Hiamovi- orc warrior-tank (shattered Halls)

Even Baddier Baddies
Hiamovi
User

Hiamovi- orc warrior-tank (shattered Halls)

Postby Hiamovi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:51 pm

In search of a guild
Character Information:

Name: Hiamovi
Class: Warrior
Race: Orc
Level: 80

Personal Information:

First name: Rocky
Ventrilo: Yes
Are you the primary holder of your account? If not, who is? Yes, I do not share my account either.
Do you have your Epic Flying mount? Yes
Raid times: 5 eastern till I pass out on my keyboard

Monday: Not an issue
Tuesday: Not an issue
Wednesday: Not an issue
Thursday: Not an issue
Friday: Not an issue
Saturday: Not an issue
Sunday: Not an issue

Armory link: Hiamovi

If you are applying as a tank; what are your 1-6 keys bound to? Do you have any other non numbered hotkeys that you use? If you use a different style of bindings, feel free to give me some insight. I, for one, do not favor number keys and am willing to hear you out: First off I use an N52 gaming pad It lets me bind up to 52 powers if need be. So my spacing may seem odd to some but works fine with me.
1. Cleave
2. Heroic Strike
3. Rend
4. Devastate
5. Shield slam
6. revenge
Theorycraft, and otherwise show that you know the ins and outs of your class. What's your ability priority, or rotation? How do you use your cooldowns? How do you handle DPS during movement? In terms of stats what is the highest priority stat for you to invest in?[/ My rotation is if on boss and I have rage then it is Switch stance retaliation, switch back to defense stance (charge if no rage), mocking blow, shield slam, concussion blow, massive amounts Heroic strikes/devastates, Shield slam on cool down or sword and boards, revenge when nothing else is available, and once I established threat dominance I start to work in thunder claps and Demo shouts. The most important stat for me at the moment is stamina
Please provide WWS (or similar) links of recent boss performances: 3-2-10 25 man raid,2-26-10 10 man
What is your favourite raid encounter? Why? I have two actually and they tie so I am going to tell you about both of them the first Sindragosa , I love encounter for several reasons. I like that it gives the tanks a lot to do, tank switches, frost pots at the right moments, trinkets, to neglect damage on the run out phase, Flares to show were the first ice blocks should be dropped at in phase 3, and one of the other things I love about this fight is you can see who is tunnel visioning big time, points out the meter thumpers in a heartbeat. The other fight I love is Dreamwalker, I love this fight a lot because I get to show case off how effective and cool a warrior tank can be. I mean if you ever seen me tank this you would literally be like “wait a min, wasn’t Movi just over there, how in the hell did he get over here.” I love using intervene, charge, intercept, mocking blows, this fight really stress me and I love how I have to really step up to the plate to get it done. I love the challenge of the Dreamwalker fight.
What would you say are your two weakest pieces of gear at this point in time? If I could claim the lack of guild as gear I would. But my Chest and my Cloak would have to be my two next pieces I am focusing on, I need one tier token to upgrade to the 264 piece for the armor chest and the 4 piece bonus, and as for the cloak I sacrificed the badge one to get my pillar of mights legs made. Which sucks, because the guild disbanded and would have had the cloak 265 by now just from ten man kills and what we were dropping in 25 already.

Please provide a picture of your UI and a list of mods you use: I use DBM, omens, Miks battle text, and recount. Image

What is your talent build: 15/3/53 protection

What are your professions and why have you chosen these professions: I am blacksmith and it was not because I choose it for any raiding purposes at first, when I first join the game; that would be the day it was released, Blacksmithing was what warriors just did. So I have always been a blacksmith but I do love the extra sockets that I can put in my bracers and gloves. Now Jewel crafting is a different story. I used to be a Miner and I thought the 60 stamina bonus was nice and then whoa boy the 51 stamina gems, “hmm hmm good.” I also love the other JCing bonus only epic dragon cuts. But mainly leveled it up for the 51 stamina gem.

Have you ever been in a leadership role in a prior guild (Raid leader, officer, MT): Yes I have. I was the Maintank for Darkblood on scarlet crusade, Hells Bells(pre bc), and I was the MT for Be Negative on Shattered halls before the guild folded.

Who are your alternate characters: I have a level 80 shaman that is my cash cow Nevus, I have 79 pally tank that should be 80 sometime this week.
Do you have 450 First Aid? Cooking? Fishing? First Aid is 450, Cooking and fishing are done on my alts though I am leveling em up now on my warrior also.
What are you alternate specs; do you have high-level experience with other specs or classes: My alternate spec is Fury or arms and I do have the gear to support both. I rarely get to play dps because of always being the tank in raids.
What consumables do you use? How do you acquire them? Why do you use these particular consumables? ? I use stoneblood, fish feast, and exp food. I usually buy the mats from off the AH. Also use 8% kings a lot.
What guilds have you been in: Well I haven’t been in a lot of guilds, my first guild I was ever in was called Here Be Monster from proudmoore but was a 2 man guild we raided with Hells Bell.
Next I was in a guild on server Xfer when I got back to the game called Horde royal protectors on scarlet crusade but this guild wasn’t even capable of raiding on it’s on or providing website leader was named Siannah I think. I was hanging out with a lot of guys from a guild called Dark Blood from Scarlet crusade so they decided to invite me to the guild. I enjoyed being in Dark blood till I realized that they were never going to progress on to heroic modes or hard modes of raids, not because it couldn’t be done but because of the lack of commitment from the raiders. The mind set well we can clear 25 toc who needs 25 togc, to many raiders were being carried through the content, never could even down the Northrend Beasts in togc. The guild was lead by Nadya. I didn’t like this.
I then appted and applied toLok Koshfrom shattered halls lead by Vaelyn(awesome leader and tank). I was accepted, I love this guild I really did love it, however one big major problem, they expect us to run 10 mans with the guild but my ten man groups I was assigned to tank for was always filled with alts and maybe 2 or 3 main characters. I could never finish a ten man raid because of the alts. I mean some of em were well capable of pulling the content off but you can’t do jack when the alts do not show up for follow up raids because their mains were commited to other 10 mans. So I was losing out on badges and what not left and right and vital tanking experience though I prepare heavily for encounters by reading and watching videos on my own, but still can’t beat hands on time. So I left.
Then I was in a guild pretty much to avoid all the invite spam and should join us spam. In order to help them build till I can find a permanent home or hopefully this guild turns into something awesome but as it is going now it is just one big ?. It is called Be Negative, lead by Shfthappens a new guild on the server comprised of a lot of xfers in from other servers. UPDATE!!!Unfortinatily the guild has disbanded already, Due to the failures of leadership.

Please provide 2 references from prior guilds that will help us with both your personality and level of play: Kapela on Scarlet crusade Skrug from scarlet crusade, Vaelyn from Lok Kosh on Shattered halls, GM and raid leader, One the best leaders I have ever seen in this game, if he isn’t mad at me for leaving you can talk to him , Hellzyboy, Règròwth, Lunatikk

Describe your raid experience with World of Warcraft: UBRS when it was a raid, Molten Core, ZG, Aq 20/40, Blackwing Lair, old Nax.

In BC raiding took a back sit to school so was pretty much SSC and some BT.

Wotlk returned to the game, Uldaur 25 all sept yogg, 10/25 man Togc, 10/25 Toc, ICC 10/25 all but Sin(25) and Lich, Sarth 3d, Ony 10 and 25, Voa 10/25, Nax 10, sadly nax 25 was done with when I started to get serious about tanking again.

If you are transferring from another server, please list where you are transferring from and a brief explanation of why you chose to do so: I would be transferring from Shattered halls, I am leaving mainly because the guild I was in broke up due to the leadership folding and giving up. Which I do not understand really? Some very impressive and high dps numbers were shelled out on all fights. The raid awareness over all was lacking and to many wannabe alpha males.
Are you able to take and improve upon harsh criticism: There can be no progressing without learning. Been playing football all my life, yelled at by coaches for over 26 years, trust me Harsh is fine.

Are you willing to change your main spec and/or secondary spec for guild needs: Yes, that is what duel spec is for.
Briefly explain what your class and spec are intended to do in endgame raids. How do your gear and talent choices contribute to this role? How do you go about performing your role? Well being a tank my main job is to hold agro and soak that damage that others will get to experience. That’s the Duh answer though. There is so much more that goes into being a tank. Most tanks need to have the the highest amount of focus in the raid. Study the fights, stratagies, statistics, youtube, google, stratu fu, tankspot, Ejerks, and much much more. Another thing a good tank will do is set the tone for the fights, encounters, and makes it enjoyable for everyone.

What do you think about beginning raids early and staying beyond the required raid times to down new content? Don’t mind so much late but if beginning early is okay so long as it is planned for ahead of time. I know when new dungeons/raids are release that I should like a week ahead plan for earlier raid times.

List your past MMORPG experience (if applicable): Final fantasy and City of Heroes.

What are the specs of your computer and do you experience internet connectivity issues, also link speed test using Boston as test server: Amd 9950 quad core, 8 gig ram, 3 x hd4850s, 2 terabyte HD space, N52 gaming pad, Ventrilo, 2 displays 40/24 inches, and much much more. Image
Draw us a picture. My artsy side isn’t too great when it comes to drawing but here is what I have done. Included two works I have done here.

Detailed Questions:

What do you know about Simple Math ? To be honest not much I know no one no this server at all. I was on wow progress doing a guild recruitment search and the name popped up as for looking for tanks and I eagerly look forward to being contacted and interviewed over ventrilo because I have numerous questions myself.

Why do you feel that Simple Math is the place for you:
Sorry but I am stealing this answer from off other forums of guilds I have seen. “We raid for perfection...” and “If you are not looking for a hardcore raiding guild then I suggest looking elsewhere. We're looking for 90%+ attendance raiders. We will be raiding 5, 6, or even 7 nights a week when learning a new raid zone. If this does not suit your desires in a guild then go elsewhere. If you want to beat shit down nightly this guild is for you…”,” Tired of failed leadership and amped out raiders who are not professional fire dodgers…”,”Wipe till we conquer…,” and more. I am tired of not being in any serious guild, I am in desperate search of Fire dodgers, Laughs, good times, Killing endgame content, being part of something that is just big in general. I want to be in a guild that takes there 10 man raids just as serious as their 25s. That is why I want into Simple Math
Are you applying to any other guilds? The answer to this is yes. I am in application overdrive mode at the moment since I hate not being able to raid and Looking for a new home.
What can you contribute to the guild: A lot, I am looking for a home, so far I haven’t been able to find it yet. I want to part of “tight knit” group. In return I offer many things, experience, knowledge, dedication, computer advice, jokes and laughter, quick wit, and so much more that I feel like a picot naming things.

Any additional information you feel is important: I love this game and have been playing it since it’s has been released, other then a short school vacation during bc content I haven’t missed a skip in its evolution. I know I would be one less tank you would ever have to worry about for raids.
I am funny easy to get along with, Learn super quick, I am pc tech and have helped previous guildmates and friends fix and build their gaming rigs, a High Warlord(LINK) with 188k kills, and more.
I spend time researching the fights, questioning other raids on how they handle encounters, searching forums, google, youtube, tankspot, pay attention to detail,etc…
I want to raid, I want to see everything, I will not ever really be satisfied out there when it comes to tanking and raiding till they end wow and release wow 2.
I have 4/5 tier 10 and one being tier 10.5 but i can't equip one piece till I obtain an upgrade token to use it though I am hammering out the math to see if worth doing anyways
“Should Simple Math take a chance on me?”
I do not know how to answer this question really, I just know that it want be a chance for Simple Math to accept me at all. I know I don’t have the Hard mode ICC Fights under my belt however my character plus my tanking experience pretty much makes me any serious guild material really and I know how quick, adaptable, and preparation I put into each fight. I will not be a hindrance at all. I can sit here and tell you have all the right gems and enchants to make sure i am up to par to do my job but anyone applying to such a guild like this should have all that stuff done which is what i consider to be the basics anyway. But what you can't see is the years and countless raid/instance/wipe/research hours I have logged. I have well over 240ish days played on him, would have been more if I didn't take a year off for school really. I love this game, so you do not have to worry about me really ever leaving it barring death.

I just know I belong in a high caliber guild and if you have a tank that you think is better than me applying which I believe there are very few of us out there, then I would recruit them. However that being said, I am not a gambling man I know what I am capable of, I know what I want to achieve, I know if I am applying to your guild, it is because I can for fill and exceed in your tanking needs and fit in. I am one of the most mobile and adaptable tanks you will ever see and the last warrior tank you will ever have to worry about finding if you adopt me into the Simple Math home.

Here is a PowerPoint video I did, didn’t come out well on YouTube like I hope but can email the PowerPoint files if you have the software to view it.
In search of a guild

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Why did you take some other guilds template and replace their guild name with simple math?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Hiamovi
User

Can you describe Ruckus???

Postby Hiamovi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Define Ruckus.
Hmm many answers to this. I like to think ruckus is an act that one engages in to rebell against the normal or if you ask my Mom I am sure would just say that I should of been named Ruckus. So in away I Ruckus, nice to meet you all.

Out of contact info if can't see it on PowerPoint is [email protected] or ocky881 on skype.

Hiamovi
User

Postby Hiamovi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Ninetales wrote:Why did you take some other guilds template and replace their guild name with simple math?

No i did not take some other guilds application, this is my resume that I pieced together. So far I do not know anyone that has required a picture being drawn for the application porcess, which I think is a very cool idea. Just wish I could draw.

Hiamovi
User

Postby Hiamovi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Is there a way to edit posts, is this something that is reserved for members only?

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 pm

members get to edit posts. guests do not.

please finish filling out the app and post it as a response.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

fria
User

Postby fria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:46 pm

you used your frost badges to craft the pants over other upgrades when you could have bought them? also 10 stats and titanium plating suck. Your choice of neck and rings is questionable. But mostly we have no room for a prot warrior.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:16 pm

fria wrote:you used your frost badges to craft the pants over other upgrades when you could have bought them? also 10 stats and titanium plating suck. Your choice of neck and rings is questionable. But mostly we have no room for a prot warrior.

"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVXKt3VHaCM

Ok for real though, I read this a couple days ago:

http://kroq.radio.com/2010/03/01/lookin ... ever-seen/

and I didn't believe people did this for irl jobs let alone a guild app. PRETTY CRAZY!

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Why the fuck did 3 of our last 4 applicants post one on tranqs forums too.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Ninetales wrote:Why the fuck did 3 of our last 4 applicants post one on tranqs forums too.

because they downed the lich king! remember when they got that server first... owait and besides they pick up like anyone.

AndThatRepairBillsWantGoU
User

Postby AndThatRepairBillsWantGoU » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:49 pm

... Buahaahhaa

Zoomkin
User

Postby Zoomkin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:11 am

Image Image

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 am

I know my odds are against me for entrance into your guild but if you know another guild worth there salt please forward my info to em.

Really? Quit being a lazy faggot and check out wowprogress.com
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Hiamovi
User

Postby Hiamovi » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:25 am

holyshoot wrote:
I know my odds are against me for entrance into your guild but if you know another guild worth there salt please forward my info to em.

Really? Quit being a lazy faggot and check out wowprogress.com

Well i have over 30 appilications, out should really call someone lazy til you know them and how is it lazy if one person hears something through the grapevine if a nother guild is looking for a particular raid need. It is the same as if someone reconmends someone by word of mouth or gives a heads up to another person.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”