Felphyre - Resto Shaman (or whatever spec be needed)

Baddies
Felphyre
User

Felphyre - Resto Shaman (or whatever spec be needed)

Postby Felphyre » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:06 am

!!NOTE!!
At the time of me making this, this character is only Item Level 714, currently locked in battle with gear dropping for me from heroics... they are hoarding their gear i say!
i am raiding and pugging heroic as much as i can for finishing my gear, so hopes to that.

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20 | Southern California
- Number of Testicles: Two (last checked 5 minutes ago)
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: about to hit a year next month
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Cleared 13/13 norm and heroic HFC and some older content.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Felphyre the Shaman

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Felphyre/advanced

- Race & why you chose it: Pandaren. Originally i just found it to be interesting and cool, then i realized they have a really cool food passive which has proven useful, along with bouncy which has just made things easier.

- Professions and why you choose them: Engineering and Enchanting. Engineering because it was interesting and fun, it allows me to have cool things such as glider cape, gravity well and other cool and even useful utilities (mailbox anyone?)
Enchanting is simply for self reliance on self enchanting and potential moneymaking in the future.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I primarily play a Healer, but i do play enhancement for overworld content and pvp. as an aside, i did level with elemental and can go back at the expense of enhance. (if need be, ill brush up ele in PTR)

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
For Resto, My priority (hopefully to be reflected on gear) is Mastery>Spirit>Haste>Crit>Verse>Multi. Mastery is for the Deep Healing ability, where the lower my targets health, the stronger my healing is on them. Obviously, very strong this should remain my highest stat reaching anywhere from 95% to 110% (gear dependent of course). Spirit follows this, but only in its priority to cap, since in this case there is no clear cap, it is just until it feels comfortable enough to sustain mana during a long pull. too little and i will starve my mana, too much and my other stats will suffer. next comes haste for quicker casts to ensure i get someone just before they die. after which comes crit. crit in general is helpful for bigger heals, but in this case has a second use tied to Resurgence, an ability that will refund mana when i crit a cast of certain moves. Very helpful for that extra bit of juice to allow me to get a bit extra loose with my casting. after this i feel that versitility is just much more straight forward. if i have 10% verse, i will be doing 5% better healing. very simple math (see what i did there?) While multistrike can at points be stronger in burst, its usefullness is shot down when you realize its unable to trigger Resurgence, meaning if i want more Resurgence procs, i have to lessen the gap that will allow crits to land on multistrikes by lessening multistrike as a stat. that and its gone next Xpac.

For enhancement, stat prio i am looking for is Haste>Mastery>Multi>Verse>Crit. Haste is simply the best stat for us. it just gives me more maelstrom generation and reducing the cooldowns of many of my attacks (this soft caps around 50% and will become least favored stat after around soft cap.). following this is mastery due to the elemental damage (Frost, Flame, Nature, etc...). Versitility stays about the same since its need is not that great, but now we flip the need of multistrike and critical strike. the reason is that, unlike in resto spec, there is no true crit benefit aside from increased damage. so multistrike can be here and have no negative potential, meaning i can have higher multi with med level crit allowing my multistrikes to potentially proc crits, simply stacking damage. Of course i could be really stupid sounding when i say this, but thats what it feels like. i definitely feel like i have gotten a majority of my crits on multistrikes.

i didnt quite understand the question, so i gave what i thought was useful and necessary.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: In Resto, I will lead off with a Healing rain, setting it up either on the tanks and stacked melee dps or on the ranged dps/healers depending on the fight. following this ill usually set up a healing stream totem(which is both glyphed and talented) immediately projecting it to wherever its needed most. after the opening i send out riptides to the two most damaged people, and if nobody is severely damaged, one remains on one of the tanks. depending on the type of damage being sustained, i will use an unleash life to set up for either a chain heal or healing wave depending on whether the damage is AoE or single target. on cooldown, i will repeatedly use healing stream totem for smart healing and, if stacking (either tight or loose) then healing rain also for some AoE healing. Also on cooldown, i will use Elemental blast for its spirit gain and the free 8 second stat booost.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Game Grumps guild, and i am not fully leaving. This toon would probably be leaving, but i would leave a toon in the other guild to hang out with.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
https://gyazo.com/c5aa98fe8dcd45a6a71342b5025885e5 enjoy the LFR i was in XD
(p.s. there were some hidden elements that i forgot to load up for this.)

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13361654/8/#metric=hps&boss=0&bracket=11

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? a few people who helped me out with starting raiding are in this guild and i figured i would be a nice place to progress to.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I run an i7-4790k GPU, 16 gigs of DDR3 Ram, a Gtx 970 Graphics card. my fps is mostly at 60 fps, and even in fights such as zhul, gorefiend and archimonde, i never dip below 50, or have yet to.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5281901252
https://gyazo.com/cc96651117c90ea24febecfe409aa19f

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
https://gyazo.com/e1c7da7be469ebea075532b35f429edf

Felphyre
User

Re: Felphyre - Resto Shaman (or whatever spec be needed)

Postby Felphyre » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:47 am

!!Update!!
this is an example of my new ui look
https://gyazo.com/662ed792a0a4fed6b96f96b1f1425474

also, in regards to my legendary ring, i am working on it, but did not start long ago to even getting it. i am on at this second 19 tomes and still have a chance for around 5 more this week. so it is likely i could finish the ring in a week or two.

Thanks again for checking me out ^.^

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:42 pm

If asked to play as a DPS spec full time would that be something you would consider?

Felphyre
User

Postby Felphyre » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:32 pm

i mean sure, but i am not sure i would be completely comfortable with it. I am used to healing, but i would definitely give going dps a shot. i guess it would be fine. if you need me to dps, i would be cool with it. just know i can also heal if need be, and i am assuming you would want me to go ele yes?

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:43 pm

I only ask because with the current raiding environment we are using less healers to kill HFC bosses faster and that situation only allows for many situations to judge a applicants playing ability.

Felphyre
User

Postby Felphyre » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:25 pm

okay completely understood. i am already taking time now to practice Elemental in PTR to get a feel for it. it seems relatively simple from what i am gathering so far.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”