- Age & Location: 30 , Louisiana

- Number of Testicles: 2

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: 2004 - Current

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla Clears: MC, ZG, AQ, BWL
BC Clears: Kara, T4, T5, T6, Mu'ru in Sunwell
Wrath Clears : All Content including Hard Modes
Cata Clears : BWD, Throne, Firelands, Dragon Soul all including Heroic, Sinestra in BoT
Mist : MSV , HOF, ToES (HM), ToT, SoO (Immers - Shamans & Garrosh)

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Encarsia , Rogue

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Encarsia/advanced

- Race & why you chose it: Blood Elf , after a short venture as a goblin I returned back to Blood Elf for aesthetics.

- Professions and why you choose them: Engineering & Enchanting , utility and static stat boost

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Assassination (MS) Sub (OS) , Can play any spec as needed. Currently playing Assa/Sub due to lack of weapons.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Assassination: Agi > Hit & Exp 7.5 > Haste > Mastery > Crit

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Muti, SnD , Muti to 4 CP, Rupture, Muti to 5 CP, Envenom, Below 35% replace Muti with Dispatch. (Above 35% Dispatch procs take priority over Envenom)

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Conquest, VoS; currently still in VoS, looking for a new raiding guild to finish Mist and enter into WoD

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/iJQD3lh.jpg

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sb220chu97fsglgc/dashboard/?s=1874&e=2441

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Looking for progression raiding, Found you guys through Killg, Yes, I was in VoS with Killg

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Intel 3930 OC'ed to 5 GHZ, 32 gigs of Ram, GTX 690, 35+FPS in raid.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3703183381
http://www.pingtest.net/

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below

Mooby
User

Re: Encarsia - Assassination Rogue

Postby Mooby » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi Encarsia,

I'm Paranoia, one of the guild's resident retarded Rogues, and I just have a few comments on your app.

Looking at your armory, you are over hit cap (and slightly over exp cap), which is a clear DPS loss due to the lack of better stats that could be in place of the excess hit and exp. Also, as Assassination, mastery is still ahead of haste since the nerf to PPM trinkets months ago (Assassination's mastery is very OP), so toss those haste gems / glove enchant and get the mastery equiv.

I went ahead and ran your character through Shadowcraft to optimize it, and I suggest readjusting accordingly; Here's your fix

You also lack a lot of raiding experience this expansion, with 0 heroic kills (except a few ToT), and still haven't even cleared SoO on normal. How do you feel you could be a benefit to a guild that has had heroic content on farm for months now when you haven't stepped foot into the content?

Thanks for your time,
purhanoya
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:25 pm

encarsia wrote:Intel 3930 OC'ed to 5 GHZ

looking forward to that burning out in a few months and being out 600 bucks?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

encarsia
User

Postby encarsia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:14 pm

My raiding experience for the last 2 tiers is fairly limited yes, I listed the experience I have in the OP, I've killed Garrosh normal and various random bosses on heroic in ToT. I did not main my rogue for the majority of this expansion (Played (if you can call it that very limited play if any) a WW/BM monk until a month or so ago) and had some extremely lengthy breaks due to moving. When I returned playing and decided to main my rogue again my current guild had already quit raiding.

Thanks for running my character through shadowcraft and for making me aware of the PPM nerf as that wasn't in last time I actively went for optimization any character.

Now you ask how I can benefit your guild, I can provide an experienced player to move into the next expansion to fill one of the rogue spots you are currently looking for, I wouldn't expect anyone to carry me to a heroic kill this expansion nor would I want that. I haven't been carried or paid for a kill of any type in 10 years don't plan on starting now.

Also my PC is been running nice and cool since 2012 thanks to independent water cooling for the CPU/GPU =)

encarsia
User

Postby encarsia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm

PC has been* that was quite the fail =\

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:28 pm

heat isn't the only contributor to chip failure.
if you never tasted joy

upperr
User

Postby upperr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:24 pm

I think it is great when players who don't have the gear or experience for current heroic content take on a challenge. I've been there myself, starting out this expansion as an lfr casual to where I am now. The thing is that if we give you a trial opportunity you will need to try exceptionally harder than other recruits who have higher item level.

How much guidance will you need from us on a per-encounter basis? Do you take constructive criticism well? Fun is enforced here but making consistent mistakes will not go unnoticed. How do you handle being called out if such an event were to occur?

Lastly, can Killg vouch for your raiding history/skills?

encarsia
User

Postby encarsia » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:25 pm

I've always researched encounters before stepping into them which stems back from my earlier raiding experience. I was in a guild where you got sat for the week if you didn't know a single encounter. So the guidance would be minimal at most I would do my homework and research for each and every encounter to know what could be expected of me for each one.

I'm also a firm believer in constructive criticism and feel that it is needed in a progression environment. I also handle it well I'm not one to bitch about being called out or having my feelings hurt. I'd rather know I made a mistake and be able to correct it. As I'll be correcting my character optimization later today.

I'm also sure Killg will vouch for my player skill and raiding history. We were both present for many if not all of the heroic kills I've completed this expansion.

encarsia
User

Postby encarsia » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:31 am

Mooby wrote:
I went ahead and ran your character through Shadowcraft to optimize it, and I suggest readjusting accordingly; Here's your fix

Just wondering if you could elaborate on this a bit more, after viewing both the provided link on shadowcraft and the current set up I have pulling from the armory, and the shadowcraft optimized character sheet. I'm just a bit confused on the subject. The linked optimization actually lowers my haste & mastery significantly in favor of what appears to be gaining a large amount of crit to my knowledge a much less favorable stat.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:07 am

>Louisiana

Gross.

encarsia
User

Postby encarsia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:50 am

See you're from Lafayette Mist, I lived there for almost 10 years.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:04 pm

we appreciate the application but we're going to pass at this time. best of luck finding a guild.
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”