Vikeen - 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Skullcrusher Transfer)

Even Baddier Baddies
Vikeen
User

Vikeen - 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Skullcrusher Transfer)

Postby Vikeen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: Timothy (My friends call me Tai); I currently reside at Fort Campbell, Kentucky
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Usually 5:30pm to 1:30am weekdays, and on the weekends almost any time
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I just recently got the iPhone authenticator; it works great!!!
- How long have you played WoW:

I've been playing this game for 4 years now; I started playing in October of 2005, and I have never gotten tired of it. It's a great way to save money on the weekends, and you meet some awesome people on it (I actually met some of my surfer buds in Australia on WoW, and now we're best friends, and had some of the best times surfing together and playing WoW).

I have been on 3 servers primarily before: Scilla, Lightning's Blade, and Barthilas. Scilla was the first server that I originally started on, and it was where I began my reputation as being a great warrior. It was also where I began my raiding, and I experienced quite a few amazing raids there. On Lightning's Blade I played a primary role as raid leader and melee command for the number one guild on the server: <Aftermath>. It was there that I experienced some of the best raiding that I had ever done. We were the only guild on Lightning's Blade to clear Naxxramas pre-Burning Crusade, and we had pretty much every server first kills of all pre-Burning Crusade and Burning Crusade content (occasionally you might see me strolling around Dalaran or Orgrimmar with my teir 3 equipped and my Corrupted Ashbringer [the server first and only]: I loved the content, and still appreciate it to this day). We had server firsts of almost all of Sunwell, including Muru.

I then joined the military, and was forced to quit world of warcraft temporarily. I ended up moving to hawaii, which forced me to transfer to a server that can meet my raid times: Barthilas. I joined a guild called <The Penetrators> and quickly moved up the ranks as raid leader and melee dps leader. We put up a great fight against all the bosses in 25 man Naxxramas, 25 man Eye of Eternity, and 25 man Sartharion. When Ulduar started up, <The Penetrators> combined efforts with <Severance>, and participated in the server 3rd kill of Yogg-Saron 25 man, and the server 2nd of Yogg-Saron 10 man.

I was put on orders unexpectantly to Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and due to a 6 hour time difference I was unable to make raid times. I moved to to a friends server; the ever famous Skullcrusher. Here, I joined <Beatdown Brigade> then the 3rd ranked guild on the server. I enjoyed every minute of raiding with them, and loved clearing Trial of the Crusader 25 and 10 man with them. However, due to some guild drama and a few issues with certain players, combined with some moral views I personally have, I have made the decision to leave the server, and enjoy raiding elsewhere. I put some long thought into this, and I feel like I am making the right decision.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Raid Experience: (this is going to be long, but hey I figure you guys would want to know my experience so you know what you're getting into)

Kills: *note* these kills were all made during the time that the content was the latest (for example, I have downed Onyxia at level 60 in the 40 man version, not at level 70 or 80)

World of Warcraft: (commonly referred to as "Vanilla WoW")

Molten Core: Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas, Garr, Barron Geddon, Shazzrah, Sulferon Harbringer, Golemagg the Incinerator, Majordomo Executus, Ragnaros
Blackwing Lair: Razorgore the Untamed, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt, Broodlord Lashlayer, Firemaw, Ebonroc, Flamegor, Chromaggus, Nefarian
Ahn'Quiraj (20 man): Kurinnaxx, General Rajaxx, Moam, Buru the Gorger, Ayamiss the Hunter, Ossirian the Unscarred
Upper Blackrock Spire - Pyrogurard Emberseer, Flamewreath, Jed Runewatcher, Goraluk Anvilcrack, Gyth and Rend Blackhand, The Beast, Lord Valthalak, General Drakkisath
Zul'gurub: Jeklik, Venoxis, Mar'li, Thekal, Arlokk, Hakkar the Soulflayer
Onyxia's Lair: Onyxia
Ahn'Quiraj (40 man): Skeram, The Three Amigos (my names for Vern, Yauj, and Kri), Sartura, Fankriss, Viscidus, Princess Huhuran, Vek'lor and Vek'nilash, Ouro the Sandworm, C'Thun
Naxxramas (40 Man): Anub'Rekhan, Grand Widow Faerlina, maexxna, Noth the Plaguebringer, Heigan the Unclean, Loatheb, Instructor Razuvious, Gothik the Harvester, The Four Horsemen, Patchwerk, Grobbulus, Gluth, Thaddius, Sapphiron, Kel'thuzad

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade

Karazhan: Attuman the Huntsman, Moroes, Maiden of Virtue, The Opera Event, Terestian Illhoof, The Curator, The Shade of Aran, Netherspite, The Chess Event, Nightbane, Prince Malchezzar
Gruul's Lair: High King Maulgar, Gruul the Dragonslayer
Magtheridon's Lair: Magtheridon
Serpentshrine Cavern: Hydros the Unstable, The Lurker Below, Fathom Lord karathress, Leothoras the Blind, Lady Vashj
Zul'Aman: Bear Lord Nalorakk, Eagle Lord Akil'zon, Dragonhawk Lord Jan'alai, Lynx Lord Halazzi, Hex Lord Malacrass, Warlord Zul'jin
Tempest Keep: High Astromancer Solarion, Alar, Void Reaver, Kael'thas Sunstrider
Battle for Mount Hyjal: Rage Winterchill (the easiest boss in all of wow), Anethheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgolar, Archimonde
Black Temple: High Warlord Najentus, Supremus, Shade of Akama, Teron Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, Reliquary of Souls, Mother Shahraz, The Illidari Council (Gathios, Zerevor, Malande, Veras Darkshadow), Illidan Stormrage
Sunwell Plateau: Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, The Eredar Twins (Sacrolash and Alythess), Muru

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (note-I have killed all 10 man versions as well if they are listed as 25 man)*

Naxxramas (25 man): Anub'Rekhan, Grand Widow Faerlina, Maexxna, Noth the Plaguebringer, Heigan the Unclean, Loatheb, Instructor Razuvious, Gothik the Harvester, The Four Horsemen, Patchwerk, Grobbulus, Gluth, Thaddius, Sapphiron, Kel'thuzad
EOE (25 man): Malygos
OS (25 man): Sartharion + 0 Drakes, Sartharion + 1 Drake, Sartharion + 2 Drakes, Sartharion + 3 Drakes
Ulduar (25 man): Flame Leviathon, Razorscale, Ignis the Furnace Master, The Iron Council, Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir, Thorim, Freya, Mimiron, General Vezax, Yogg Saron
TOTC (25 man): The Beasts of Northrend (Gormokk the Impaler, Acidmaw and Dreadscale, and Icehowl), Lord Jaraxxus, The Faction Champions, The Twin Val'kyr (Edyis Darkbane and Fjola Lightbane), Anub'arak
TOGC (25 man): The Beasts of Northrend (Gormokk the Impaler, Acidmaw and Dreadscale, and Icehowl), Lord Jaraxxus, The Faction Champions
Icecrown Citadel (25 Man): Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper, Gunship Battle, Deathbringer Saurfang, Festergut, Rotface

*I haven't finished 10 man Trial of the Grand Crusader; I'm hoping to find a good group so I can put another boss down on my kill list!!!

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Vikeen, Arms/Fury Warrior

- Race & why did you choose it: I decided to go Orc WAY back in the day; initially as a noob I chose it because he looked cool as a warrior lol (as noobs I think we all go after what looks cool) but after raiding and further progression into the content WoW had to offer, I came to realize that orcs make (in my humble opinion) the best dps warriors out of any race/class combination. The blood fury racial is amazing, and the axe expertise is quite nice:)
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Vikeen (note* - in case you haven't noticed my gemming, you should know that my main spec is actually arms. I tend to lean towards two gear setups as arms depending on the boss fight, and if you'd like to see those, I can glady show you)
- Can you describe the ruckus?
The only ruckus I can think of other than the crappy 1980's movie "Ruckus" would have to be the college network that awesome music service that they closed down like a year ago:(
- Professions and why did you choose them: I used to have leatherworking back during Burning Crusade (GO GO DRUMS!!!) but they ended up screwing leatherworkers with no drum recipes:( I then went to Jewelcrafting; specifically for the dragoneye gems, and because I have an alt that I am currently mining on. The two combined make for a nice moneymaker to buy flasks, potions, extra gems, etc for raiding on Vikeen. My other profession is Enchanting, and I chose this a while back specifically for the crusader enchant. During Burning Crusade, I as a 1 hander fury warrior, I utilized the normal Main hand mongoose offhande executioner enchants. Now, as a main spec arms warrior, I utilize the berserker enchant.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
My main spec is arms, with an offspec of fury. Typically I will raid in 25 mans as arms; the 4% physical damage buff is rather amazing in my humble opinion, and it makes a difference:) In 10 mans I will raid as fury, but in my former 10 man we raided melee heavy, and the 5% crit buff is nnice for all the physical dps we had:)
As stated before, my main spec is arms.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
As an arms mainspec, I preer to gem for armor penetration; when I first began gemming, I aimed for 50% passive armor penetration with a grim toll proc, but after Trial of the Grand Crusader, I decided to gem even more for it. at the moment, I am sitting at 72% passive armor penetration. I will be gemming my dragonseys for strength, and I'm hoping that with this new raid coming out I can add for more armor penetratioin and utilize a different trinket other than my grim toll (I love the proc, but any armor penetration above 100% is a waste) When I raid as fury, I keep the gems as my gear for both specs is very similar. I will switch my rings to strenth rings instead of armor penetration, bu other than that, the gearsets remain the same.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Arms: Glyph of Rend (Rend is one of the pinnacles of arms warrior's damage done, so anything that increases this is good)
Arms: Glyph of Mortal Strike (Mortal Strike in my typical priority cycles is used approximately once every5 to 6 seconds, and being that in an arms warriors's priority cycle, each ability needs to comprise about an eighth to a quarter of the damage. Eadch ability is key.
Arms: Glyph of Execution (During Sudden Death Procs, execution becomes number one on my damage priority cycle. This glyph will become even more important with the new teir 10 4 peice set bonus. Also, during execcute phase [when a mob/boss is at or below 20%] I will chage my priority cycle to basically Execute and rend with a rage dump on heroic strike)
Fury: Glyph of Whirlwind (an amazing abillity in itself, being able to utilize this ability even faster enables fury warriors to flawlessly utilize a combination of bloodthirst and whirlwind practically at the same time. this enables an amazing generation of damage, and also allows for a pretty decent amount of generated rage.
Fury: Glyph of Execution (again as stated before, during execute phase, my 1,2,3 heroic strike spam is replaced with execute, whirlwind, bloodthirst, rage bank, bloodthirst, execute, whirlwind)
Fury - Glyph of heroic Strike (with the tier 9 set bonus, you tend to critical strike quite often on heroic strikes. Being that it is the pinnicale of a fury warrior's dps meters, critting on it is amazing, and it actually becomes a great way to generate rage, rather than lose it.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Arms - my arms dps cycle is done utilzing a priorty cycle. The priority cycles is as follows: Rend > Overpower > Mortal Strike > Slam > Heroic Strike >Bladestorm (bladestorm is moved up or down this priority depending on the number of mobs in the fight)

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
- Alts & their names and levels:
Meanmug - 80 Marksmenship/Beast Mastery Hunter
Demondaxe - 80 Restoration/Elemental Shaman
Wyvernian-75 Balance Druid
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
AIM - armystrong68p
MSN-armystrong68p
XBOX Live - EyeOfAHawk
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I found you through some research in guild recruiting. lol honestly I searched for about 2 straight days lol. . .finding a good guild that is recruiting warriors is hard, and I narrowed it down to you guys:) I don't know anyone in Simple Math, but I'm hoping to know you guys soon!!!
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I am currently using a Dell XPS M1730 with dual Nvidia 8900s in SLI Configuration. I have 8gb of DDR2 RAM, and my typical frames per second in a 25 man raid is 30-60 frames.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
Simple, but I like it:) something that shows my culture, my passions, and my lifelong moral of life.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 pm

I see a cake vendor.

Lawnchair
User

Postby Lawnchair » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 pm

skullcrusher sucks

blind
User

Postby blind » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:28 pm

One of the most complete applications I've seen in a while that doesn't force me to search for information that should of been provided. Good work you're not retarded! :D

I'll check it out and comment on it later, since Arms is your mainspec - relog in your arms gear and spec.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:39 pm

no wws, get one or there's no point.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:48 am

blind wrote:One of the most complete applications I've seen in a while that doesn't force me to search for information that should of been provided. Good work you're not retarded! :D

I'll check it out and comment on it later, since Arms is your mainspec - relog in your arms gear and spec.

/waits with popcorn :D

Vikeen
User

Postby Vikeen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:35 am

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r ... 343&e=4627 - last weeks Festergut Kill

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... 780&e=6049 - last week's Deathbringer Saurfang Kill

There are two log reports here. Both with arms as my main spec (I recently changed specs from the incite build with 3 points into improved heroic strike and cleave to a build with improved execute and 5 points into commanding presence - kinda makes me feel like a buffbot, but I'm an arms warrior so I geuss I already am a buffbot lol)

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:42 am

Do you feel these parses are accurate representations of your dps and if not why? Any particular reasoning for no bracer enchant or 8 stats to chest?

Vikeen
User

Postby Vikeen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:56 am

Number crunches are approximately the same if memory serves me correctly, and I think these numbers should be similar to that of our Deathbringer Saurfang kill. . .

Now, I might have finished a bladestorm and hit a hound maybe once ore twice, but other than that like I stated before, the number crunches should be approximately the same.

As an arms warrior, one of our main abilities (if specced like I am now) is slam, and with fights that involve kiting or moving, I don't like to include those at this would innaccurately portray this. The two parses I chose are both fights in which all melee damage should be stationary and not have to move. Also these are the most up to date parses with the current gearset I use. In the near future, I will be raiding Icecrown citadel most likely with 2 new peices of teir gear so I will be glad to post parses of these same fights if need be.

As for the enchants:

This is going to make me sound like an idiot, but I'm not going to lie. The majority of enchants that I get are done by myself, and I kind of like it that way, as it allows me to farm my own materials, and level my own enchanting without having to pay for materials and a tip etc etc. I just got those bracers not too long ago, so they havent been enchanted yet, but I plan on attack power to those in the near furture (near futrue meaning in the next few days). As for the 8 stats and not 10, I simply didnt have the mats at the time that I received the chest peice. Unfortunately the guild that I am currently in didn't have the mats, but I am running heroics and randoms at the moment to ensure I have the materials ready. I have been hoarding my frost emblems to buy 2 peices of teir at the same time rather than one, simply because it would start me with a two peice set bonus. This set bonus is absolutely amazing for arms warriors, and its (in my humble opinion) one of the first set bonuses that has actually given an arms warrior the upper hand when compared directly against a fury warrior. I just didn't want to waste the materials on a chest peice that I won't be having for much longer.

merk
User

Postby merk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 am

Super Stalker Armoury ('new and improved' says blizzard) tells me that you haven't received either of those loot peices since at least the 23rd of December. Thats quite a long time.

It also tells me you have not been particularly diligent in making sure to run a heroic daily each day.

You have two kills on most of the bosses in ulduar ..

You said some things about leaving due to moral views and such. Put it like this: our vent server its titled "Simple Math Vent: Where Balls Touch." True issues should be taken up with officers; but if you are easily offended ... you WILL be offended here.

Your ui is kinda inefficent - wastes too much vertical space. Do you play with that camera position? Can I see it in a raid?

If you are in the military how currently stable are you as far as not having another change that would prevent you from raiding with us?

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:51 am

so you're saying that it takes you a few days to enchant your gear? get fucking real.

we've never once had good luck with anyone on active duty, what makes you so special?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

fria
User

Postby fria » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am

Bad enchants besides the ones stated you have icewalker when your over the hit cap also enchanting for expertise which puts you slightly over cap on that but its shit for arms so you dont need to cap it. You are not using the agility meta gem so you have 2 blue gems. Low dps overall especially on festergut one of the best fights for arms warriors you had more melee attacks than heroic strikes on a fight where you should have endless rage. Not to mention arms sucks. And as merk said above you should have more than enough badges to buy 2pc already.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 am

not interested - one week without a response on top of previous things mentioned.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”