User

Zurathustra - DK dps from Arthas US

Postby zuzu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
31 New Jersey

- Number of Testicles:
2.4 (ish)

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Yes.

- How long have you played WoW:
I started in early-mid burning crusade.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I did hardcore progression tanking during TBC clearing all of tier 4/5 content, cleared hyjal and up to RoS in black temple all while it was current. Then 3.0 was released and The Great Nerf took away any desire to faceroll the content. During wrath I main switched to death knight DPS and cleared sarth +3, algalon with glory of the ulduar raider, and LK 25 when it was all current while ignoring the bad jokes that were naxx and ToC. I stopped playing in early cata after clearing the initial raid and being bored with the broken and buggy content and didn't play at all in MoP because dailys.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Zurathustra, deathknight.
battle tag: Zurathustra#1499

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... a/advanced

- Race & why you chose it:
The racial passives of bonus crit and such are "meh" across all races, but the aoe silence is especially unique. I learned early by playing a prot paladin in TBC how invaluable it could be. Combined with a melee interrupt and a silence making a potential 3 total interrupts (more of you count grips as a ghetto interrupt) on a single character is beyond useful. It is far superior to a war stomp as not only is it instant, it generates resources to add more dps and more mobs are immune to stuns than silences and even when the silence does not work it will still interrupt.I love being able to help group up casters when grip is on CD or needed at a later moment, and in current content the extra interrupt has been invaluable on numerous encounters.

And the hair. Fabulous hair adds 300 dps. Trust me. I did the math.

- Professions and why you choose them:
Blacksmithing and enchanting. I chose smithing for the bonus gem sockets back when it mattered and when bonuses were removed I moved to enchanting for immense convenience. Now I use them both to make oodles of gold.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Tri spec actually, and often. I play mainly DW frost, but can play all aspects of unholy just as well when it is better for a particular fight. As for blood I am no stranger to needing to emergency tank when the guild's tank is late and regularly solo heroics, mythic 5s, and WoD world bosses just for the fun of it.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
For my main spec, I try to gear towards mastery and multi strike so that when I need to play a different spec my gear will be just as well suited to it. DW frost wants mastery above all while the other stats are especially close together in value with haste being slightly better than the rest and versatility giving a flat DR with roughly equal dps to mult and crit being worse than intellect.

As for unholy It also enjoys mastery though not as much as multi strike, but with mastery coming in a close second for ST and overtaking mult in aoe makes it just as good to have mastery gems since wide spread aoe is when I would play unholy in the first place with current tuning.

Lastly for blood it is bonus armor, mastery and more mastery with vers being "ok-ish" and mult/crit being terrible for survival purposes which is how I always play and gear for tanking. But when trying to solo Drov or Kaz or for when I want to have some fun on farm content the stats flip and mult becomes awesome and mastery becomes pretty bad for super tank dps. Regardless of gearing style, mult (and haste by proxy) always fits into the subjective category because a blood DK tends to get to the hard GCD cap in decent gear on many encounters. While mult adds extra runic power we may not have the time to use it and haste at least gives more death strikes slightly faster. So in a general sense and not explicitly gearing for dps, the perfect amount of haste and mult for blood tends to be approximately "whatever you feel comfortable with." Give or take.

In the end its mastery for all the things, mult if I play unholy as my second spec more often and vers if I tank more on my second spec.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
I'll just describe DW as that is what most DK dps will be using in current content, though I would gladly go in depth for the other specs and their many sub specs if desired.

First we never use army outside of the pull or when there is nothing to attack since the ghoul's damage has been nerfed extensively. The only time I use it outside of pre pull is unhlyphed on kilrogg IF and only if I am being sent below as the taunting dorks do wonders for making life easy on the other two that come with me. Using it shortly after the initial 3 imps reach us almost guarantees that all three players will get the full 20 stack and can get back to business.

After that it's keep up my diseases (using outbreak when possible) and using plague leech as soon as I can get two runes back without capping myself. Plague leech is used even when necrotic palgue is chosen because the two runes are far more valuable than anything the plague could do since frost cannot extend the duration. DPS cooldowns when they're available or when most needed such as priority targets or high damage phases. Though with only having pillar as our CD and the short 1 minute recharge time, it is almost always going to be available when it is needed.

Then its the core of the frost deathknight; killing machine. We want to pop it with frost strike when possible, but also use obliterate if we do not have any RP available. This is another situation where the blood elf racial is wonderful as it almsot always gets in an extra frost strike for KM when it might just be an obliterate, when the silence isn't needed elsewhere of course. With the 4pc tier bonus I try to pool as many resources as I can without capping out to ensure that if I get lucky RNG I am able to unload as much as possible with a 100% crit chance leading to some amazing single target burst using very few globals.

Also we have soul reaper, the ever annoying (albeit powerful) DK execute. As DW frost, we use it any time we can get the damage in and always save either a rune or blood tap charges to be 100% certain that it goes on CD every time without fail. However this changes when there are multiple targets as the damage of howling blast on 3+ targets will be greater than a single soul reaper for the same rune cost. Unless of course the AoE that we would be doing is meaningless padding in which case we just focus on reaping for days.

And so long as SR is used on CD we should never, EVER cap resources. This is one of the many reasons why every DK spec should be using blood tap as RC can easily cap your runes which wastes a decent amount of what the talent gives in the first place.

And as a fun fact, soul reaper is why we use rune of the fallen crusader on out main hand because it will only proc from main hand swings. This changes when we get the discordant chorus trinket because for some odd reason, razor ice will proc the cleave so we switch the position of our runeforges to RI main hand and RotFC on the off hand. Though since the gain is so incredibly minimal it may be best to keep RI on the off hand so our executes get more up time with the strength proc since that tends to be where many fights are at their most difficult.

Aside from that there is the fight to fight specifics like AMZ, gorefiends, AMS, and defile. Defile is used on CD when the targets take full damage and the other parts of the tool kit are used when they are most needed or most effective. In regards to anti-magic shell in particular, it can be use as a large dps gain for sure, but that is actually its smallest benefit. Being able to ignore many mechanics can add more up time and therefore effective dps than even a full runic bar. Two notable and very fun examples for HFC is blitz on iron reaver and reap on high council.

The blitz ability is annoying because it takes away a massive amount of time on target for melee, but by using IBF in concert with AMS we can simply go for a ride with minimal damage, gain some bonus RP for lulz, and continue to dps the boss the entire ride across the zone, very sweet. And with high council, and to an extent Xul and gorefiend, the void zones that spawn from reap and similar abilities we can pop AMS just before they happen and then step into an already existing one so that we can conserve as much game space as possible for the raid with little cost. Combined with the glyph that can reduce the CD means that we can do this regularly.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
My current guild is Notice Us Senpai on Arthas US server. I am looking to leave because I can no longer consistently raid on Thursdays due to work and would miss a number of our raids. I am applying to your guild on a different server because out of all the mythic and beginning mythic guilds on arthas tend to raid 3 nights a week including Thursday so I would not be able to join them. All of the other guilds that raid in a schedule that I could work with are all normal or heroic only guilds and I am entirely interested in mythic progression.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
Angry assignments would be on the left above the raid frames, Iskar assist on the far right, and omen would be disabled if I am not tanking.

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/32163

This is for the entire month of July. I have had to tank in several raids due to our MT having family issues keeping him late on many nights and with new trials coming in I am having to make up for poor play on the part of other melee. So with the full month you should find exactly what you're looking for. If you prefer something specific feel free to ask.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I decided to apply to your guild specifically because your raid times fit my personal schedule perfectly. Secondly, and just as important, you do not have absurd requirements of members to maintain several highly geared alts at all times or require people to spend 400k on BoEs at the start of every tier. You also don't recruit for the bench which is something that prevents me from bothering to apply to many other guilds, especially off server ones. I play to raid, I do not play to sit on my hands.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I have an intel 3.0 quadcore with 4g of ram and a nVidia geForce gtx 650. As for my FPS during a raid, I have no idea as I never have had a reason to bother checking. Everything runs smoothly unless I'm live logging advanced combat logs on a 40m world boss with 20 alliance players trying to kill me for some strange reason.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4543471922
http://www.pingtest.net/result/127896560.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
So Fabulous!

Stormingire
User

Re: Zurathustra - DK dps from Arthas US

Postby Stormingire » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Would you be available to chat at 7:30 pm est tomorrow night?

zuzu
User

Postby zuzu » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:34 am

7:30pm EST tomorrow being august first? Yes, I'll be available. I'll be waking up shortly before then so I should be signed on wow for most of the day.
So Fabulous!

zuzu
User

Postby zuzu » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:06 am

Erm 31st I mean. Just noticed that the day changed over when I made my reply. Regardless, I'll be about ready to chat then.
So Fabulous!

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:47 pm

Pm'd the mumble info.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”