User

698 Frost/700 Unholy Dk

Postby Rickles » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 30 - Pennsylvania
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since mid BC - 440 days played on dk
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Currently 10/13 HFC 9 on norm (excluding kilrogg and gorefiend) 1 on heroic-socrethar, and have about an hr of attempts on norm archimonde and get the just of the first phase (65% best pull)
Was a casual player til CATA and then I was in a guild that only killed a few on heroic while current content. At the end was in a 25 man guild called Archetype who went 6/8 heroic DS pre-nerf. Guild went to 10 man post nerf and cleared 8/8 h for the final 2 months. In MoP, server lost everyone before merge, ended up getting server first H Emperor late in tier. Wanted a more serious raiding environment so joined a 25 man guild called Adapt mid-way through ToT and was with them for their first H Lei-Shen kill and then stuck with them from there on out. Finished US 144 in 25 man SoO and continued to clear for the next 6 months before WoD. Dropping to 20 man in WoD really hurt the guild, lost some players but ended up finishing 16/17 M (me 15/17M, was out of town the night they went back for M Imperator on an unscheduled raid day). Had a few sub 5% M BH pulls before guild dissolved last week.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Hashh - Frost/Unholy DK
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... h/advanced
- Race & why you chose it:
Blood Elf - First time ever being Horde, always like the Blood elf looks and the racial for the extra 20 runic power is kinda nice, reduces arcane dam by 1% and 1% crit (mostly like the way they look lol)
- Professions and why you choose them:
Engineering and Inscription - kept the same since WoD started, use to be for the synapse springs on gloves, still use rocket boots and my glider a lot; Inscription was so I could make the trinkets, own glyphs and the increased shoulder enchant pre-WoD. Ended up getting all the glyphs so kept it once professions changed.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
I'm currently playing dw frost with the changes to frost. Didn't get any mythic one handers in BRF but doing well with my current weapons but still a work in progress. I was unholy all of WoD so far. I played Unholy up until Firelands, switched to dw frost and have been switching between UH, 2H frost, dw frost since depending on which is best for an encounter. DW frost is my strongest spec imo though. Mostly UH for pvp
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
For dw - Mastery > Multistrike > Haste ~= Versatility > Critical Strike - choice of gear is based off sims for both main and OS's.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
At pull lil'rag pet + Pinchwhistle nitrofuel + ams (RP Build) + Army of the dead to start with full RP,potion, deaths advance, pillar of frost + on use trink (V. of Convulsive Shadows) outbreak, defile running in, frost strike x 2, hb x2, then i hb on frost/death runes and rime procs, frost strike to dump near capped rp or for KM procs, obliterate x 1 when unholy runes are capped. use defile on cd when the target will take a majority of the ticks. manage bloodtap to not cap charges and so that <35% health can soul reaper on cd. plague leech when 2 runes depleted. Diseases always up. AOE - defile apply blood plague, blood boil to spread diseases, howling blast like a mad man
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Adapt - after 5 yrs (was apart of it for 2) GM decided to quit and the officers decided to go other places. Slowly bleeding people since beginning of expac.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
http://i.imgur.com/C8PtvE2.jpg
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 287267/7/# - avg UH logs on M. Can talk a little bout this if have questions
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Posted on the forums and got a hoit from you guys. Talked to Oneshotmcgee a little in-game and decided to apply. Progression is the level I'm looking for. Watched a few of your fight videos seems like a solid group and good fit for me.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
HP - AMD A6-3650 APU with Radeon HD 6530D Graphics, 2600 Mhz; 8 GB RAM (actually looking to upgrade soon, have had this for 3 yrs but have never had an issue) 45-60 FPS during raid
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4466094535 - Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://i.imgur.com/rrKYOnN.png

grouch
Admin

Re: 698 Frost/700 Unholy Dk

Postby grouch » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Hashh wrote:- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://i.imgur.com/rrKYOnN.png

finally, someone who actually understands the death knight class.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:23 pm

I am curious about your UI. Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your UI hampers you from seeing important boss mechanics?

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:29 pm

I usually turn xCT+ off which is the scrolling combat text and compact runes i move around based on certain fight mechanics. I kind of plastered ti right there since i entered an lfr to get a screenshot. Honestly I haven't had any issues with the ui conflicting with mechanics. if i find something that does i rescale or move it

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:21 am

Would you be available for a mumble interview at 6:30 pm est today?

Rickles
User

Postby Rickles » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:06 am

yes i will be available and online around 5 pm est

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Okay, I'll pm you the mumble info later today.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”