Even Baddier Baddies
Wargen
User

Wargen - 698 Mistweaver Monk

Postby Wargen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:51 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22 Bloomington, Indiana

- Number of Testicles: 2

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I do use a Blizzard Authenticator.

- How long have you played WoW: 8 Years.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
The Burning Crusade: Vashj, Kael'thas, Archimonde, Illidan ( I stopped raiding shortly after Sunwell Plateau came out though, due to my guild disbanding. I didn't get to down Kil'jaeden before Wrath... :/ )

Wrath of the Lich King: Kel'Thuzad, Mimiron (Heroic), Yogg-Saron (with 1 light), Algalon, Anub'arak (50 attempts), Lich King

Cataclysm: I did not play WoW during Cataclysm due to real life issues. I heard it sucked though, so I don't have regrets!

Mists of Pandaria: I re-subscribed during Siege of Orgrimmar. My progression was 8/14H on May 2014.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Wargen, Mistweaver Monk (Bleeding Hollow - Horde)

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... gen/simple

- Race & why you chose it: Undead. There was no real resaon. All of my toons were Trolls at the moment, so I wanted to choose a different race for my Monk! I think Pandaren or Troll would have been a better choice though, due to their superior racials.

- Professions and why you choose them: Alchemy (to supply my own flasks), Tailoring (to create items for my Warlock toon)

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Mistweaver is my main spec and Brewmaster is my off-spec. I would say about 85 to 15. I am willing to respec to meet the guild's needs in the future.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Mistweaver Stat Priority: Intellect and Spirit > Multistrike > Critical Strike > Haste > Versatility > Mastery
At about 30% multistrike, acquiring more critical strike might prove to be beneficial. Having sufficient multistrike is crucial because of the resets for Renewing Mist stacks, which is the main source for Chi generation. Critical Strike is important because it increases the chance of receiving additional mana tea stacks. Haste isn't that great for the Stance of Wise Serpent, however it is crucial for fistweaving. Versatility isn't bad, but it doesn't compare to other important stats. Mastery on Mistweavers is awful as it does NOT lead to direct increase of healing. Having sufficient spirit is crucial for flexibility in healing; I believe that in order to pull 100% of our weight, Mistweavers have to fistweave during low-damage parts of an encounter to gain mana tea stacks, do lots of smart healing with eminence, and help with DPS. And then for high-damage parts of an encounter, you need to burn your mana and burst heal with Rushing Jade Wind. You cannot fight flexibly like that if you do not have enough spirit. (I have 2893 spirit with Ascension talent)
I only fistweave when I can completely trust fellow raiders though. Fistweaving in pugs oftentimes lead to disaster due to people taking lots of avoidable damage.

Brewmaster Stat Priority: Agility and Bonus Armor > Mastery > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste
Mastery is the most valuable stat as it increases your stagger amount as well as attack power. Critical strike increases the chance of getting additional Elusive Brew stacks, which is a strong defensive CD. Versatility and haste are less relevant.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Keep maximum chi before going into a fight by using Renewing Mist, Expel Harm and Surging Mist.
Pre-pot and always start a fight with fistweaving (except for fights like Kromog that has crazy AoE damage right off the bat).
Fistweaving Rotation: Keep the armor penetration buff from Tiger Palm and critical strike buff from Blackout Kick at all times (I use WeakAuras to track them). Use Surging Mist with glyph whenever it is instantly castable to get 2 chi instantly. Main source of DPS is Rising Sun Kick, so use RSK whenever your chi allows. Use Chi Burst to do strong AoE healing/damage whenever it is available.
Swap to Stance of the Wise Serpent once you have acquired enough mana tea stacks, and you know that heavy raid-wide damage is imminent. Spread Renewing Mists 5-10 seconds prior to damage spike, and use Uplift-Uplift-Expel Harm-(Chi Brew, if you have the talent)-Uplift to AoE heal. Use Rushing Jade Wind if necessary to burst heal even more effectively. Use Chi Burst as often as possible to do AoE healing/damage. Once the high-damage part is over, go back to fistweaving.

Leave the spirit outside, especially for progression bosses. The resets save tons of $$ and time for the guild!

Always coordinate with other healers before using Revival. If you pop it whenever you feel like it, there's a good chance that you have completely screwed other healers.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

I re-subscribed WoW in December 2014 and joined my first raiding guild (For the Applause - Bleeding Hollow) in February. The guild had a casual environment and a fluctuating roster. We were able to clear 9/10H on heroic constantly, however, due to its unstable roster, we were unable to get solid attempts on heroic Blackhand. I wanted to get as far as I could, so in early March I pugged heroic Blackhand for two weeks in a row and got my first kill on March 20 after more than two hundred wipes. With my experience, I took over as a raidleader and finally got my guild the first kill on May 6. (I am still raiding with them casually on my alts.)

However, I was not satisfied with the guild's performance as a whole. I knew I had passion, ability and discipline to do more challenging mythic encounters. I left <For the Applause - Bleeding Hollow> and joined <Street Corner Horde - Bleeding Hollow (Abbreviated SCH)> on May 11. During my two-week trial at SCH, I went 7/10M and gained valuable experience on mythic healing, which I am willing to elaborate more on your demands. I finished my two-week trial period and was promoted to Raider. However, I made a huge mistake with my real life work schedule and was unable to raid with SCH anymore.

I left SCH on May 27 and joined <Simulacrum - Bleeding Hollow> on May 31. The guild used to have the name of "No Imagination". There were troubles within its leadership, and "No Imagination" was disbanded in early May. Some of its old members formed a new guild named Simulacrum, which I joined. The guild has solid players and helpful environment. However, there are huge ongoing problems right now that I am more inclined to leave the guild. Below are reasons.

- Since I joined the guild in late May, we have had to pug every week due to shortage in raiders.

- The GM and officers are not online most of the time and are not easily reachable. They do not seem to have a grasp on this serious issue.

- FIVE of our core raiders were caught posting on Guild Recruitment forum with the intention of ditching the guild. A casual guild member found out about it, wrote a post on the website and got banned for creating a drama. (http://i.imgur.com/rVyyahi.png) We will likely lose all of them before our next raid night.

- Even as a new recruit, I've been doing my very best to keep the guild together. Following are the things I have been doing...

1. I have initiated a recruiting campaign (http://i.imgur.com/G5rXVrR.png), put together a Google Document of current raiders () to alert officers of this situation (http://i.imgur.com/HCDBwhO.jpg), spammed the recruitment macro on Trade Chat all day every day until now.

2. I have also been bumping the guild recruitment post on multiple forums. You might have seen me spam the recruitment post on Guild Recruitment Forum.
*Recruitment post on Bleeding Hollow Forum
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18122595392
*Recruitment post on Guild Recruitment Forum
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18124235576#5
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18125447447#1
*Posting on Reddit
- https://www.reddit.com/r/wowguilds/comm ... s_lfm_for/

We have been seeing good results.. We've gotten a few solid applications since the recruitment started.
But what I cannot take anymore is the apathy from officers and GM.
I think I've done enough as a raider. At this point, I am wondering why I am doing what I am doing. I find the situation to be ironic - GM and officers are doing nothing while a new recruit, who recently joined the guild less than three weeks ago is putting so much time and effort into salvaging this situation.
Thus, I finally made a decision to leave the guild today. I happened to bump into your recruitment post while searching.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
http://imgur.com/i5zxZYx,JWkB3nL#0 (With no activated WeakAuras visible)
http://imgur.com/i5zxZYx,JWkB3nL#1 (With all of my WeakAuras)
I use DBM, Exorsus Raid Tools (for monitoring raid cooldowns Kromog), RC Loot Council, WeakAura, ReCount, Angry Assignments and Grid.

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... st/#boss=0

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I found you through the post on Guild Recruitment Forum. I have checked your previous logs, and I was thoroughly impressed by the consistency. I do not know anyone in Simple Math yet! :D

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 8.00 GB RAM
Video Card: GeForce GTX 970 overclocked
I have two monitors. (During raid, I use one for WoW and the other one for voice chat to know who is speaking!)

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
speedtest.net: Ping 21ms, Download Speed 52.66Mbps, Upload Speed 5.81Mbps
pingtest.net: Ping 47ms, Jitter 1ms (Quality B*)

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://imgur.com/lKB443i
I was being funny.

Wargen
User

Re: Wargen - 698 Mistweaver Monk

Postby Wargen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:14 am

I forgot to mention that I am currently 7/7M HM and 7/10M BRF with numbers of pulls on both Iron Maidens and Blast Furnace. I've also watched various videos with different PoV for Mythic Blackhand.

Wargen
User

Postby Wargen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:15 am

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:23 am

So quite a few things to say here.

First off, I defiantly see a passion here, which i personally love to see. You also seem to have the idea behind how your spec works down.

I do have a lot to ask here.

So first off your progression history. I'm going to assume that before WoD, you weren't pushing content that seriously, due to your own telling of it, and that your armory indicates that you most likely made a new account during MoP. Now that said, your progression before this xpac isn't of too much consequence. What I got out of this is that you seem to have taken multiple breaks from WoW due to various reasons. Now in this guild we have many long-standing raiders, with a good majority of them having been here for at least 1-2 years.

My question from all that is basically if we did accept you, could you guarantee that you wouldn't take a significant break that would cause us to find a replacement?

My second point is that looking at that raid times of your previous 2 guilds, they were both 2 day a week guilds whose raid times added up to 10.5 and 8 hours a week. Here in Simple Math, we raid 4 days a week, 5 hours a day, for a total of 20 hours a week. I don't know what you've done in the past as far as raid time investment is concerned, but from what I can see of you since you started playing again, it would be quite a jump in time commitment.

The question here is, do you think you can handle our raid schedule and not get burnt out?

The last point I want to touch on is with regards to you as a healer. Currently, we have 6 healers in the guild, 2 of which are currently trials. Most mythic fights will generally have you running 4 healers, with some using 5. This means that should we accept you, then at any given point 2-3 healers are going to be sitting when everyone is available. This is further complicated by the fact that every fight will most likely have us using a holy paladin and a disc priest, meaning that 2 of the 4-5 slots a fight are going to be taken by default. All of this means that you would have to be highly competitive compared to our other healers to be brought in. Now from what you've said in this app, I don't think this would actually dissuade you.

The reason I bring all of this up, other than just giving you an idea of what you're coming into, is actually because of your logs. From a quick glance they aren't particularly impressive, but given how your progression has played out this tier, and the fact that there seems to be an upwards trend, I do see potential here.

I didn't really have a big question to ask here, but I can actually think of 2 to ask here.

First, if we were to accept you and with the healer situation here haven been laid out in front of you, do you think that you can truly be competitive with our current healers given a level playing field? And second, and more importantly, do you think that you can handle seeing varying amounts of bench time, depending on how the healing situation here plays out over the next tier, given that if we were to accept you that you would be our 7th full-time healer?

I hope you can answer these questions with the same passion you've shown in your application.

Wargen
User

Postby Wargen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:30 pm

In a nutshell, I raided competitively during TBC (my guild downed Tier 5 and 6 contents way before the opening quest chains were removed), semi-casually in WotLK, quit during Cata and came back in MoP. I lost my account due to unfortunate happenings during Cata, so I made a new one during MoP.

I already raid in two guilds (total of 17 hours a week). If I were to transfer to Simple Math, I am willing to give up both, so the jump won't be an issue. I won't get burnt out.

My biggest issue here is the healing comp. Like you mentioned, an ideal 4-healing comp would include Disc/Hpally/Rshaman + (Rdruid/MW/Hpriest/Another Hpally). From what I have seen on your logs, you always use Disc, Hpally and Rshaman for any fight. And with the GM being the Rshaman, that leaves one spot for other 4 healers.

While I am not dissuaded by this fact, I am disappointed to say that what you have offered is not what I am looking for. I believe Mistweavers are going to be incredible in 6.2, and I know that I have the discipline and talent to be the best. I want to be your core healer, not a backup option. I want to give my best to my guild in any given situation - but I also want to be granted the responsibility to do so.

I have always played on Bleeding Hollow, and transferring to a completely new realm that I have no acquaintance in would be a huge investment and commitment on my part. It would be an unwise decision of me to take these risks just to be your second option.

Stormingire
User

Postby Stormingire » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:28 pm

I'm flattered that you think I'm the GM (I'm not).

We could say any number of things to persuade you, but I don't think that would be fair to you. While we are offering a full-time slot, the logistics of a 7-healing roster would mean you would see a fair amount of bench time, and you definitely seem to want a more prominent position in a guild.

As such, we are going to pass on this app at this time. Best of luck to your guild search.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”