name if you were to transfer, right?

Yah, I would remove the ê from my name also first time using an alt character and I regret doing so.

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:22 pm

another torontonian......sigh....

- From your experience, it seems like u know what u are doing, how long were u in cuties only for.
- When did you leave to correct any problems you had and when did you come back, judging from the achievements, it must've been recent
- Judging that you are 20 years old, im assuming you might be in college/university, what are the chances in the future that school(again assuming) might conflict with your raiding schedule.
- What connection do you have, rogers? bell? techsavy?, mainly my question is how often do you DC, using wireless or wired connection?
- What value would you bring to our raids, your gear does seem to be not on par with our progression in 25 man hard modes but your experience says otherwise. What kind of addition would you make to simple math given your situation.
- You better not be chinese or russian, we have 2 of each living in toronto/sauga and i think we're full on the Simple Math communist party.

Yukiza
User

Postby Yukiza » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:56 pm

just curious....where exactly in toronto?

mikejh
User

Postby mikejh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Greyknight wrote:another torontonian......sigh....

- From your experience, it seems like u know what u are doing, how long were u in cuties only for.
- When did you leave to correct any problems you had and when did you come back, judging from the achievements, it must've been recent
- Judging that you are 20 years old, im assuming you might be in college/university, what are the chances in the future that school(again assuming) might conflict with your raiding schedule.
- What connection do you have, rogers? bell? techsavy?, mainly my question is how often do you DC, using wireless or wired connection?
- What value would you bring to our raids, your gear does seem to be not on par with our progression in 25 man hard modes but your experience says otherwise. What kind of addition would you make to simple math given your situation.
- You better not be chinese or russian, we have 2 of each living in toronto/sauga and i think we're full on the Simple Math communist party.

I was in cuties only for roughly a year. I joined them around the time Wotlk was released.

I left in early February. You are also correct to assume that I came back recently about just over a week ago.

I'm currently enrolled in Ryerson for criminal justice studies. This term is over next week following finals which are in the morning between 9-11. I only ever enroll in 4 courses and always keep in the morning times as I hate heading downtown at night. I've never taken any courses that go late then 4pm est. I have roughly 1 year left on my degree.

My Isp is Bell Sympatico. I play on a wired connection with the router right next to my computer. I rarely if ever DC unless there is something physically wrong with the WoW server. I'm also using the best package that bell curently offers for internet.

I do agree that my gear is behind in terms of progression due to the fact that I took a couple of months off. I
As in terms of value I feel as if I would bring my experience in learning new strategies and encounters quickly. Not dieing to stupid things such as Icy Grip & my knowledge of the class.

To answer your OT question. I'm white as snow my families been here for several generations. My father is a copper in downtown Toronto. So you have no fears of the Simple Math communist party expanding.

mikejh
User

Postby mikejh » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Yukiza wrote:just curious....where exactly in toronto?

Closest intersection would be Bayview and Eglington.

If you know where Leaside is I'm on Bessborough Drive close to Bessborough Public School and Leaside High School.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:25 am

we're currently running with one ret paladin but are considering adding a second to our raiding roster if the right player came along. what are your thoughts on this?

would you be against occasionally playing your offspec during raids? how about rotating with other players? most of our guild raids about four of our five raid days so everyone gets an equal chance to raid that week.
if you never tasted joy

mikejh
User

Postby mikejh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 am

grouch wrote:we're currently running with one ret paladin but are considering adding a second to our raiding roster if the right player came along. what are your thoughts on this?

would you be against occasionally playing your offspec during raids? how about rotating with other players? most of our guild raids about four of our five raid days so everyone gets an equal chance to raid that week.

I would be fine running with another Retadin as I used to occasionally in Cuties Only.

I don't mind playing as my off-spec during raids. But it may be difficult playing as Holy or Protection as my gear needs some work to be at Hard Mode requirements.

mikejh
User

Postby mikejh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:37 am

Sorry forgot to answer one of your questions.

I would also be fine rotating with other players as I understand certain fights require different comps.

Russak
User

Postby Russak » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:26 pm

wow so many Apps from CANADA ahha

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:41 pm

get a parse/log and we can talk. app looks fine otherwise.
if you never tasted joy

mikejh
User

Postby mikejh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:01 pm

grouch wrote:get a parse/log and we can talk. app looks fine otherwise.

Alright sounds good. I'm saved to almost everything this week thus far. I'll see what I can run.

mikejh
User

Postby mikejh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 am

Sorry for the slow response. I ended up accepting another guild offer on an east coast server.

Thanks for reviewing my App though and I wish you guys good luck with LK 25 HM.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”