- Age & Location: 23 & BC, Canada
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 6pm-3am
- Number of Testicles: 0 =(
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Not in summer. Otherwise, yes.
-- Saturday (optional): Not in summer. Otherwise, yes.
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No.
- How long have you played WoW: Going on 3 years now, I believe. I quit once before BC hit, but I've been consistantly playing since about 2 months after BC.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I've killed everything in BC pre-nerf apart from KJ (right after nerf) and I've killed everything in WotLK including H:GotR achievements. I've done several Ulduar hard modes in 10 man and several intermediate modes on 25-man, as well as many many many attempts on hard modes.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Saonserey, Holy Priest
- Race & why did you choose it: Blood Elf. Originally I played alliance, so after BC hit I wanted to play around with a new race. But I'm quite glad I picked it now, I really like Arcane Torrent these days.
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Saonserey
- Can you describe the ruckus? WATCH YOUR TONGUE, YOUNG MAN!
- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailoring and Enchanting. I chose tailoring back in the day for the frozen shadoweave set, but honestly lightweave/darkglow embroidery is pretty nice these days. I have a decent number of rare recipes, too. I chose enchanting for the ring enchants. I pondered switching over to JC, but with the nerfs it seems unnecessary.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I switch my dual spec back and forth from disc to shadow. I don't get to raid much as shadow - I've only done an XT and Yogg recently, but disc is fun occasionally.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For holy, I aim to keep my haste around ~11-12% unbuffed and past that I gem for spellpower, int and crit. A decent balance of stats seems to work out best for me. My shadow set is hit capped and I've picked up what I can.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: I use Glyph of Flash Heal, Circle of Healing and Prayer of Healing for holy; Glyph of SW:P, Mind Flay and Shadow for shadow, and Glyph of PW:S, Penance and Flash Heal for Disc. Minors are Shadowfiend, Fortitude and Levitate.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? N/A
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? The beauty of priests are their versatility in my opinion, it's kept the class interesting for me for years now. My breakdown greatly depends on the fight, I have different healing styles for most. However, as a rule of thumb I PoM on cooldown, renew tanks and ret pallies, fheal any single target damage, use surge procs to stack up Serendipity and once I get a 3 stack I use it on a Gheal or wait for heavy AoE dmg abilities like Flame Jets to get off a quick PoH. My breakdown on Ignis for example is split pretty evenly between PoH, CoH and PoM making up about 70% of my healing.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Uh. I got up to the 1900s in BC, but I've never made it my priority and I don't have terribly much interest in arena these days. =(
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Knights of the Fallen - T4 guild that reformed without its leader and I didn't want to be part of it anymore.
Undeniable - My guild for T5/T6 content up to Illidan. Was unhappy with its GM being totally pussywhipped by some chick that pulled pretty incredible stunts and got away with it, and the officer core doing nothing about it and general lack of progression.
Vital - my current guild that I joined in August 08. Progression has been stagnant, raiders have been frustrated, my friends are about to leave and GM has been.. interesting as of late. I'll go into more detail in a chat if necessary.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/S ... 193731.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/731609 There are a lot more up there too if you want to have a look.
- Alts & their name/level: Annai, 80 resto druid. Nymue, 80 lock. Lichtgestalt, 70 hunter. Geduld, 70 DK.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] (MSN), [email protected] (email)
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I do not. I found you guys on the recruitment forums.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? You guys seem to be progressing nicely and are still laid back. I'm looking for a place with little to no drama. I play this game to relax and kill big dargons. I'd be transferring with 22+ fragments of val'anyr. I'm looking to transfer with a shadow priest friend of mine that'll be apping shortly. I would not be able to transfer until next week at the earliest.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Hooboy. AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9800 GTX. Processor sucks, so I usually run lower vid settings to get up to 25ish. Will be upgrading soon anyway though.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/488364019.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/S ... y/puff.jpg

Ashe
User

Postby Ashe » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:00 am

I remember you from FFXI. You're Miramel, aren't you? That chick who used to hang out with that total creeper, Sholo?
Last edited by Ashe on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:16 am

bad holy spec is bad

and what's with your gemming?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Seraphica
User

Postby Seraphica » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:40 am

LOLOLOLOL. Vital not loot-training you enough? Pulling another Undeniabad? How did the XXV merge go? Gotta love the Dark Iron drama. Also tell Dasko and Wrack I said hi.

Erz
User

Postby Erz » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 am

Nice UI, a few questions though:

- Why do you gem for crit? Why why why? Int is much more valuable, especially as a holy priest, giving us both regen from Replenishment/regen formula, as well as crit. Honestly if you have to gem for crit you're probably gearing wrong.

- Do you use your four-piece as holy? Do you have other off-pieces that could potentially provide you with more crit (thus eliminating the need for terrible crit gems, although they're not needed in the first place) to break your four piece? We run with a disc priest more often than not, so your four piece really shouldn't be getting.. any use, at all. It shouldn't really even get any use without a disc priest in the raid, as shield is completely mana inefficient, with the exception of the occasional use for B&S (which you don't even have, sigh).

- Mp5 gems on your helm and shoulders. Could this be why your crit is so low? d: The crit enchants are much more valuable than mp5 for a holy and disc priest.

- Divine Fury over Spell Warding? Do you really use Gheal like.. at all in a raid? Imp. Healing? Have you not gotten the memo that gheal is pretty much trash now? No B&S (possibly the greatest talent ever)? No Test of Faith? Emp. Healing over Blessed Resilience (this is debated, however. I personally enjoy 3% healing to all my aoe heals, sacrificing the added benefit to flash heal)?

- No tuskar's on boots?

- After looking at your wmo, I don't see even one gheal. Why do you have so many talents to improve your gheal if you don't use it?

Russak
User

Postby Russak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:52 am

so many Canadians
lets recruit so i can troll her from Tdot

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Russak wrote:so many Canadians
lets recruit so i can troll her from Tdot

wtf is a tdot
if you never tasted joy

Seraphica
User

Postby Seraphica » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:09 pm

A very retarded way of saying Toronto.

Russak
User

Postby Russak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:43 pm

ok there slumdog just cause you live in Waterloo doesnt mean you can talk smack about the naming Slang.

hydra
User

Postby hydra » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 pm

heals hunter pets, accepted
Minty wrote:FUCK YOU HYDRA TAKE YOUR SIG OFF YOU CRACKA ASS MUTHA FUCKA DATS CARBONS TO USE OR NOT USE.... I'm tellin grouchhhhh.

Seraphica
User

Postby Seraphica » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:47 pm

hydra wrote:heals hunter pets, accepted

Fuck Itchford

iix
User

Postby iix » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Vital - my current guild that I joined in August 08. Progression has been stagnant, raiders have been frustrated, my friends are about to leave and GM has been.. interesting as of late. I'll go into more detail in a chat if necessary.

Could you go into this in detail a bit more, you can PM it to me or another officer if you prefer to keep it private.

You having ~22 fragments is somewhat of a double edged sword, we can possibly gain from getting our 2nd-3rd legendary quicker but you leaving a guild that chose you to receive their first one makes me question if we should be able to trust you enough to complete it for you.

Evayne
User

Postby Evayne » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 pm

Erz wrote:Nice UI, a few questions though:

- Why do you gem for crit? Why why why? Int is much more valuable, especially as a holy priest, giving us both regen from Replenishment/regen formula, as well as crit. Honestly if you have to gem for crit you're probably gearing wrong.

I've yet to run into any mana problems, really. I realize the value of Int, and I have a whole.. 1 crit gem, I think. You're right though, shuffling my enchants around to crit and replacing some gems with int seems like the same thing with more gain.

- Do you use your four-piece as holy? Do you have other off-pieces that could potentially provide you with more crit (thus eliminating the need for terrible crit gems, although they're not needed in the first place) to break your four piece? We run with a disc priest more often than not, so your four piece really shouldn't be getting.. any use, at all. It shouldn't really even get any use without a disc priest in the raid, as shield is completely mana inefficient, with the exception of the occasional use for B&S (which you don't even have, sigh).

No, I'm not attached to the 4 piece for holy at all. I picked the 10man shoulders up yesterday for Vezax, where I'm disc. I have different pairs of haste/crit shoulders that I switch in/out. I ideally want to pick up the 25m Vezax ones, but no luck so far.

- Mp5 gems on your helm and shoulders. Could this be why your crit is so low? d: The crit enchants are much more valuable than mp5 for a holy and disc priest.

You're right. Making that change right now.

- Divine Fury over Spell Warding? Do you really use Gheal like.. at all in a raid? Imp. Healing? Have you not gotten the memo that gheal is pretty much trash now? No B&S (possibly the greatest talent ever)? No Test of Faith? Emp. Healing over Blessed Resilience (this is debated, however. I personally enjoy 3% healing to all my aoe heals, sacrificing the added benefit to flash heal)?

Spell Warding? All healing debates aside, I don't think I'd pick that up, ever. I've lately been pondering to pick up BR and Test of Faith over Empowered Healing. I haven't played around with Body and Soul yet. Running with a disc priest most times, everything tends to be bubbled anyway. I just went to respec and picked it up to see how handy exactly it'll come in, though.

- No tuskar's on boots?

For what? As much as I think about it, I can't really think of any instance where 8% run speed would've saved me somehow.

- After looking at your wmo, I don't see even one gheal. Why do you have so many talents to improve your gheal if you don't use it?

I use it as filler on non-AoE intensive fights for Serendipity. I like keeping it viable to an extent but I'm not terribly attached to gheal talents. Given the choice, I'd always run with Divine Fury over Spell Warding, that's just my preference. Other than that, I'm perfectly willing to chuck them out.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:51 pm

no mana issues whatsoever? have you done xt25 hard mode or raid healed on council25 hard mode?

spell warding is useful for half the fights in ulduar. if someday we can faceroll all hard modes i might get rid of it, but not right now.

speccing for gheal is retarded if you don't use it. the only exception is if you're a dedicated tank healer, which you shouldn't be in a properly outfitted raid.

tuskar's isn't required by any means, but it's valuable for things like yogg and general. i'll be using it for some time yet.

fragments don't really matter. yours would rot for many many months. i'd expect you to stay loyal to a guild giving you their legendary, but apparently that's not the case.
if you never tasted joy

Erz
User

Postby Erz » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Evayne wrote:

Spell Warding? All healing debates aside, I don't think I'd pick that up, ever. I've lately been pondering to pick up BR and Test of Faith over Empowered Healing. I haven't played around with Body and Soul yet. Running with a disc priest most times, everything tends to be bubbled anyway. I just went to respec and picked it up to see how handy exactly it'll come in, though.

- No tuskar's on boots?

For what? As much as I think about it, I can't really think of any instance where 8% run speed would've saved me somehow.

In terms of hardmodes, 10% reduction on spell damage is highly significant. On non-hardmodes it's still highly useful. I can't think of a single encounter for which this is entirely useless, where as Divine Fury helps you gheal when you gheal what, once or twice a raid? Thorim frost nova/blizzard, Hodir frozen blows, XT tantrum, IC everything, the list goes on and on. I fail to see how you don't find this useful.

You really value 18 spirit over 8% run speed? I thought you didn't have mana issues? So you take a measly 18 spirit, with no B&S to boot, over an infinitely better 8% run speed on the numerous movement-intensive fights in Ulduar?

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”