- Do any others have access to your account? N
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Y
- How long have you played WoW: 9 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
raid leader vanilla wow, Naxx dead minus last 2 bosses sadly,
BC, sunwell cleared, cant recall rest
Wrath, H sindy dead, raid lead,
Cata, no real raiding until DS, H DS, ship dead,
MoP, H MSV cleared, current, H HOF, Wind lord dead, H TOES, lei shi dead, H ToT, H jikun dead,
H SoO, 8/14H dead, 11/14 progression

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Demise Dpriest
- Race & why did you choose it: Blood elf, no reason, like em
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ise/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? cant say i can
- Professions and why did you choose them: eng/enchat buffs
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? none, dont
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Crit reigns supream for disc priests
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: not many relevnt D priests glpys, use glpyh of pennace for moving
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? NA
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? holy fire smite archangle pennance and divine star halo or cascade depending on fight. normal roation, power word shield on rapture
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): none
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: DoTD of zuljin, raid team disband, thunderdome of zuljin, raid hours conflict and disagreement with leadership

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/7aiFfv4
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Zul'jin/Demise/ logs listed easily
- Alts & their name/level: Legalus 562 desto lock
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): none really, cell number if needed
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: post on my forum post
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? solid guild with working hours
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Chip type: GeForce GTX 650
Display Memory: 2754 MB
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3411837557
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
im drawing a stick man...
http://imgur.com/2ojJCVu
THERES MY STICK MAN!

grouch
Admin

Re: Disc priest

Postby grouch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:10 am

DemiseZJ wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Blood elf, no reason, like em

while we don't require players be a specific race, do you believe blood elf is best for your class or role? if not, which is?

DemiseZJ wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them: eng/enchat buffs

do you believe these are your best raiding professions? if not, which are and why?

DemiseZJ wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? none, dont

are you at least able to play pve holy? you said that you have past experience on a warlock, have you ever attempted to play shadow?

DemiseZJ wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Crit reigns supream for disc priests

how much spirit do you aim for? how do you value int, mastery, and haste?

DemiseZJ wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/7aiFfv4

which boss mods do you use? do you find yourself running out of screen real estate in raids? it seems like your unit frames take up the majority of your screen.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:41 am

DemiseZJ wrote:- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ise/simple

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:16 am

i think it's a different demise, minted :P
if you never tasted joy

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:08 am

Do you feel having to click the majority of your spells hinders your gameplay?

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 am

Are you attached to the name?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

merk
User

Postby merk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:54 am

Your description of how to play priest is missing key components to the degree where I'd estimate you 40% of what you should be bringing to the raid if actually followed.

Your meters are perhaps slightly better - but only in the sense that that your raw hps (which is *not* value) is 66% of what the top priest is doing. Gear independent dispels are the same, you are, or are tied for, last place in the few dispel fights I looked at.

No care was put into this application to the degree of not bothering to fix the spelling. This is something that involves as little as clicking the little red squiggles as you type. Is that the degree of preparation I should expect from you for a new boss? A stock UI with grid, one macro & no key binds says yes to me.

I'm having a difficult time determining why I should want you.

DemiseZJ
User

Postby DemiseZJ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 pm

in the regards of the app, your correct, i took minimal time and filled it out, if that was a mistake, ah well, i wasn't aware that typing or my skills lack there of was a direct quotient to my skills as a healer, i also wasn't aware that i would be graded on the typing of my rotation or lack there of one, i play defensive healer, that's what i enjoy, that's what i go for, if that's not for you, then i don't blame you and suggest you continue your search, in the order that i think if the answers to the questions,

"Gear independent dispels are the same, you are, or are tied for, last place in the few dispel fights I looked at."

pray tell, which fights? because outside of the one week of 25 man logs, you should see alot of ten, off my head, i can describe my dispels, Imm, conga line 10 man strategy raid mass dispelled at 5 stacks, fallen prot, was in charge of group 1 dispels, malk, never got to dispel phase, thok, mass dispelled on poison phase, cant recall any other "dispel" fights, next question

am i attached to the name, i feel there's more to this story here, but no, if a reasonable off came around, id probably sell it, i just happened to get it

do i feel the need to click a majority of my spells hinder, i don't click anything but 1 2 3 4, i attached a UI screen shot, not my clique screenshots, the other buttons are simply there for quick glances at cool-downs

do i feel that my screen gets cluttered, no, i have everything set you so the center of my screen is clear and easily view-able, i play on a 45 inch TV so things are much more spread then the image would belive

boss mods, full list of mods i use include DBM, grid, clique, GTFO, im open to any other suggested mobs that server a purpose besides "pretty" \

while we don't require players be a specific race, do you believe blood elf is best for your class or role? if not, which is?

hard to really say, disc priests benefit marginally from haste but i suppose with the available horde side options, the goblin cast speed would be viable, but trolls would most likely inch out, i choose blood elf because i like them and the 2% mana regen

how much spirit do you aim for? how do you value int, mastery, and haste?

i am playing with 11k spirit, haven't seen much need for more, i could probably play with a little less but i like running with a bit more then needed for those situations

int>crit>mast>crit>haste i use failry standard weights in regards to simcraft howtopriest and AMR
int 1
SP .81
crit .49
mast .40
haste .3

are you are least able to play holy,

no, i have never touched the spec, never wanted to really, nor had a need to, same with shadow

do i believe these are the best raiding profs,
dunno, on the sims they got the highest HPS, but that's really pointless sometimes, HPS is not everything, eng gives me a bit of on demand spell power to time with spirit shells on sha of pride swelling or similar mechanics, so i enjoy it

this answers any questions i saw, if i missed one, please inform me, the app was hastily done because i generally talking to someone and informing in a 1v1 scenario of questions rather then typing a 45 min essay or the like, if this is still not to your liking, then i believe we have reached a impasse

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:08 pm

It doesn't take 45 minutes to care about what your app looks like. the entire point of it is to see if you can follow directions.

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:49 am

I agree with Amye, it takes very little effort to make your app look nice, and you should try picking up a Shadow or Holy offspec. Holy is massively better on Malkorok, as well as a few other fights.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 am

DemiseZJ wrote:i wasn't aware that typing or my skills lack there of

he was commenting that you didn't put time into your application which includes very basic proof reading.

DemiseZJ wrote:am i attached to the name, i feel there's more to this story here, but no, if a reasonable off came around, id probably sell it, i just happened to get it

we had a scumbag in the guild for a long time named demise, this was mostly a joke.

DemiseZJ wrote:disc priests benefit marginally from haste but i suppose with the available horde side options, the goblin cast speed would be viable, but trolls would most likely inch out, i choose blood elf because i like them and the 2% mana regen

i've always been under the impression that it's troll -> goblin -> blood elf as well, especially this late in the xpac when there's little need for the extra mana regen. the interrupt is nice though for a few fights this tier.

DemiseZJ wrote:i am playing with 11k spirit, haven't seen much need for more, i could probably play with a little less but i like running with a bit more then needed for those situations

i'm currently running at 6700 (unbuffed) - you should try dropping a bit more, as long as you use solace (or mindbender) and pw:s well you should be fine.

DemiseZJ wrote:int>crit>mast>crit>haste i use failry standard weights in regards to simcraft howtopriest and AMR
int 1
SP .81
crit .49
mast .40
haste .3

i think crit is more valuable than you think.

DemiseZJ wrote:no, i have never touched the spec, never wanted to really, nor had a need to, same with shadow

you should be able to play holy or shadow - my second spec is holy and i only use it on one fight in SoO but i still know how to play it. what happens when you run into a fight like malk when disc just doesn't measure up or there's an ability that trivializes a mechanic? you sit?

DemiseZJ wrote:dunno, on the sims they got the highest HPS, but that's really pointless sometimes, HPS is not everything, eng gives me a bit of on demand spell power to time with spirit shells on sha of pride swelling or similar mechanics, so i enjoy it

engineering is best for pretty much everybody. i believe skinning is other best profession.

DemiseZJ wrote:the app was hastily done because i generally talking to someone and informing in a 1v1 scenario of questions rather then typing a 45 min essay or the like, if this is still not to your liking, then i believe we have reached a impasse

like i said earlier, the point of the application is so you can show the entire guild that you know what you're doing (instead of just one person) as well as demonstrate your attitude towards criticism. if you don't agree with our form of vetting players then why did you apply? our accepted applicant forum has 5307 posts and denied has 17224 - that's quite a bit of content to use as examples.
if you never tasted joy

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:11 am

DemiseZJ wrote:disc priests benefit marginally from haste but i suppose with the available horde side options, the goblin cast speed would be viable, but trolls would most likely inch out, i choose blood elf because i like them and the 2% mana regen

i've always been under the impression that it's troll -> goblin

Why would you be a goblin then... shitty looks and racial

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 am

because goblins are awesome.
if you never tasted joy

DemiseZJ
User

Postby DemiseZJ » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:41 pm

replys based on order i note them,

i have always been under the impression that it's troll -> goblin -> blood elf as well, especially this late in the xpac when there's little need for the extra mana regen. the interrupt is nice though for a few fights this tier.

i have always been under the impression its a negligible percentile increase and more healer choice in healer classes, of coarse there are notable exclusions, like the ToT world first race fiasco with trolls

'm currently running at 6700 (unbuffed) - you should try dropping a bit more, as long as you use solace (or mindbender) and pw:s well you should be fine.

i am still currently playing and lowers my spirit marginally until i find the plateau that i am comfortable with on my play style, i know priests that run 6k and a know one that runs 13k, both seem viable based on play styles

engineering is best for pretty much everybody. i believe skinning is other best profession.

had not considered skinning, your probably correct with the free crit, would the rating gain be enough to see a notable difference?

if you don't agree with our form of vetting players then why did you apply?

i don't believe i said that i disagreed, or i don't believe i would be continuing to pursue this app and answering the questions, i simply assumed based off the fact that i was contacted via battle tag and not simply a guild spam and app request on my forum posting that the app was more of a put your name here, and we talk 1v1, which is why i speed threw, upon being corrected i took my time and answered all question in a coherent and clear manner, to my knowledge anyway. if i missed any questions, i apologize

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Thank you for applying but we have decided to pass on your application best of luck in your search for a guild.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”