Torna - 699 Feral Druid

Even Baddier Baddies
Tornadoz
User

Torna - 699 Feral Druid

Postby Tornadoz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 31
- Number of Testicles: My body didn't came with any. Should I return it for one that has at least 2?
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I didn't because I never felt like I needed it. I only got hacked once and that was when the login process got changed from the account name to the email. I was using the same email at a lot of places so the hackers only had to figure out my password. Anyway, I understand the concern for not having that extra safety linked to the account and I just ordered one. I should receive it next week.
- How long have you played WoW: If been playing for about 9 years. Started playing shortly after the release of Blackwing Lair.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

On resto shaman while it was current.
Cleared MC, BWL, and 3 bosses of the original Naxx when it was current.
Cleared Kara, SSC and BT. Only killed 1 boss in Sunwell, guild broke apart at that time and I took a break.
Cleared New Naxx.

On Boomkin while it was current.
Did more then half of Ulduar.

As Feral while it was current.
Cleared TotC except Anub'Arak on heroic.
Cleared ICC except for Lich King on heroic.
Cleared BWD except for Nef on heroic.
Killed only the first two boss of BoT on heroic.
Cleared FL except for Ragnaros on heroic,
Cleared DS on heroic...... way too often for that pittyful raid.
Cleared MV on heroic except for Emperor.
Cleared HoF on heroic except for Empress.
Cleared TES on normal but didn't do it on heroic.
Cleared ToT on normal but only cleared 6 bosses in heroic.
Cleared SoO on mythic.
Cleared HM on mythic except for Imperator.
Cleared 7/10 of BRF on mythic.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Tornadoz, feral druid
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... doz/simple

- Race & why you chose it: Tauren; I chose it because it was the only race available to druid on horde when I created it. I didn't felt like switching to troll because well haste is feral's worst stat and this expansion I've been rewarded by gaining more crit dmg by being tauren.

- Professions and why you choose them: I chose alchemy since I enjoy being able to craft my own flasks and potions I need for raiding and the increase on duration by being an alchemist is nice. Leatherworking to be able to craft myself gear less relevant now that all the gear a LW can craft is boe.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I've played Guardian in the past that said I ain't good at staying calm under pressure as a tank. Currently my offspec is boomkin as I feel it's a best spec to have to complement feral as both spec have different strength; That is I need more practice with it to become efficient with the spec. ATM I would only be a carry with it when it comes to end game raiding.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
As feral really excel at single target or 2 targets encounter I prefer building my main set to be around crit then multistrike being the 2 top single target stats. That said I will also try to gather gear with mastery when it comes to aoe encounters.
I don't think feral really have any break points this expansion. In the past you had to make sure you didn't go over the cap for hit/exp and you didn't want to have too much crit as the more crit you had the less efficient it became. That said with agility not giving crit rating anymore we have a lot less then I remember having at the end of last expansion.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

Before starting I play with Bloodtalon as I feel it more efficient in most cases then Lunar,

Single target
Healing Touch pre-pull, Prowl, 1 sec before use pull potion, open up with rake. Reincarnate, shred until energy below 40 (2-3 times usually), use Tiger Fury with Berserk and trinket use proc. Apply rip at 5 combo points (alias CP). Then built up more cp using Shred and use Ferocious bite at 5 cp (Repeat for the duration of the Berserk duration).

Gotta make sure rake, rip and savage roar are always up.

You can renew buff (savage roar) and debuff (rake, rip) before it expires as the duration will add up that is there's a limit.
Rake will only add up 4 sec, rip 6 sec and savage roar about 12 sec. It is good to renew rip and rake when you have bloodtalon proc available and or trinket procs as it will increase their dmg. It is also better to renew rip with 5 cps as its more damage overall and to renew savage roar with 5 cp as it will cost less energy overall.

Use healing touch when you have 4 or 5 combo pts to gain the bloodtalon buff and increase the dmg of the next 2 attacks which should be a build up attack (rake or shred) combined with rip or ferocious bite.

On aoe keep Thrash up. Renewing it when you have an Omen of clarity up is a good idea as its our most costly ability,

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

The guilds I remember.

Devierum: I left when the guild fell apart back in cata.
Dark Carnival: I left because the guild fell apart back in sunwell.
Redemption: Left the guild because it was too casual for me. Joined the guild at the beginning of WotLK and stayed for a tier. I joined because the guild was on the same server and a friend convinced me to try it out.
No Limits: I left because I got tired of the atmosphere of the guild and the shitty attitude of the leaders. Screaming at people, kicking people out of the guilds just for fun... Stayed with them during Ulduar.
Muteki: Stayed in the guild from ICC until ToT. I left because leaders decided to stop raiding and most players were leaving.
Side project: My last guild. Another guild that pretty much fell apart after leaders decided to stop raiding.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): Image
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
Last raid we killed bosses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kgCRaVmz2PXxHZq4
For more logs (we didn't raid since April): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/217
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I don't think I know anyone at the moment in the guild. I found you after onenote replied to my post on the wow recruitment forum. After chatting with both him and storm, I think I could enjoy it here, that is if you believe I could be a good addition to your team.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? i5-4460 3.20GHz/8GB/Geforce GTX 660 varies between 40 to 60 depending on encounter on high. I can lower my settings if fps becomes an issue.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
I couldn't do the packet loss installed Java and turned off firewall and well it still didn't work.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
I ain't an artist I tried to come up with something hopefully it does the job.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application

Tornadoz
User

Re: Torna

Postby Tornadoz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 pm

AH man I'm an idiot forgot to title my post properly before submitting it and I don't know how to update my post once its posted. If you want to delete it, I can repost it. Or may you please change the title. Or decline it and I'll repost it right away sorry for the mess up.

Title should be : Tornadoz 699 Feral

grouch
Admin

Re: Torna

Postby grouch » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Tornadoz wrote:AH man I'm an idiot forgot to title my post properly before submitting it and I don't know how to update my post once its posted. If you want to delete it, I can repost it. Or may you please change the title. Or decline it and I'll repost it right away sorry for the mess up.

Title should be : Tornadoz 699 Feral

not a problem, all set.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Stormingire
User

Re: Torna - 699 Feral Druid

Postby Stormingire » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:12 am

From the sounds of it you decided to go forward with feral, and not switch to boomkin. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just curious with what swayed you in that direction.

That said, I don't see anything that jumps out to me as concerning, so I'm going to let our dps players bring up anything they see. All in all, good stuff here.

Tornadoz
User

Postby Tornadoz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:56 am

Stormingire wrote:From the sounds of it you decided to go forward with feral, and not switch to boomkin. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just curious with what swayed you in that direction.

Back in Ulduar boomkin was really really simple and after playing a tier with that spec I was looking toward more challenge. Feral had multiple aspects that interested me: being melee dps oriented, being challenging it was said to be the hardest class to play properly in the game at the time, moving faster then most classes, etc.

I just never got bored of the spec so I stuck with it. Yes it may not be as balance as some classes right now and yes its sometimes frustrating to me to be asked to sit just because my spec isn't ranking as high as other classes for the encounter we are working on.

I never had specced again boomkin in raid and really tried to push the spec since I did the change back in Ulduar. And well I got really surprised at the rotation change and what they got to look for now to be efficient when I tried to build my boomkin set and work it out. It feels to me like it changed a lot more then kitty but maybe that's just because I didn't practice through the changes like I did with feral.

Anyway in BRF I was able to come in for the progression as feral for every other bosses after Darmac. So I didn't felt as pushed to learn boomkin. But yes it would help my efficiency in raid to be able to play both dps spec.

Anyway I hope it answers your question. Feral just feels natural to me and I never seem to get bored.

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:26 am

Would you be available for a mumble interview at 12:10 am est on the 30th (that's about 24 hours from now)?

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Due to inactivity and having already transfered somewhere else, I'm going to deny this app.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”