Hey Guys

Discuss all WoW-related things here.
Wookiness
User

Hey Guys

Postby Wookiness » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 pm

As you all probably know, recently I have decided to no longer attend our 25 man alt runs. I was confronted on the issue many times by many people and I would tell them that I did not like the way looting was being handled. The looting has been discussed in the forums recently and you are all aware that most issues have occured because we have been unable to fill our alt runs with Simple Math members only. I want to be clear that Peril attending these alt runs had nothing to do with me wanting to go to. Since Perils departure, many people assumed that I would continue going to these alt runs. However, since he was not the issue that I had in my head, this was not true. Today I was asked if I was going to the alt run and I responded with a no. Grouch asked me, in both Ventrilo and in game via guild chat, why I did not want to attend. I told him that we had already discussed this in the past. I left the channel, turning my back to Grouch. He pulled me back into the channel and warned me not to do that again. I hesitated for about 5 seconds, then closed Ventrilo.
Knowing what was probably going to happen next I saw the yellow message, "Wookiness has been kicked form the guild."
I logged off and got off the computer, and went for a walk to think about things. During which, I looked at the whole situation from everyone elses perspective. I have had a poor attitude towards the alt run, making it not fun for my friends in the guild, as well as everyone else in the guild and especially the people who put the group together every single week. I have also been very selfish with my reasons behind not attending. I have had a few things go unfavorably for myself in the run, but that is no reason for me to remove myself from the group. Especially when me not being there goes right back to where a lot of the problems with the run a said to begin, not having enoush guild members to fill the run regularly. With that said, I would like to apologize to my friends, who had to listen to me on a daily basis about not going. I would like to apologize to everyone who makes an effort every week to attend this run, including all of the officers. And I would also like to apologize to Grouch for insubordinate behaviour in Ventrilo today.

Jesse (Wookiness)

vix
User

Postby vix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 pm

you done fucked up

Carbon
User

Postby Carbon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm

I hope things get resolved soon, I hate to see good players go unguilded.

Zoomkin
User

Postby Zoomkin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:18 am

Alts raids make tensions. LOL ALTS.
Image Image

Harmless
User

Postby Harmless » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:55 am

I think it was silly to kick him, and I understand the tension over what happened in vent but I think both parties were heated and both people have cooled down. I find the apology sincere and tonight people questioned him about it and he answered them truthfully. While I'd like to see the alt run become solid, I don't think kicking over it is going to sway people. I'd like to see him back, and yes I'm only one person, but everyone makes mistakes.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:25 am

this incident isn't even remotely about alts.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Harmless
User

Postby Harmless » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:44 am

He left vent.
This was after you pulled him up and asked about the alt run.
I'm confused how this incident that led to the kick isn't related to alts?

He's also realized that he's had a poor attitude in the main run after hearing it from a few people.
He admitted it to several who came and questioned him on everything, and I think owning up to your flaws is a foot in the right direction.

Not to mention the posting of an apology to the whole guild, of which you suggested.

blind
User

Postby blind » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:51 am

NO ONE GETS ANOTHER CHANCE DURING TRIAL PERIOD
U DONE GOOFED

vix
User

Postby vix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 am

Owning up to your flaws is a step in the right direction, yes.

This isn't the first guild that its happened in.
Last edited by vix on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

thoughtless
User

Postby thoughtless » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Wait, I thought this was because grouch asked him to come on some other guy and he didn't want to. So confused
SLOP SLOP SQUEEE

Russak
User

Postby Russak » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:22 pm

so you guys did kick Wookie.
Fucking Grouch!!!

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 pm

grouch wrote:this incident isn't even remotely about alts.

Nerva
User

Postby Nerva » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:41 am

Psychotron
User

Postby Psychotron » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:12 am

Zoomkin
User

Postby Zoomkin » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

blind wrote:NO ONE GETS ANOTHER CHANCE DURING TRIAL PERIOD
U DONE GOOFED

They made him member lol.