Rapunxel
User

Rapunxel App

Postby Rapunxel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:24 am

Player information:
Age & Location:
I'm twenty-one, and I live in Albany, NY

Number of Testicles:
Two, although one is doing this really weird thing and sort of hiding inside me so one and a half?

Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
I don't, because I am poor and only have an obamaphone. I have made up for this with more than decent virus protection, however.

How long have you played WoW:
I've been playing for about nine years now. I didn't accomplish much with raiding when I first started during the WotLK era but I did do my fair share of gay role-playing with creeps I found in Silvermoon City...

Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I took a long break after getting rid of my first account at the end of Cataclysm, and when I came back during Throne of Thunder in MoP I tanked through ToT and SoO, clearing both on normal (got the AotC for Lei Shen and Garrosh) and then started working on heroic (now mythic) bosses in SoO. So far in WoD, I'm 7/7N/H and 6/7M for Highmaul.

Character Information:
Name, & Class:
Rapunxel, Priest

Link to Battle.net Armory:
My actual character on Zuluhed is a recent transfer/faction change, so I'm not even on the armory yet. For the purpose of checking my achievements though, another character on my account from my old server can be found @ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... xel/simple

Race & why you chose it:
Blood Elf, because I enjoy the slight mana cooldown for lengthy boss fights and I also think I look totally gorgeous.

Professions and why you choose them:
Alchemy/Herbalism, because while I was expecting much more out of alchemy this expansion, I still do enjoy being able to provide my own flasks and potions as well as get a lengthier buff from flasks.

Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
I currently have the Holy and Shadow specializations, and I've gotten very used to all three specializations this tier, though I have the most experience with Holy and Discipline in a raid setting.

Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
I've recently had to switch everything to Holy, so with my stat priority being multistrike>haste I've been swapping everything over to that enchant-wise and working on acquiring gear better itemized for my specialization. Shadow is more focused on mastery and multistrike (multistrike being the lesser prioritized) but I honestly haven't been focusing much on another set as it wasn't really ever utilized in a raid setting so I saw no point.

Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
For Holy (assuming I'm primarily focused on raid healing) I keep renew up on tanks and blanket the rest of the raid with it as best as I can, using circle of healing and cascade on cooldown when there is raid damage going out. I try to save my free/instant flash heals from surge of light for a single target who has taken a high amount of damage, however I will spend them on anything if they are about to expire for the stack of serendipity. With the serendipity stacks, I will usually hold them to cast heal on tanks taking damage or a prayer of healing if raid damage is higher. I keep my lightwell up on cooldown and I actually don't use holy word: sanctuary much but instead take advantage of the chakra: sanctuary for it's reduction of the cooldown of circle of healing every time a heal is cast.

Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Looking for more organization in a guild as well as more consistency with the leadership and the skill level of players brought to raids. I'd be leaving DPS INC, as this past week of progression with Heroic Blackrock Foundry has been laden with lackluster and uncommitted players as well as an overall lack of preparedness from the raid as a whole.

Other Information:
A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i.imgur.com/IU0tnLC.jpg

Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jf ... pe=healing

Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Not only have I watched you in action through your streams, but I have also seen how quickly you progress with new content and since this (to me) seems like an obvious indication of how prepared your raiders/leaders are, I would be honored to raid alongside these kinds of people as I feel I am the same with my dedication, level of performance and ability to learn quickly and show up in a timely and prepared fashion.

What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I am on an HP Laptop, Intel Core i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz with 6 GB of RAM and my video card is an Intel HD Graphics 4000. Obviously a laptop isn't as ideal for raiding, however I do more than fine with this sucker and I get about 30-40FPS in a raid of 25 (or even 30).

Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4120465486

Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below:
I worked really hard on this so don't make fun!
http://i.imgur.com/A1zosg3.jpg

Ninetales
User

Re: Rapunxel App

Postby Ninetales » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:14 am

How do you feel about shadow?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Rapunxel
User

Postby Rapunxel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:21 am

I have absolutely no problem going shadow and doing more in-depth research to master it/itemize better for it. I'm much more concerned about doing whatever it takes to raid. While I am aware that in any high-end raiding guild many players see bench time, I will let you know that I am shooting for being there for mythic kills and progression assuming I am performing as optimally as possible.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:42 am

What would your current guild say about you as a raider?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Rapunxel
User

Postby Rapunxel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:52 am

In this very moment, my prior guild would probably say that I'm an exceptional raider but that I had a short period of being MIA (a week) due to personal life issues and this made them question my reliability. These issues I was having have since been dealt with and I am 100% committed to my raids.

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 am

your MS Paint looks like me
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Rapunxel
User

Postby Rapunxel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:05 am

Rude wrote:your MS Paint looks like me

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:08 pm

hey would you be available for a mumble interview either tonight or saturday night around 7pm?

Rapunxel
User

Postby Rapunxel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:13 pm

I am available either night! Just let me know when I'll probably be online all night or you can get back to me on this :)

drane
User

Postby drane » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:38 am

there's a few ways to pair a blizzard authenticator with a desktop app

https://code.google.com/p/winauth/

this one works pretty well
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gonkish wrote:God dammit, Blizzard! Can't you just nerf druids?! WHY MUST YOU NERF THE BEST HAT?!

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”