Azzarius WW/BrM Monk

Even Baddier Baddies
Azzarius
User

Azzarius WW/BrM Monk

Postby Azzarius » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:  27, Masschusetts

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): usually 4-5 nights a week, usually on anywhere from 6pm - 12 pm EST

- Number of Testicles: 2, and to be honest, I can't believe I've managed to hold on to both of them after all the trauma they've been through, I'll tell ya about it sometime, you'll probably get a laugh out of it.

- Can you attend raids on these days: 
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Sunday: yes

- Do any others have access to your account? Nope

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yup

- How long have you played WoW: I've had an account since vanilla

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 
I've been raiding since WoTLK, healed in naxx and uld, dpsed and tanked in ICC.
I took a break at the start of Cata and came back at the ass end of firelands (and damn sorry i did, that raid looked like fun to progress through) though i did the content while it was relevant in my guild's farm runs,
raided dragon soul downing all but madness on heroic
MoP has been rough ground for me raiding, was still really good friends with people in my old guild and stayed longer then I should have while it fell apart out of loyalty, it cost me my progression during t14, and caused me to take a break during t15.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Azzarius, Monk

- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren, because sitting there at the faction change i thought to myself "I really, REALLY want to see a tauren roundhouse and somersault.) and with WoD changes to racials, I suspect tauren will have a solid edge with the bonus to crit damage/healing modifiers

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Azzarius/advanced (to be noted, I am aware my wrists aren't enchanted and my weapon is only windsong, switching servers has left me woefully broke, and with constant gear upgrades its been really hard to afford to keep it all up to date) correct enchants would be agi on bracers and dancing steel on weapon.

- Can you describe the ruckus? 
this question confuses me, any fool knows you don't describe the ruckus
you bring the ruckus, and you use it's proper name, "The Mother Fucking Ruckus", because it ain't nothing to fuck with.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering because lulz glider, also Synaspe makes it the strongest profession for me.
Enchanting was taken because with WoD coming around and removing profession combat bonuses, I wanted to focus more on self sufficiency and it was the one profession that was easy to level without a gathering profession. (aware it's not capped, I just very recently dropped mining for it.)

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? BrM/WW I pick between these fairly often, as reflected in the fact my characters haste/expertise are balanced around this, LFR is a dull, hellish wasteland, and as such it's refreshing to juggle between the two, also does wonders to help keep me sharp in how to play both.
I have done MW in SoO flex when my old guild attempted to rally, so I have experience in that spec as well, and while it is fun, I would prefer not to have to do it.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My gear is built to support my tank spec, because if I would rather my LFR dps suffer in exchange for my tanking being more reliable and better capable of surviving when i inevitably get a group of durpy healers.
and since BrM stat weights vary wildly between the needs of the tank and the content they are in, I'll explain my choices for that.
Haste is set to be around 8k, reasoning being I take ascension as my energy/chi management talent when I tank, and 8k tends to be the point where you have more then enough resource to manage everything you need to, and cover the out of the ordinary that is so very ordinary in LFR.
the choice between crit and haste is chosen by the damage the bosses do in LFR, the melee swings don't justify a massive boost to mastery, so crit becomes the better choice because of its ability to increase both survival and dps, the change in this is right about where I am now with gear, I have about 31% without crit buff, and I feel that mastery is now going to give me stronger gains in survivability.

and since I'm applying for a WW position primarily, gear choice for that would be agi>Haste to around 10-12k (still messing around with some numbers there)>crit>mastery. hit and exp to cap (7.5%) above all, obviously, but I feel i should mention them anyways for sake of completion.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
WW: fortuitous spheres - helps bring me out of the red zone during massive blasts of raid damage
zen meditation - instantly makes this spell a hell of a lot more useful
spinning crane kick - for fights where I need a bit of AoE damage (not enough to justify speccing to RJW)

BrM: Enduring Spheres - free health left around for longer, hard to argue against it.
Fortifying brew - Damage reduction is almost always better then extra health
Leer of the Ox - On add heavy fights, it has its uses.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? 

the priorities for the WW are maintaining the tiger power debuff, then after that RSK>FoF, provided this does not hinder you, while also not being clipped by other skills coming off CD, or causing you to cap energy>burning combo breaker procs>chi wave>black out kicks to dump
chi generation will be jabs, and expel harm should you also need the healing

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? 

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I had knight in vanilla, sadly this was on a different account. =/

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: 
WotLK was band of the berserk till it broke up, then dark theory till just before cata when they dissolved as well.
Cata was requiem of dawn from firelands all the way into MoP
MoP was Requiem up until I took my break.
currently guildless.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/galaan413/media/yup/WoWScrnShot_041814_195328_zps5b984c9b.jpeg.html (if you need a larger shot, I'll be happy to provide another.)

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cdgkv4pm6c6u1tzy/details/0/?s=1537&e=1808

- Alts & their name/level: azzarius/90war druiness/90druid, both are on different servers usually to play with a friend. Knowing that heroics can sometimes require raid stacking, I would be happy to provide an alt going forward into WoD for the sake of pushing progression.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Skype = Galaan516

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Grouch responded to my post in MMO-Champion, Aside from that, never met anyone from here before

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? of the responses my ads have gotten, your guild was the one who took the time to actually send me a response that was quality. Then after spending some time on your site checking out you guys and your progress, I enjoyed how you guys are able to make impressive progress while also keeping things fairly light hearted, it the kind of guild I'd love to be a part of.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 
3.4 GHz I7
8GB DDR3 1600
GTX680MX 2GB
60+ frames

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.netLink the results below. 
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3448361167 (while WoW was running)

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). http://smg.photobucket.com/user/galaan4 ... d.jpg.html

grouch
Admin

Re: Azzarius WW/BrM Monk

Postby grouch » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:43 pm

thanks for applying! apologies if there aren't too many responses for a few days, we're currently on farm and it's the weekend, so there's less forum-check'ing than usual for most of our members. i do have a few questions for you though.

Azzarius wrote:I took a break at the start of Cata and came back at the ass end of firelands

do you expect any more breaks in the foreseeable future?

Azzarius wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren, because sitting there at the faction change i thought to myself "I really, REALLY want to see a tauren roundhouse and somersault.) and with WoD changes to racials, I suspect tauren will have a solid edge with the bonus to crit damage/healing modifiers

if tauren is not the best race for your class/job would you consider changing to whatever is? we don't require people be any particular race in this guild however it's nice when you're able to.

Azzarius wrote:switching servers has left me woefully broke, and with constant gear upgrades its been really hard to afford to keep it all up to date)

i'm not sure how transferring with dollars equates to you being broke in-game.. but you should try to remedy this asap. if you have the time you can make a fair amount of gold from doing daily quests and selling things created via your professions.

Azzarius wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? BrM/WW I pick between these fairly often

are you willing to keep a set of gear for a second spec ready and are you willing to play an off-spec from time-to-time in raids as needed? this shouldn't happen often but sometimes it helps our comp during progression.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Azzarius
User

Postby Azzarius » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:33 pm

-do you expect any more breaks in the foreseeable future?

No, I have no intentions of taking a break, I'm looking to finish this xpac strong and make solid progress into the next one!

-if tauren is not the best race for your class/job would you consider changing to whatever is? we don't require people be any particular race in this guild however it's nice when you're able to.

I'm more then willing to race change to help improve my performance.

-i'm not sure how transferring with dollars equates to you being broke in-game.. but you should try to remedy this asap. if you have the time you can make a fair amount of gold from doing daily quests and selling things created via your professions.

Working on it, should have a decent gold flow soon!

-are you willing to keep a set of gear for a second spec ready and are you willing to play an off-spec from time-to-time in raids as needed? this shouldn't happen often but sometimes it helps our comp during progression.

Of course!

Startropic
User

Postby Startropic » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:15 pm

I didn't see anything about Tigereye usage. How do you usually handle this during a fight?

Touch of Karma glyph can be arguably said to be a must have just due to fights that you may not be in melee range and need to use it asap.

SCK glyph I haven't found a use for really as most fights that require AoE you're going RJW anyways and the fights that you do use Xuen don't have anything that you'd be needing to use SCK on the move.

Azzarius
User

Postby Azzarius » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Currently, I use it at 10+ provided that I have resource to make good use of it.

With better trinkets and considering the fact it can stack to 20 without incurring waste means I would line it up with trinket procs to maximize the effect it has, or at 18+ stacks to prevent overcapping.

Thanks for the insight on the karma gylph, I'll start making standard use of it.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 am

Your item level is extremely low and you don't have your meta/cloak (I believe you are on the secrets portion of the quest line). So I have to ask, why should Simple Math take a chance on you?

I know you mentioned that you were missing enchants but you are also missing an engi enchant on your belt? Tinkers are cheap.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 pm

i haven't seen any improvements on your character since we spoke three days ago. this app can't go any farther until your ilevel is 540+ and you have more experience.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Azzarius
User

Postby Azzarius » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:28 am

My application was accepted with another guild, which is a little bit lower ranked then you, I think we both agree right now I probably would be better suited there.

Thank you so much for taking a look at my application, and I hope coming into WoD with a bit more experience and gear, should I need to find a new home, you guys would be willing to relook at my application.

Good Luck in warlords guys! happy hunting!

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”