Even Baddier Baddies
Tokiez
User

Tokiez- Thrall (US) Application

Postby Tokiez » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:16 am

- Age & Location: 20, Los Angeles, CA
- Number of Testicles: Two
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I do
- How long have you played WoW: I've been playing since vanilla, but have only been raiding since WotLK
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I killed Lich King back in the day, but haven't been gifted a raid team that can stick around long enough to actually progress more than halfway through this expansions content.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Tokiez, Paladin
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... z/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Best Elf, because they are best. Also because Arcane Torrent is extremely useful for generating holy power, and they get extra crit chance.
- Professions and why you choose them: Herbalism, and Inscription. Because I make lots of trinkets at the beginning of an expansion to fund myself for the rest of the expansion.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? MS Retribution, OS Protection. I play prot when possible, I use it for instant dungeon and LFR queues, and to fill in for missing tanks in raid teams.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): For ret, the best gear for me, is plate with the maximum amount of possible strength and mastery. Crit and multistrike is important, but ignored unless the amount of strength and mastery change is extremely minuscule. According to some forums, it is suggested that you maintain haste up to 15% with raid buffs, but I find that I don't need to try and do this, as I am usually at roughly 15% haste with raid buffs by accident. However for Prot, my best stat next to Bonus Armor and Strength is haste, and it needs to be stacked as high as possible. After haste I need as much mastery as possible because it is a direct increase to my survival.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: FV Priorities: Get and maintain 5 holy power (Standard boss rotation assuming 1-2+ adds)
Damage CD's: Avenging Wrath in conjunction with ES, ES on CD
Priority for HP: DS with a EDS and FV buff> DS with FV (Only when there are at least two targets) > FV until EDS procs
Priority for HP Generation: CS > Exorcism > Judgement
If everything is somehow on CD: Best Elf Racial, Sacred Shield.

Seraphim Priorities: Get and maintain 5 holy power (Standard boss rotation assuming single target with possible single add)
Damage CD's: Avenging Wrath in conjunction with ES, ES on CD
Priority for HP: Seraphim (On CD or aligned with ES and AV) > Templars Verdict
Priority for HP Generation: CS > Exorcism > Judgement
If everything is somehow on CD: Belf Racial, Sacred Shield. EDS

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Started in <Hell> Blackrock-US, left to join <We Lust on Trash> and raid with my real life friends.
<We Lust on Trash> Transfers to Thrall-US and becomes <Raiding Past Bedtime>
Leave <RPB> due to incompetent raid leaders and attendance issues leading zero mythic progression
Joins <Nulli Secundum> and progresses for awhile until guild decides to take a break before HFC.
<NS> Kills 12/13 Heroic, and loses 4 members, leaving us 6 down for mythic, so I left before it falls too far behind in progress. Joins <Dystopia>
<Dystopia> kills Heroic Archimonde, and then proceeds to kill the first 3 mythic bosses, lose two people to attendance issues, loses a tank, a healer, and raid leader/GM. Remaining officers decide to call it, RIP in peace <Dystopia>
Now Tokiez is guildless.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #boss=1800
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I found you on the forums, I know no one in your guild, I want to join SM because I feel that we have the same mentality when it comes to raiding. I like to have fun when I play games, WoW is a game, I don't want to feel shitty when I play it. I have fun with WoW when I am killing new bosses, and having a good time with other competent players, that also want to kill end tier bosses. I like to earn things in games that not a lot of people have (Cutting Edge, achievements, mounts, etc.) SM is also progressed about as far as I feel I should be progressed. I feel that I am good enough at this game to kill 13/13M, I can't however do that with the people I have been raiding with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to get carried. If I couldn't pull my own weight I wouldn't even bother apping. SM seems like a home to a player like me, and I want to be a part of it.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 4GB Graphics card, i7 Processor, 16GB RAM, typical FPS is around 90
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below. http://www.pingtest.net/result/131784426.png
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4705360956
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Xiun
User

Re: Tokiez- Thrall (US) Application

Postby Xiun » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:59 am

I fuckin see it

Tokiez
User

Postby Tokiez » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Shhhhh, no one needs to know!

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 am

Your priorities are wrong.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Tokiez
User

Postby Tokiez » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 am

How so? I'm speaking from experience of how I've maximized my damage, but if I can get it even higher please explain.

Tokiez
User

Postby Tokiez » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:42 am

Like, even if you decide I'm an idiot with how I've been doing it, I'm going to want to know for the future and other apps if I'm getting declined.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:32 am

you're gearing for mastery, but using exo ahead of judge.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:46 am

I guess I was just hoping you'd say something like "well according to such and such as my source, this is optimal".

Tokiez
User

Postby Tokiez » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:27 am

Well if it's not too late, I've been using exo ahead of judgement this entire time because I've been reading my mastery stat completely wrong, and honestly thought exo was being buffed by mastery. So understanding that, I'd change my rotation to CS>Judgement>Exo. My original source (Apparently my ability to read) was incorrect, thanks for helping me see that.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”