Frag- Assassination/Combat rogue.

Baddies
Frag
User

Frag- Assassination/Combat rogue.

Postby Frag » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:27 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
I'm 23 years old, and I live in Minneapolis, MN.
- Number of Testicles:
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
I do.
- How long have you played WoW:
I have played since the end of vanilla, about a month or so before TBC.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
TBC I killed, Vash/Kael pre-nerf.
WoTLK, I raided casual with friends and half pugs for most of it, but cleared Naxx and up to Yogg on 10 man, Mimiron on 25.
Cata, Raided casually at first. Cleared mostly normals due to raiding with friends. Did some heroic DS towards the end, cleared up to the Spine on my alt prior to MoP patch.
MoP, Cleared ToES on Jan 20th 2013, ToT on June 23rd, and SoO on Feb 9th.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Frag, Rogue.
- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... g/advanced
- Race & why you chose it:
Troll, Mainly for the mini bloodlust it provides. It's looking a bit lackluster compared to other choices now though.

- Professions and why you choose them:
I'm engi, and LW. Engi I picked because the agi on use glove was a good boost to damage when you lined it up with other CDs; such as Sblades, Vendetta, AR, Killing Spree, and Berserking in my case. LW basically just because agi was the best. This shouldn't matter as much next xpac, although I always like having a scribe so I can make a deck for myself ASAP at the start.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
I generally tend to stick to assassination(MS) or combat(OS), I play both fairly well. I'm better at assassination for sure though, but I'm not bad at combat by any means. I can play sub, I'm just not amazing at it.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Well previously it varied for assassination from fight to fight for what was actually optimal. All around agi>mastery>haste=crit for most situations. Generally just because poisons make up so much of the damage, and in a movement situation haste isn't great because you simple don't always have melee range on something. Essentially wasting the haste both in terms of auto attacks gained and energy regen.
Combat is pretty straight forward, haste, haste, haste. Not much else to say about it, with how much damage you get from auto attacks, main gauge, poisons, and the higher cost of SS since changes, it only makes sense.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Assassination, maintain SnD through envenom refreshes, maintain rupture, and and envenom for damage. Pretty basic, key is keeping the uptime on the envenom buff high, spacing them a bit so you don't cap energy, yet don't let the buff drop is the goal. Multi target generally if the mobs last long enough you want to multi rupture several of them, if they're going to die insanely fast you're better off just lining up your rupture on the boss for regen and then a 5 point envenom right before the mobs are available to attack then spamming FoK. Ideally you'd pool energy before as well, of course you don't always get the ideal situation.

Combat, maintain SnD, build Cp's with Sinister strike, maintain Revealing Strike, you use to use rupture but of course that's gone now. So essentially you're left burning extra points on eviscerate as a filler. Multi target you basically just keep the same rotation only with blade flurry active, try to stand in the middle of the mobs so the damage bounces to whatever else is nearby to hit, same rotation.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Relentless- All of TBC as well as the beginning of WoTLK and FL/DS. First time I left was because as a group they decided to stop raiding once they had lost some people. In Dragon Soul I left because i wanted to raid a bit more seriously, we were on one of the lowest population servers in the US. Asked them if they'd xfer, answer was no; so i moved on. We were pugging 1-2 people every raid, just got old.

Faded Dreams, T14. I was here for the beginning of T14. Leadership was wonky, they kicked our raid leader/Main tank. Just fell apart from there, decided to make a 10 man with some of the better players from there following that.

Wyze/The Sequel. T14-T16. As I said above it was formed with some of the people from Faded Dreams. We did fairly well that first tier, not quite as well in t15 or 16 though. I left because we had problems over christmas, our warlock quit, then one of our healers, a shaman. Was too much to replace, so they decided we were done raiding.

Giggity. Current guild, I decided to move on from raiding here because of regression. We killed garrosh once, then proceeded to wipe 3 weeks straight to it. I wouldn't mind one week or something, but when we've killed something and it's simply people not executing mechanics correctly, it gets old. Still in the guild, however I have not raided with them since March.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://imgur.com/sH8NlF8

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/area%2052/frag/
and logs from before I changed my name.
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/area%2052/fraggeh/
previous tiers this xpac
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/blackhand/fraggeh/
more logs
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/darkspear/fraggeh/
and Cata
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/tortheldrin/fraggy/

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I spoke with Grouch back when my old guild was disbanding, got offered a spot in different a guild on the server i was already on and it didn't cost me money to tryout there so i went with them. I like the atmosphere when I listened to you guys raid back then, it was more a situation of right place with the other guild. Plus I didn't feel like xfering all my other toons either.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
i5 2400, Radeon 6850. Generally I get 35-60 fps depending on the fight. Something like elegon saps performance a bit, whereas a fight like spirit kings is pretty tame and the fps is better. Lag spikes from my PC haven't been an issue for me.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3843064068
http://www.pingtest.net/result/108724573.png Not certain was was blocking packets, I had java enabled on the page.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Well I didn't draw it, but I stenciled it for my Battlefield 4 emblem. I'm a terrible artist, you don't want to see what I'm capable of drawing by hand.
http://imgur.com/dNVqlZl

and I threw in what was supposed to be a cat, but turned out more like a bat.
http://imgur.com/X410QXo

Mooby
User

Re: Frag- Assassination/Combat rogue.

Postby Mooby » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Hey Frag,

Paranoia here, one of the resident rogues, after skimming over your app I can faithfully say you aren't a true shit lord like most of the rogues that apply, and actually know the class a bit.

I haven't gotten to look further into your logs just quite yet, so the only questions I have for you right now are some for the upcoming expansion.

We are getting a few new glyphs, as well as the new level 100 tier talents. In your mind, what are the three optimal major glyphs and 100 talent for Assassination and / or Combat.

Good luck on your application.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Frag
User

Postby Frag » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm

For assassination Ven is still a must have, Shadow Focus+ Disappearance is going to also be a main stay, as for the last glyph it'll be situation based. Similar to DK's absorbing damage for RP with AMS, rogues more than likely will be doing the same with evasion and Energy flows glyph. If there's zero cleaves/whirlwinds to dodge, I'll end up using either feint, smoke bomb, or sprint. Depending on whether or not damage reduction is needed, movement is needed, or absorbing something like thok AoE's. Best all around I'd say Ven/Disappearance/Sprint. Versatile, and solid choices in virtually any situation; however not necessarily optimal for all. Energy could be another option in order to get into your rotation quickly as well. I just don't see it however, it might be decent at the start of a fight, or for heavy movement, but aside from those small periods of time it doesn't do much.

Combat is going to see the same use of disappearance+ Shadow Focus. Beyond that it's really going to be on a situational basis.

As far as talents are concerned I'm thinking Death from Above could be a strong contender for aoe situations with "bursty" aoe. Something similar to what I described in a scenario where the adds die fast, e.g. not Council of Elders in ToT, think garrosh adds. Venom Rush might be strong on a fight like Council, however I'm not convinced with it. We'll see how it goes with that, with the changes to FoK being affected by Seal Fate it's certainly less needed than had they not made that change, much, much, much, easier to maintain ruptures with a lower ilvl now than it was in ToES/HoF/MSV. Finally Shadow Reflection I think is going to be the winner single target provided you're able to line it up with things trinket procs, and vendetta. Think more along the lines of something you'd use on Iron Jugg. If it were a fight like council I think Venom Rush wins out though, 15% regen for the whole fight is quite strong, although quite boring compared to the other two choices.
Death from Above, burst aoe, Venom Rush 3+ rupture maintainable fights, Shadow Reflection single target.

As for comat, I'm thinking the 15% energy regen from Venom Rush will be fairly strong. Now that are points aren't locked to a target the only downside is losing RS on the target when you swap. With how energy regen will be initially having to switch targets auto attack to get Deadly on 2 off targets then swapping back to the main target won't be much of an issue. Shadow Reflection again I think is going to be fairly strong if you line it up with red buff, AR, etc. Death From above for this spec is looking poor though, when I see it for assassination I'm looking more so at the envenom buff it's providing for burst.
Venom Rush Multi target, Shadow Reflection single.

Theorizing as well, I didn't have a chance to do any beta raid testing yet; just leveling thus far.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 am

Frag - Thanks for applying. We are currently discussing our roster. We would like to have a mumble interview with you soon. I will get back to you today with time, etc.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Frag
User

Postby Frag » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:38 pm

Going to be around from 6:30-8, then I'll be gone till about 10, should be around from then till like 2 am or so. All times as EST.

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:13 pm

can you make 8pm est tomorrow night?

Frag
User

Postby Frag » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Yep.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”