Frost/Unholy DK Application

Even Baddier Baddies
Schwarze
User

Frost/Unholy DK Application

Postby Schwarze » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 8/11/1994. 20, Newfoundland, Canada.
- Number of Testicles: -2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes, I do.
- How long have you played WoW: 7 years, 2 months, 13 minutes and 19 seconds.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 6/10M BRF (6.1), 5/7M HM (6.0).

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Schwarzewing, (Chris). Death Knight.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... g/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Female Blood Elf. Transmogrification, AoE silence/second interrupt.
- Professions and why you choose them: Alchemy, Engineering. Usefulness, increased flask time and self-providing of combat potions and flasks.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Frost, Blood. Looking to use both Frost and Unholy once gear permits, depending on encounter.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Choice of gear, haha. Anyway,

Dual-Frost: Mastery, with Haste/Multistrike/Versa second to Mastery. Critical Strike being my last desired stat. Bur trinket, or "Horn" trinket with defile tends to shine in most cases I find. With the exception to a few encounters.

Blood: Multistrike for damage output increase, Mastery being in second. As the way I see things, the more damage going out, means the less damage that's coming in, in the course of the fight. Some might disagree.

Unholy: Multistrike due to Necrosis, no matter what talent set-up/playstyle. However, Mastery stacking with Necrotic Plague along side of Multistrike tends to rot flesh. Critical Strike useful for single target more so than cleave or AoE with Necroblight playstyle. Reaper's Harvest extremely strong for spread cleave damage with Necroblight.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Dual-Frost is fast-paced, and reacts to Killing Machine, and saving Runic Power to use Frost Strike with each Killing Machine as much as possible. Spamming your pooled Runic Power without Killing Machine tends to leave you no choice but to use Obliterate (Bad for Dual-Frost) when it does proc, or munches it in the second it does proc while waiting for it through auto-attacks.

Howling Blast should be used on Frost and Death Runes. Unholy Runes should be kept recharging (at least 1) with Obliterate. used with 1 Frost and 1 Unholy Rune. Do not use Obliterate with 1 Frost Rune and 1 Death Rune. Only use it with an Unholy Rune. You can use Obliterate on Killing Machine if the Runic Power for Frost Strike is not available. Try to minimize the amount of times this happens, by pooling Runic Power but not over-capping on Runic Power.

If you're using Defile, Plague Strike is used to handle Blood Plague with Plague Leech. Do not use Plague Strike with a Death Rune. Only an Unholy Rune should be used. Also, only when Outbreak is not available. Else, Outbreak should be used to save the Unholy Rune for either a Defile or Obliterate dump.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: <Use Your Imagination>. Left during BRF Mythic Progression after being with the guild since it was first formed, early Siege of Orgrimmar. Reason for leaving, was for a job search that ultimately went smoothly, so I have returned to the game for 6.2. However, I did not expect them to wait 3+ months or so and halt progress, so I have retired my Raiding Slot with them, and began to search for a new raiding team.

I still remain in contact with few of the raid members from there, including the Raid Leader. As they're considered somewhat long-term friends of mine. As well, I do still have an alt on the realm for casual play on their weekend raid nights, when their progression push finishes.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... t=6&boss=0

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I do not know anyone from Simple Math. I have been contacted via forum post reply regarding recruitment, and have spoken with "Oneshotmcgee" in-game and then directed to this website. I've read and reviewed all that was expected from applicants, and believe I am capable of joining the team and meeting though even more skilled than myself, so that I can improve. As there's always room to improve. I'm never satisfied with my results.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Card: GeForce GT 620
45-60. Intensified action such as, for example. Late Xhul'Horac encounter drop FPS to 45-50. May need a hardware update in the future. I am unable to run ultra graphics at a playable standard.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/127415489.png
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4524680422. Bandwidth issue I explained to Oneshotmcgee. I will not have any issues during raid times, and most times off-hours. The bandwidth is limited due to system update required by ISP, for my service area. Nothing I can physically do about the situation until fibreOp service becomes available. Stability is perfect without data-streaming. Able to keep up in-game connection and voice comms perfectly.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Ninetales
User

Re: Frost/Unholy DK Application

Postby Ninetales » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Any experience kiting in the past? How do you feel about tanking from time to time if dks are good? I think your ms paint sucked for the record.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Schwarze
User

Postby Schwarze » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Kiting, no problem. Tanking, can do it. And, thank you.

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 am

Would be available to chat on Sunday at 6:30 pm est?

Schwarze
User

Postby Schwarze » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:54 am

I'm going to withdraw my application. I have moved to a friend of mine's server and will continue to raid with her guild for the tier. Thank you for the time you've spent reading the application, and best of luck with progression.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”